Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 18/09/2021 at 18:48, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville lost 4-2 at Brackley despite twice leading. First half we were very good, but the second half was flat. They changed their shape and dominated the ball, but we never recovered from going behind after Billy Kee was caught napping with the ball on the edge of our box.

Time to concentrate on the league, and a very winnable game at Nuneaton who lost 4-0 at Stratford today in the cup.

Do you watch them most games? Think they have a good chance of promotion this season? (Would make my football manager saves a lot easier lol)

Will be going down to the game against Banbury on 2nd October, haven't watched them since pre-covid so quite looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Do you watch them most games? Think they have a good chance of promotion this season? (Would make my football manager saves a lot easier lol)

Will be going down to the game against Banbury on 2nd October, haven't watched them since pre-covid so quite looking forward to it!

The Banbury game has been cancelled as there still in the FA cup. Talk of another fixture being arranged though.

On 20/09/2021 at 14:18, moore_94 said:

I haven't missed a game this season - I really enjoy watching football at that level.

I think they have every chance of making the play-offs, which is remarkable given the size of budget they have and some of the well-known non-league teams in that league.

As mentioned above they're trying to arrange another league fixture for the 2nd. There's an odd number of teams in the league and Coalville have the 9th off, so that would mean two weeks without a game.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 21:54, NuneatonFox1 said:

Coalville travel to the Circus that is Nuneaton on Saturday. 

Unfortunately for the boro, I can see it being double figures.

I saw Nuneaton brought in two new players this week, one on loan from Huddersfield. Is there a week goes by where they don't sign a new player?

Now you've stated it could be double figures it's bound to be 1-0 to the home side.

On 20/09/2021 at 14:18, moore_94 said:

As long as the league approve the fixture, we should now be playing Biggleswade Town at home on the 2nd.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I saw Nuneaton brought in two new players this week, one on loan from Huddersfield. Is there a week goes by where they don't sign a new player?

Now you've stated it could be double figures it's bound to be 1-0 to the home side.

Yeah indeed got 1 lad who play at the Borough's ground 24 hours before for Huddersfield under 23's and scored. Next morning he signed for the club. Signed another youngster as well from Mansfield Town on loan too today. Seems like the club is going down a youth route now. No surprise really the anicent team we keep putting out ain't doing us any good.

On 22/09/2021 at 19:25, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah indeed got 1 lad who play at the Borough's ground 24 hours before for Huddersfield under 23's and scored. Next morning he signed for the club. Signed another youngster as well from Mansfield Town on loan too today. Seems like the club is going down a youth route now. No surprise really the anicent team we keep putting out ain't doing us any good.

I've read the club have released between 5 & 6 players this week. Seems like a bit of an overhaul.

I have a terrible feeling Coalville might come undone tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville won 3-2 at Nuneaton today. Threw away a 2 goal lead after leading at HT, but Luke Shaw delivered a moment of quality to win the game.

We stay 3rd, and have another tough away game at Redditch on Monday.

How did they play ?

I see Saul didn’t play, what was the new goalkeeper like ?

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

How did they play ?

I see Saul didn’t play, what was the new goalkeeper like ?

It wasn't vintage by any stretch. Nuneaton were in the ascendancy for the first 20 minutes but Coalville always carried the greater threat with Timmy and Shawry.

Once we got the opener we largely controlled the rest of the first half. Second half we were flat until they scored two in quick succession from corners and then we livened up.

The winner was a belter. Considering the makeshift defence, and players playing with injuries, today was a big 3 points.

Bukowski was given MOTM. I've only seen him once before at Tamworth and he got MOTM. He seems a very capable backup to Saul. I thought Kian Taylor had a good game today despite losing his place in recent weeks.

Redditch on Monday will be equally as tough as today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

This Youtuber recorded a Vlog of today's game. I'm still trying to work out how Tony Breeden let Billy Kee's free kick in.

Just watched that, really weird starting position from the keeper really far left and then starts moving to the right quickly, basically made it so much harder for himself

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just watched that, really weird starting position from the keeper really far left and then starts moving to the right quickly, basically made it so much harder for himself

I know. It's bizarre. He gave him all the goal and got beaten on his side. It wasn't even struck with any real venom.

Same keeper also once did this...

• Haha 1

4-1 win for Coalville at Redditch on Monday night. We edged the first half but Redditch had their moments and struck the bar twice.

2nd half our class showed and we ran out worthy winners. Jake Eggleton with a brace from centre half, Billy Kee with his 7th of the season and Alex Dean opening the scoring.

Up to 2nd.

• Like 4