Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Are you joking? 

Have you never heard anyone say 'Christ' or 'Jesus Christ' when something surprising has happened? 

Can't believe i'm typing this. 

Yes but not as a single word in response to something on a forum, you know people would then give something after like "christ, what a comeback!"

You do know it is hard to pick up the context of it being positive or negative just over a single written word?

Edited by moore_94

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes but not as a single word in response to something on a forum, you know people would then give something after like "christ, what a comeback!"

You do know it is hard to pick up the context of it being positive or negative just over a single written word?

How on earth could I be replying in a negative context to the message that you posted?

I think you are looking at it a bit too deeply mate 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Jesus wept 

3 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Been thinking of getting down to a Stratford Town game for a while as I live about a mile away. Finally went down last night for the fourth qualifying round (glory supporter, I know) which they won.

Stood in the pouring rain and had one of the best football experiences that I can remember. Really tempted by a season ticket now.

Home tie vs Shrewsbury next, will surely be on TV. 

Well done to Stratford and Banbury who'll be representing our league in the first round. I'm a bit bitter that we were handed the toughest possible draw early on :D

What a performance last night, the major difference last night was that we took the majority of the chances we created. We will usually make about 10 of those chances and only stick 2 away, it was the perfect time for us to finally start bagging some of these chances.

I can't quite work out what happened last night, but what a response after being shellshocked in the first 15 minutes. This is a hell of a team and if we can remain injury free, we'll push right to the end. The hardworking pair of Towers and Doyley in the middle allows us to effectively play a front 4, with extra support coming from the full backs. I absolutely love it.

Royston will be an interesting test. We've found it very tough to break these down in the past and they're excellent on the counter attack and from set pieces. If we can go and get a win at their ground it'd be just as impressive as winning last night.

Love seeing big numbers down Coalville as well. Having been used to having about 10-15 of us behind the goal, it's great seeing so many new faces down there. My only gripe is that some of the chanting from the newer lads is proper cringeworthy stuff that doesn't really translate from the pro game to watching semi pro football haha, but at least it's noise.

• Like 2

After Coalville last night that’s twice In two day’s I’ve seen my team come back from 2-0 down.

With Season Tickets at the City and Tigers I don’t get down as often as I would like.

I grew up in the town and still live there. You can turn up 15 minutes before kick off, usually able to park at the ground,  get a pint straight away and take it with you (bit of a queue if you want the legendary faggots and chips). You can sit or stand pretty much wherever you like. The football is of a pretty good standard, you can change ends at half time. You can hear any heckling directed at the ref and players from the fans, “Get up you

nugget” was one of last night’s classic hurled at an ‘injured’ Peterborough player. 

£10, I can walk it home in about 10 minutes. 

It’s not the Premier League but it’s usually a fun couple of hours. 

18 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Good point for Coalville. 2-2 away at Royston who are one of the toughest opponents  in the league.

Billy kee taken off at half time though. Not sure if it’s a injury or tactical.@Gary Eatfood Did you go ? 

I did. We didn't start fast, but took the lead through a fine run and finish from Tom McGlinchey. Two sloppy goals gave Royston the lead, but we dominated the second half.

McGlinchey scored another cracking goal to equalise and had a great chance at 2-2 clean through and their keeper made an outstanding save from a corner late on. The winning run has ended, but we're still unbeaten and have a break from the league with a tough away trip to Gainsborough Saturday in the Trophy.

Billy Kee has been ill and apparently had no energy but he'll be back next week. Connor Smith came on second half and had a very effective half. As for Royston, they were well organsied, physical and efficient. I think they will be around the play offs come the end of April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Once again, feel like we should've had a better result. Bromley didn't play that well, but we gave them the opportunity for the draw and they took it.

Still we look as though it's playoff contention only and just barely at that.

How’s Kairo Mitchell been getting on for you ? What do the fans think of him ?

6 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

How’s Kairo Mitchell been getting on for you ? What do the fans think of him ?

Much like yesterday's match, he's mostly come on as a late sub. Looked good from what I heard and could have had a goal. 

Wouldn't mind him starting if Wootton gets into one of his funks, which is usually the last part of the season, when we need him the most lol

Still is talked about as potentially being a player for us, so I'd say he's liked so far by the supporters.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Coalville's journey in the FA Trophy ended at the first hurdle. We were well beaten by Gainsborough Trinity who compete at the same level in the Northern Premier.

We were never in the game. Conceded early and rarely mustered a threat on goal. The goals were soft, giving the ball away cheaply and not tracking runners. It was poor from us in every department, but days like this have been very rare.

It certainly confirmed my suspicion that the NPL is a stronger league overall. Back in league action next Saturday at home against St Ives.

Buxton just sacked their manager. Five days before they play in the Cup First Round. They have assembled a right team and are heavily backed the construction company what sponsors them. Unbeaten in 20 and they competing against another moneybags, South Shields in the Northern Premier. 

Why has the manager been sacked? He’s about to go on a holiday which has been rearranged four times because of COVID and it’s a chance for him and his family to get away. 

On 01/11/2021 at 19:29, Gary Eatfood said:

Unfortunately, Coalville's journey in the FA Trophy ended at the first hurdle. We were well beaten by Gainsborough Trinity who compete at the same level in the Northern Premier.

We were never in the game. Conceded early and rarely mustered a threat on goal. The goals were soft, giving the ball away cheaply and not tracking runners. It was poor from us in every department, but days like this have been very rare.

It certainly confirmed my suspicion that the NPL is a stronger league overall. Back in league action next Saturday at home against St Ives.

Probably for the best that there out of this in the long run. Not got a big enough squad to compete in the cups as well.

Looking forward to the St Ives game on Saturday. Not been to a game for about a month.