Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I live in Nottingham and i'm 5050 between wanting them to come up to rectify our horror show this season and making sure it isn't something we have to live with for years, and wanting to see them fall spectacularly at the last hurdle and have to sell all their best players to balance the books. 

One thing is for sure this year has reminded me just how painfully arrogant they are. It's as if the last 25 years haven't happened and they're back to being some huge club again. I've never seen so many Forest shirts in this city. 

See I wish I could be this optimistic about playing them, but the way we approach any game of importance (outside the FA Cup last season and Europa Conference games up to the semis) doesn’t fill me with confidence, and I’m not even sure if Brendan understands what the Forest rivalry means to most fans. All I can see is them turning up motivated home and away whilst the team is arrogantly assuming just another game and we get done over home and away. Wish that wasn’t the case but the cup game spoke volumes and Brendan has proved himself resilient to any shift in mentality. 

Fingers crossed that’s catastrophising and we batter them both games should they come up, but I can’t say I’m confident lol 

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

See I wish I could be this optimistic about playing them, but the way we approach any game of importance (outside the FA Cup last season and Europa Conference games up to the semis) doesn’t fill me with confidence, and I’m not even sure if Brendan understands what the Forest rivalry means to most fans. All I can see is them turning up motivated home and away whilst the team is arrogantly assuming just another game and we get done over home and away. Wish that wasn’t the case but the cup game spoke volumes and Brendan has proved himself resilient to any shift in mentality. 

Fingers crossed that’s catastrophising and we batter them both games should they come up, but I can’t say I’m confident lol 

A one of Cup game is so different to a regular League fixture, as we've seen ourselves throughout the years.

I wouldn't expect us, with a stronger side, to go there in a Premier League game and get battered 4-1. Just like I wouldn't expect Arsenal to go there in a League game and lose.

But anyway, I'm hoping Huddersfield get promoted as I have been wishing for the last 6 months or so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A one of Cup game is so different to a regular League fixture, as we've seen ourselves throughout the years.

I wouldn't expect us, with a stronger side, to go there in a Premier League game and get battered 4-1. Just like I wouldn't expect Arsenal to go there in a League game and lose.

But anyway, I'm hoping Huddersfield get promoted as I have been wishing for the last 6 months or so.

We only recently got shown up by Everton, twice over, who were relegation candidates, even though we had only the league left to play for in securing a lower European spot. 

Add in the derby factor then realistically any team motivated enough can do another team over. If they’re the only ones who are motivated then they could easily do us unfortunately, 

And I’m not talking 4-1 necessarily, just losing both games whether it be 4-0 or 1-0 is bad enough. 

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I think you're over thinking that one pal. 

It was a disaster of a day and literally my worst nightmare. Had lads I've not even heard from since school pop up out of nowhere. I'm still angry about it now if I'm honest.

I totally agree I don't think any of them quite got what it meant to us. I think Forest played more like it was their biggest game than we did. 

Having said all that. They'd all have to be in a pretty enclosed bubble not to see the reaction from our fans and we are the vastly superior side. I'd expect us to win both games and that makes me want them to come back up. (My summer will be pretty unbearable though)

• Like 1

I've never known a fan base bang on about being the self proclaimed biggest club in their area (East Midlands). Their insecurity is really off the charts.

Liverpool dont bang on about being the biggest club in Liverpool.

Newcastle dont bang on about being the biggest club in the North East.

If you have to try to convince people people something is true then maybe it might not be true...

“Nottingham Forest have sold out their allocation of just over 36,000 for Wembley. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 What a club great fan base deserve premier league football” 

The population of Nottingham is over 330 thousand and their ground holds over 30 thousand people. Say 27,000 home fans given the away end. Add that to the fact they’ve NEVER until Sunday played at the new Wembley and they’ve been out of the top flight since 1999. I should hope they’ve sold the ****er out as well. 

What on Earth is going on man why is this considered an achievement?! 

I hope town absolutely embarrass the horrible ***** on Sunday. They can rot down there forever as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder how many Huddersfield fans are going to the Rugby League Challenge cup final and Play-off final?

The place will feel like a ghost town. 

Asked someone this and they reckon there is not much of a crossover at all. 

• Like 1