Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

31 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Barnsley relegated following their defeat to Huddersfield tonight. Quite a fall for Barnsley who were in the playoffs last year. The win for Huddersfield confirms their place in the play offs. 

A classic case of a manager who really got the best out of a squad at Barnsley but once he went it all went wrong ?

On 19/04/2022 at 17:54, Tommy Fresh said:

If they sort out the mess behind the scenes and manage to keep hold of players and staff I think they'll actually benefit from it and come back well like we did. You're making out they are chucking in a load of 16 year olds with no game time, when most of them have a fair bit of experience.

On 19/04/2022 at 18:48, Tommy Fresh said:

Also remember this Derby side aren't going down based on how they've performed on the pitch, so they are theoretically performing at a higher standard. They also aren't going down with that negative vibe of having played poorly over a season, in fact the fans seem fully onside with Rooney and the players. All obviously depends on how quickly they resolve the s***show behind the scenes.

They were living on a dream of staying up despite the off field distractions. The momentum and adrenaline went once relegation was confirmed. Getting stuffed by a low championship side today that could've, by all accounts, have scored 6 is not a good sign. Losing their final championship games could well set the tone for next season. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

They were living on a dream of staying up despite the off field distractions. The momentum and adrenaline went once relegation was confirmed. Getting stuffed by a low championship side today that could've, by all accounts, have scored 6 is not a good sign. Losing their final championship games could well set the tone for next season. 

We'll see, I do think they'll come back a lot better from it. Obviously reliant on the off field stuff being resolved.

Has Rooney even done that good a job at Derby. Scraped survival last season and without the points deduction this season would have had them around 17th. 

Having points deducted seems to have made his stock higher even though he hasn’t done anything to warrant it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Has Rooney even done that good a job at Derby. Scraped survival last season and without the points deduction this season would have had them around 17th. 

Having points deducted seems to have made his stock higher even though he hasn’t done anything to warrant it.

He's definitely done well, but I don't see that he's proved enough to warrant his next job in the premier League though

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Also take in to account the restrictions they had on signing players and a few of those leaving in Jan.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Forest winning again 😬 didn’t know what was happening as they attacked straight from a throw in, so used to those going back to centre backs

Bournemouth already losing as well.

And they've got each other to play soon.

Maybe I'm just saying this because I hate them but I think Forest would struggle big time in the Prem, thin squad, most of their best players are on loans they won't get permanently and they're really riding the crest of wave in a really poor division this year.