Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Leicester's greatest ever players are...

Jamie Vardy and Kasper Scmeichel.

Is there anyone who can compete with the achievements of these two?

They have won the top flight and the FA Cup .

Albrighton, Morgan and Fuchs, legends, received medals for both without the same level of contribution.

51 minutes ago, majaco said:

Jamie Vardy and Kasper Scmeichel.

Is there anyone who can compete with the achievements of these two?

They have won the top flight and the FA Cup .

Albrighton, Morgan and Fuchs, legends, received medals for both without the same level of contribution.

Disagree with Marc Albrighton. He's still been an important player this season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Gordon Banks. World Cup winner.

end thread

If it's based on personal accolades then we need to reopen the thread for a second.  Ngolo Kante. World Cup and Premier League and FA Cup and UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League winner.  Ok you can close it again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

If it's based on personal accolades then we need to reopen the thread for a second.  Ngolo Kante. World Cup and Premier League and FA Cup and UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League winner.  Ok you can close it again.

Not as a Leicester player..the PL he Held with us, the rest came after..Banks was a Leicester WCup  winner..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Don’t forget we still have English Football’s all time leading goal scorer.

Arthur Rowley’s 434 goals is the most by any player in the history of football in this country- 251 of those as a Fox. 
He never seems to get the recognition he deserves at Leicester. I’ve said before on here respecting past legends is one thing we do poorly as a club. Rowley’s goals and two second division league titles should make him part of the conversation. Interestingly Rowley is not a member of the English Football hall of fame - something again as a club or support base we should be asking for.

This isn’t to undermine the achievements of Vardy, Kasper and the modern heroes, just, for me needs to be part of the conversation.

I agree. I do wonder why this is the case.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I agree. I do wonder why this is the case.

People often say that he scored most of his goals in the second division. But for the two seasons we were in the top division when he was here he bagged over 20 both times. 

However you look at it his record is phenomenal and difficult to see it ever being beaten. More than 400 league goals. More than 250 for us. 

Never played for England either, so seems to have been undervalued, even in his own day. 

7 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

People often say that he scored most of his goals in the second division. But for the two seasons we were in the top division when he was here he bagged over 20 both times. 

However you look at it his record is phenomenal and difficult to see it ever being beaten. More than 400 league goals. More than 250 for us. 

Never played for England either, so seems to have been undervalued, even in his own day. 

Sorry I meant more as to why the club does not really make a show of any legends pre 2016.

Guest Bert Fill

There are three, and they are so obvious that I can’t believe anyone feels this discussion is even necessary.

Malcolm Partridge.

Nicky Platnauer.

Patrick Kisnorbo.