Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

18 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Another win on the road for the mighty Ravens tonight. 6 straight wins, and we're starting to build momentum. The two goals tonight were absolutely quality, especially the first from Luke Shaw, although the highlights below don't do it justice.

There is no game this weekend before a top of the table clash versus Peterborough Sports at home on the 19th. Well worth a tenner of anyone's money if you can make it.

I should finally be able to make that game! 

I'd been meaning to get down more, but with work and prioritising City games it's tough.

It's great seeing them start so well :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 00:09, Gary Eatfood said:

Another win on the road for the mighty Ravens tonight. 6 straight wins, and we're starting to build momentum. The two goals tonight were absolutely quality, especially the first from Luke Shaw, although the highlights below don't do it justice.

There is no game this weekend before a top of the table clash versus Peterborough Sports at home on the 19th. Well worth a tenner of anyone's money if you can make it.

Lovely goal from Shawy that. Gave that one a miss on Monday but will be down on Tuesday night, on paper it should be a quality game.

Sad to hear that Kalern is gonna need an operation which I imagine means he'll most likely be out till next season. Deano has stepped up well to be fair and having Putman on the other side means we have some realy quality in the full back positions still.

Peterborough showing no signs of letting up atm, all we can do is try and keep winning and see where it leaves us at the end of the season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I should finally be able to make that game! 

I'd been meaning to get down more, but with work and prioritising City games it's tough.

It's great seeing them start so well :thumbup:

I'm hoping for a winner in their FA Cup tie at King's Lynn. If that's a draw our game will be rescheduled.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Lovely goal from Shawy that. Gave that one a miss on Monday but will be down on Tuesday night, on paper it should be a quality game.

Sad to hear that Kalern is gonna need an operation which I imagine means he'll most likely be out till next season. Deano has stepped up well to be fair and having Putman on the other side means we have some realy quality in the full back positions still.

Peterborough showing no signs of letting up atm, all we can do is try and keep winning and see where it leaves us at the end of the season.

Kalern might be back around Feb/March so could still play a part in the run-in.

I think we should make the play-offs although there's 3/4 of the season to go and we have a small squad that's already been stretched. It looks like they'll be 7 teams competing for the top 5, but I think the 5 that currently occupy those positions will be there come April.

7 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm hoping for a winner in their FA Cup tie at King's Lynn. If that's a draw our game will be rescheduled.

Kalern might be back around Feb/March so could still play a part in the run-in.

I think we should make the play-offs although there's 3/4 of the season to go and we have a small squad that's already been stretched. It looks like they'll be 7 teams competing for the top 5, but I think the 5 that currently occupy those positions will be there come April.

Most seasons we go through a lean spell, so putting points on the board now is pretty massive. Defence has generally been our achilles heel most seasons. It's massive that Robbo and Eggy are available for the majority of the time. Pierpoint is a solid pro and able deputy, but we definitely feel a bit more solid with those 2 in there. Bukowski is looking good and deserves to hold onto the number 1 shirt for me as well.

The big thing now is that we have goals all across the forward positions and we know that Eggy and Putman will chip in with goals and assists as well.

That's good news about Kalern, based on the fact it was requiring surgery I was assuming he'd need a good 4-6 months recovery. Great player and a really sound bloke so it would be good to see him back on the pitch before the end of the season.

What a performance from the might Ravens tonight. After 15 minutes there was only one team looked like scoring 6 and it wasn't Coalville.

Tom McGlinchey was unplayable tonight and Tim Berridge keeps getting better. 

I was happy with a point before KO, but we've put down a marker now. It's going to be an exciting season.

Great turnout and support too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

That was a serious, serious performance. Thought it could get messy after the first 15 but what a response by Coalville against a very very good side.

One of the best games I have seen in a long time & a great atmosphere

After 15 minutes I was just hoping they could make it competitive in front of the biggest crowd of the season. We were an irresistible force second half.

It reminded me of the 5-3 against Man Utd.

13 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

The top Non League club in Leicestershire and a very good alternative from the glitz & glamour of the Premier League

I still think there should be more people attending. It's a tenner!

It would be great to see a 1000 down at Owen Street this season if this form continues.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I still think there should be more people attending. It's a tenner!

It would be great to see a 1000 down at Owen Street this season if this form continues.

Absolutely, it's superb value, I don't think people actually realise how good the standard of football is. You can't go wrong for £10

3 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

Absolutely, it's superb value, I don't think people actually realise how good the standard of football is. You can't go wrong for £10

Whenever I take someone with me who hasn't been before the first thing they mention is how high standard is. We've already scored a number of exceptional goals this season.

If we keep those levels we'll go a long way. Another tough game on Saturday at Royston.

Been thinking of getting down to a Stratford Town game for a while as I live about a mile away. Finally went down last night for the fourth qualifying round (glory supporter, I know) which they won.

Stood in the pouring rain and had one of the best football experiences that I can remember. Really tempted by a season ticket now.