Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

James Tarkowski

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Genuinely can’t see Dyche agreeing to him leaving. If he goes, I reckon Dyche walks from Burnley. 

Can see Dyche leaving Burnley. I reckon he will end up at Palace with Nuno going to Everton. 

25 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Whilst Tarkowski and Bertrand aren't exciting, a clear problem we have is leaders on the pitch. Think both have been captains. 

Not massive fan of spending too much but 4 centre back options of Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Tarkowski is pretty good. Not sure there is a better set in the league? 

The Chelsea options are pretty good tbf. Rudiger, Silva, Zouma and Christiansen, and about to sell the 5th choice CB to Milan for £25m. The strength in depth they have all over the park is unreal, can see them challenging next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Dusty said:

The Chelsea options are pretty good tbf. Rudiger, Silva, Zouma and Christiansen, and about to sell the 5th choice CB to Milan for £25m. The strength in depth they have all over the park is unreal, can see them challenging next season.

Yeah fair point. Forgot about Chelsea. 

22 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Can see Dyche leaving Burnley. I reckon he will end up at Palace with Nuno going to Everton. 

Why would anyone in their right mind go Palace? They've got about 10 players out of contract. Zaha wants out and their best player is out until mid next season. 

5/2 seems big for them to drop

Just now, Ashley said:

Why would anyone in their right mind go Palace? They've got about 10 players out of contract. Zaha wants out and their best player is out until mid next season. 

5/2 seems big for them to drop

That's exactly why Palace should be doing everything they can to get Dyche. He could fill that team with frees and cheap championship purchases and keep them up. Then build from that point onwards.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I must be one of the few who don't rate this guy. 

So am I.

As I've said before, I wouldn't really go near Burnley defenders as Dyche builds his team around them. I think he just suits them like some players do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Will be a really important signing if it does come to fruition. Having another experienced head who clearly reads the game well will make all the difference and will give us a proper succession plan for Evans as he gets older. Soyuncu and Fofana are excellent, but still have plenty to learn, alongside the fact that if a couple get injured, having to change our shape by dropping Wilf back there is pretty detrimental to how we want to play. Getting Tarkowski and Bertrand in for around £20m is excellent business. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That's exactly why Palace should be doing everything they can to get Dyche. He could fill that team with frees and cheap championship purchases and keep them up. Then build from that point onwards.

Would you really.... want to move from Burnley though to Palace? 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Would you really.... want to move from Burnley though to Palace? 

You can see that Dyche is getting increasingly frustrated at Burnley and he'd probably receive financially more backing at Palace. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would rather a left footed central defender, its still an issue and even more so when we have to endure 3-4-1-2

JJ or Bertrand as the left sided cb if cags is injured I reckon. I'd like Carmo but given his injury that's a challenge.

Evans and Cags prefer to play on the left of a 2 as well despite not being left footed so with fofana and Tarkowski that's fairly well balanced.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Whilst Tarkowski and Bertrand aren't exciting, a clear problem we have is leaders on the pitch. Think both have been captains. 

Not massive fan of spending too much but 4 centre back options of Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Tarkowski is pretty good. Not sure there is a better set in the league? 

Some of us are not exactly keen on the back three option. Please not four centre backs!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Marginally at best I'd guess, unless Zaha goes. 

Wages they can offer players is much higher at Palace than it is at Burnley

Even if the transfer budget is only a bit higher, likely to have more players to choose from with how much Palace are willing to spend on loan player wages etc.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agreeing terms with him is the easy bit ......

In fact, I can confidently state that they did this over a year ago 👍

Hes probably still a target and I know Rodgers is a big fan but I really would take with a pinch of salt a bloke trying to promote his ITK status so people listen to his podcast.

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Might as well share this in here if it’s got it’s own thread

tbf i share that in the twitter transfer one last night too, someone said it didnt have much merit, but isnt he the chap who leaks the line ups, so i guess it has a bit of weight