Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

James Tarkowski

I think the reason there isn't more talk of Tarkowski moving in this window, is because either he and his agent have decided to stay and get a better deal next summer as a free agent, or Burnley just don't see value in letting their best CB go, even if it means him leaving for free next year. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Where does Burnley's premier league cash go? They've had many seasons of it and they can't be spending it.

They are saving it up and then one season they will buy the man city starting lineup and become the new big boys. Will fire dyche before though lol

• Haha 2

Its all odd about Tarkowski. If he wants to go but the club (of course it has a right to) won't let him and run his contract down then it will only Inhibit them as a club moving forward as it isn't the first time. These new owners I'd have thought would want to cash in on him but one can only assume Dyche is giving some resistance.

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They probably go down without him, and even delaying that for a year is worth a lot of money.

They will go down with or without him in my opinion. They are in a big decline, most clubs around them seem to be progressing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

They will go down with or without him in my opinion. They are in a big decline, most clubs around them seem to be progressing.

They could well end up like a Barnsley with the owners who've took over.

• Like 1

The important thing to remember with Tarks is, he is not a bench option and is a very consistent performer. He would not sign for us without an understanding he starts. He and Cags could form a formidable partnership and we would be wrong to break it. How the others would respond to that I wouldn't like to say. This is always the tricky side to management.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The important thing to remember with Tarks is, he is not a bench option and is a very consistent performer. He would not sign for us without an understanding he starts. He and Cags could form a formidable partnership and we would be wrong to break it. How the others would respond to that I wouldn't like to say. This is always the tricky side to management.

With Europa League and other Cups, I don’t think it’s tricky at all to keep three CBs happy these days. Evans won’t last forever, Fofana is only young so Tarkowski could have a good three-year spell as a main part of our defence. Soyuncu will pick up suspensions and was injured himself last season. Get them in and worry about keeping people happy later. 

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would think he'd get plenty of game time here this season. Then there's the likelihood that Cags could be snapped up, Evans being a year older next season. Fofana then might get snapped up the season after.

Unless we become European superpowers by then of course. 

On 08/08/2021 at 19:03, An Sionnach said:

The thought of Perez in a Burnley shirt is quite amusing , Hamza would fit right in though and you can guarantee he would give us an especially hard time when we play them.

....a bit of old school coaching might be just what he needs!!!

Different manager, a regimented format and regular game time, might just work for him.