Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hope this result doesn't derail Luton's play-off push and demoralise them for the weekend...

Would love Luton to come up.

A fresh face in the Premier League. 

Plus one of the greatest comeback stories after being relegated to the conference a few years ago.

They've got their new stadium all planned too.

I lived in Luton for a couple of years and did my degree in sports journalism down there. Spent a lot of time at Kenilworth Road watching games and even interviewed Nathan Jones a couple of times in his first spell there.

Nick Owen also gave me a telephone interview.

Even if they lost every game, would be a real fairytale story.

• Like 3

Guest MarshallForEngland

Mitrovic is made for the Championship, just the right balance of power and finesse. I still can't see him doing that well in the prem though. 

On a side note, watching the Fulham fans invading the pitch reminds me of all the times we have won something and never went on the pitch. Right or wrong, it seems to be a given for most teams in the country that winning the league at home is going to result in a pitch invasion. Anyone got a theory as to why we never do it?

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Mitrovic is made for the Championship, just the right balance of power and finesse. I still can't see him doing that well in the prem though. 

On a side note, watching the Fulham fans invading the pitch reminds me of all the times we have won something and never went on the pitch. Right or wrong, it seems to be a given for most teams in the country that winning the league at home is going to result in a pitch invasion. Anyone got a theory as to why we never do it?

We did it at home to Doncaster, away to Huddersfield.

Also home to Spurs last match at Filbert Street.

Am I missing something here but they were banging on about mitrovic scoring the most goals since brian clough then all of a sudden it’s guy whittingham and there’s no mention of clough or an explanation. Now I’ve not been paying full attention but has the stat man had an howler and now they’re just pretending it didn’t happen or have I had the howler lol 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

That'll really knock the confidence for Luton going into that final league game. I hope they make the play offs though. Be nice a story if they get promoted. 

Probably be ok for the play-offs as they play Reading but really struggling with injuries. 

Jesus wept, I just saw the Luton result. lol

Chins up boys, if you squeak the play-offs by the skin of your teeth in 6th, it's going to make you knocking out Forest in the semis all the sweeter. :trumpet:

Thankfully at last. Fulham win the championship. If your other half happens to be a Fulham fan, this is a massive relief. Jesus, it's been torture. Why the Fckk didn't they do this against Forest !

It's also not great if said Fulham fan is moaning about fans on the pitch and you accidently confess to doing a pitch walk about when we were promoted 😂😂😂

Never thought I'd say this good luck to Forest tonight hope they can sneak into the top two. Despite the rivalry between the two it would be nice to face them again the top flight. Plus not keen on Scott Parker or Bournemouth they've already had there party in the premier league recently.

• Haha 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Never thought I'd say this good luck to Forest tonight hope they can sneak into the top two. Despite the rivalry between the two it would be nice to face them again the top flight. Plus not keen on Scott Parker or Bournemouth they've already had there party in the premier league recently.

Get in the bin mate, and before you ask no we're not having a Martin O'Neill trophy carved up 

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Thankfully at last. Fulham win the championship. If your other half happens to be a Fulham fan, this is a massive relief. Jesus, it's been torture. Why the Fckk didn't they do this against Forest !

It's also not great if said Fulham fan is moaning about fans on the pitch and you accidently confess to doing a pitch walk about when we were promoted 😂😂😂

I like Fulham but I'd be interested to know how their supporters feel about this. I imagine I'd be a bit meh about winning the Championship after the last 5 seasons that Fulham have had. 

44 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

No

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

there is a small part of me that would like to see Forest come up. But a much larger part of me would rather see them suffer shattering play off heartbreak, losing their star players in the summer and then spending another 20 years outside the PL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I like Fulham but I'd be interested to know how their supporters feel about this. I imagine I'd be a bit meh about winning the Championship after the last 5 seasons that Fulham have had. 

Absolutely delighted. I can tell you they are ecstatic. Several reasons, winning the league rather than the play off lottery. They've had, aside from a few results, a phenomenal, record-breaking season. When they were promoted last time, they were very frustrated. The PO final was very close to the start of the season due to Covid, and left them little time to get any new players in, and they ended up mainly with loanees and hardly any pre-season. Plus, Parker ended up dividing the squad and falling out with the owners. And alienating their best player in Mitro.  This time, they've had a very convincing season, Marco has the squad united, and they now have a chance to get additional players earlier, to build the squad.

Basically, they've had a brilliant season and think with an experienced PL manager it will be better this time. Before they were relegated the first time, they had 13 straight years in the PL and reached a Europa League Final, so feel the club is capable of it.

Most appreciate they've not had a dull few years. A bit like ourselves. Our house has definitely not been dull. With our play off semi-final disasters, promotion, Premier League win, FA Cup win, Champions League, Europa League etc exploits and Fulham being relegated, play off wins, relegation and promotion.....it's exhausting :D

• Like 1