Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ill be surprised if Saul comes back to be honest. He started the season off fairly poorly, which may have been down to injury 

Sounds like he's been suffering from back issues for a few years now.

You might be right. Yeah I think Basford let him go because of his back issues.

On 17/11/2021 at 19:01, Bert said:

Anyone at Aylestone park tonight? 

I was going to attend but I ended up being double-booked that night. To get 1250 for an FA Youth Cup tie is incredible.

They've just opened their new main stand and are definitely a club moving in the right direction.

A 4-1 win today for Coalville against 5th placed Leiston. It was another excellent attacking display from the Raven's with goals from Connor Smith, Luke Shaw ( who's on fire), Tim Berridge (top goalscorer in the league) and an OG. Could've been more, but it sets us up nicely for what should be a cracking game on Tuesday against unbeaten Banbury.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

A 4-1 win today for Coalville against 5th placed Leiston. It was another excellent attacking display from the Raven's with goals from Connor Smith, Luke Shaw ( who's on fire), Tim Berridge (top goalscorer in the league) and an OG. Could've been more, but it sets us up nicely for what should be a cracking game on Tuesday against unbeaten Banbury.

Comfortable win in the end thought it was going to be a lot tougher. 
Should be a cracking game on Tuesday.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Comfortable win in the end thought it was going to be a lot tougher. 
Should be a cracking game on Tuesday.

I thought the same but their away form is quite poor except for two standout results at Peterborough and Tamworth. We actually started a game on the front foot for the first time in a while and should've been ahead earlier. Berridge was a constant menace down the right hand channel and the game should've been dead by HT.

It was good to see Dave and Kyle get some more minutes and I can't wait for Tuesday. Just a shame Joe Doyle-Charles is suspended. He's been excellent recently.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I thought the same but their away form is quite poor except for two standout results at Peterborough and Tamworth. We actually started a game on the front foot for the first time in a while and should've been ahead earlier. Berridge was a constant menace down the right hand channel and the game should've been dead by HT.

It was good to see Dave and Kyle get some more minutes and I can't wait for Tuesday. Just a shame Joe Doyle-Charles is suspended. He's been excellent recently.

Ahh didnt know JDC was missing this one. 

Connor and Stevie T it is then. 

Love JDC but the man picks up for too many pointless bookings lol

51 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We play at Lye Meadow on Saturday. Alvechurch are strong at home so it will be a tough fixture.

Coalville should have too much I would think.

Church are a sum of all parts really with the manager barking at them. Defence is decent for the level but unlikely to excel against quality strikers. Striker, Waldron, is a workhorse but rarely scores. Two lads who’ve impressed me from them are Zak Brown and Sam McLintock in midfield. Dias is coming good for them though after leaving Rushden

Since their playoff bid a few seasons back, the chairmen has pretty much accepted that the clubs role is giving a platform for young lads to develop and get them back up the pyramid. Can’t get the crowds to sustain paying players well. That probably won’t change until they move grounds. 

Any Coalville going have a drink in the village. Really lovely place without being pretentious 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Coalville should have too much I would think.

Church are a sum of all parts really with the manager barking at them. Defence is decent for the level but unlikely to excel against quality strikers. Striker, Waldron, is a workhorse but rarely scores. Two lads who’ve impressed me from them are Zak Brown and Sam McLintock in midfield. Dias is coming good for them though after leaving Rushden

Since their playoff bid a few seasons back, the chairmen has pretty much accepted that the clubs role is giving a platform for young lads to develop and get them back up the pyramid. Can’t get the crowds to sustain paying players well. That probably won’t change until they move grounds. 

Any Coalville going have a drink in the village. Really lovely place without being pretentious 

They haven't conceded many at all this season, but usually only win by the odd goal.

It's good to see they have realistic expectations. Too many clubs pay over the odds on wages at this level and end up with bloated squads that don't achieve harmony or success.  Jacob Wakeling is a good example of a player dropping down to Alvechurch and moving back up.

Any news on when the new ground will be ready?

I'll be going on Saturday. Is there any specific pub I should go for a drink?

34 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

They haven't conceded many at all this season, but usually only win by the odd goal.

It's good to see they have realistic expectations. Too many clubs pay over the odds on wages at this level and end up with bloated squads that don't achieve harmony or success.  Jacob Wakeling is a good example of a player dropping down to Alvechurch and moving back up.

Any news on when the new ground will be ready?

I'll be going on Saturday. Is there any specific pub I should go for a drink?

The ground is a bit of an odd one. They have a 3G pitch up there now and have started renting that out etc. The planning for the housing development on the existing ground has taken forever; until thats finally sorted they can’t get the money to start building on the land they have. 

The Swan is a proper pub and it’s the nearest to the ground. There’s a cracking fish and chip shop right in the village centre 

went to watch Melton Town v Newark last night. First match on the new artificial pitch. Melton dominated the game but failed to take chances and were hit with a sucker punch last minute winner for Newark

Good attendance of 450 and the beer and food choices considerbly better than they are at the City!

New clubhouse due to be built at the end of the season too!

dd9782_a01fb741324746b5b1429aa842a767b8~mv2.webp

• Like 1