Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

Guest Col city fan

Without real investment neither of these two sides would stay in the Prem

Huddersfield are garbage and Forest aren’t much better.

Bouremouth will struggle again I think but I fancy Fulham will be ok next term 

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's why they'll invest. Dunno why people keep referring to loan players, Villa were in the same position when they came up.

And they have Villa money to spend? And they aren't coming up with a Grealish type player in the squad. Plus losing half the team means invest or not people have no idea how they'll cope.

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Col city fan said:

Without real investment neither of these two sides would stay in the Prem

Huddersfield are garbage and Forest aren’t much better.

Bouremouth will struggle again I think but I fancy Fulham will be ok next term 

All three will struggle I think. 

These two aren’t great.

Still not sure how we lost to Forest, watching this. 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And they have Villa money to spend? And they aren't coming up with a Grealish type player in the squad. Plus losing half the team means invest or not people have no idea how they'll cope.

Dunno but as we all know they will receive a lot of money for winning this game.

All they need is three or four players depending on Zinkenenkle who they'll probably sign anyway if they come up.

Take the point about Grealish but it's not as if they lower half of the PL is full of quality is it. We literally spent most of the season bottom under Pearson and still finished 14th.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno but as we all know they will receive a lot of money for winning this game.

All they need is three or four players depending on Zinkenenkle who they'll probably sign anyway if they come up.

Take the point about Grealish but it's not as if they lower half of the PL is full of quality is it. We literally spent most of the season bottom under Pearson and still finished 14th.

They'll need more than 3 or 4 if the loans go back. Even if they sign the loans that's a huge amount of what they can spend gone on essentially keeping this team together.

Only hope they may have is getting some players from Olympiacos over.

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's why they'll invest. Dunno why people keep referring to loan players, Villa were in the same position when they came up.

Yeah, they've not had to buy players for their promotion push, so in theory they should have a bit more money to throw around.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf, that was 7 years ago we did that, can't judge the league on that season now. Although yeah the bottom half isn't great.

I just don't agree with assertions they'll definitely do well. They lose a few players, the new ones might not work out. They came 4th, we've seen team destroy the championship and not survive in the premier league the following season, so why are Forest suddenly going to amazing? Based on one game vs us on a bad day?

Also I think they need 7 or 8. They need to keep or replace the loanees, (Davis isn't good enough for the prem for example), they need a left wing back to replace Colback, plus maybe 2 centre backs to replace Cook and possibly Worrell.

Also there is a chance big teams poach some of there better players, like a few have been linked to Brennan Johnson, he wouldn't be the first to move after promotion.

So yeah they could do well if they get it right, but it's in noway a guarantee and it's probably the least likely outcome at the minute.

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Sly said:

All three will struggle I think. 

These two aren’t great.

Still not sure how we lost to Forest, watching this. 

I know exactly how we lost to Forest…

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, Sly said:

Huddlesfield lack agility as a team….. however Sarr is like a road cone. Doesn’t move. 

The likes of Kienan Davis and Jack Colback aren’t Premiership players either.

Watching the football today it’s slow and obvious in terms of build up. It’s just decent Championship quality football 

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf, that was 7 years ago we did that, can't judge the league on that season now. Although yeah the bottom half isn't great.

I just don't agree with assertions they'll definitely do well. They lose a few players, the new ones might not work out. They came 4th, we've seen team destroy the championship and not survive in the premier league the following season, so why are Forest suddenly going to amazing? Based on one game vs us on a bad day?

Also I think they need 7 or 8. They need to keep or replace the loanees, (Davis isn't good enough for the prem for example), they need a left wing back to replace Colback, plus maybe 2 centre backs to replace Cook and possibly Worrell.

Also there is a chance big teams poach some of there better players, like a few have been linked to Brennan Johnson, he wouldn't be the first to move after promotion.

So yeah they could do well if they get it right, but it's in noway a guarantee and it's probably the least likely outcome at the minute.

I don't think Forest are amazing, or will be amazing, but I don't agree when when people just laugh off promotion chasing teams as if the PL is some super league that will be so difficult.

All teams that come up will invest. That's why it's so hard to predict how they'll be in the PL.

Edited by Fox92

Guest Col city fan

One of the best players on the pitch (not today in but generally) is Colwill.. ironically the fella that scored the own goal today 

Not sure why people think Forest well do well, half the team are loan signings.

They are going to have to buy them which soaks up there transfer fund or by 4 or 5 others, just to be at their current strength.

Being up for a couple of cup games against a few PL teams is a lot different to playing 38 games.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure why people think Forest well do well, half the team are loan signings.

They are going to have to buy them which soaks up there transfer fund or by 4 or 5 others, just to be at their current strength.

Being up for a couple of cup games against a few PL teams is a lot different to playing 38 games.

Put it this way. Norwich have been utter pants in the Premiership this season but I think Norwich beat both of these sides without too much trouble 

Just now, Vacamion said:

For a team that desperately needs to score, Udders seem quite content to pass it backwards when they are 3/4 of the way up the pitch.

I can't see where they would add anything to the PL.  Guaranteed six points for the better clubs I guess.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

For a team that desperately needs to score, Udders seem quite content to pass it backwards when they are 3/4 of the way up the pitch.

never seen anything like it...........