Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 01/12/2021 at 14:08, Cardiff_Fox said:

AFC won last night which makes it very tight at the top of their division.ย 
ย 

Church walloped Stourbridge 5-1 last night. Didnโ€™t think they had five goals in them but amongst the playoffs nowย 

Itโ€™s crazy how tight it is in AFCโ€™s league, I donโ€™t think any team have lost fewer than four already lolย it looks like Courtney is trying out a new formation which is why weโ€™ve been a bit sluggish in recent matches, Iโ€™m hoping we have another purple streak in us because I think the league is there to run away with. Obviously never as easy as it sounds though!ย 

Excellent performance from the Raven's today against Nuneaton. It finished 4-1, but it could've been 8. Another massive game at Banbury next week who suffered their first defeat of the season at St Ives and with Peterborough Sports also losing at home to Redditch, it's been an excellent Saturday for Coalville.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Excellent performance from the Raven's today against Nuneaton. It finished 4-1, but it could've been 8. Another massive game at Banbury next week who suffered their first defeat of the season at St Ives and with Peterborough Sports also losing at home to Redditch, it's been an excellent Saturday for Coalville.

Yeah could of easily been a lot more and I thought Coalville were playing well within themselves today as well.

ย 

Massive game next week, would take a draw to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah could of easily been a lot more and I thought Coalville were playing well within themselves today as well.

ย 

Massive game next week, would take a draw to be honest.

A point would be a decent result. A win would have me believing.

ย 

I thought for most of the game Nuneaton looked disinterested, and to be honest, a few of them looked nowhere near the required fitness levels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

A point would be a decent result. A win would have me believing.

ย 

I thought for most of the game Nuneaton looked disinterested, and to be honest, a few of them looked nowhere near the required fitness levels.

Iโ€™d agree about Nuneaton could easily see them being relegated.

31 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Highlights from Coalville's win against Nuneaton yesterday are below.

ย 

ย 

Missed this as was in London, just watching on the train now. Could genuinely have hit double figures without breaking out of 1st gear by the looks of it

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Missed this as was in London, just watching on the train now. Could genuinely have hit double figures without breaking out of 1st gear by the looks of it

We cut them open with ease yesterday. It should've been over after 15 minutes. There's a huge disparity in quality between the top 6 sides and the rest, and yes, we should've had at least 6.

ย 

Our combined record since the curtailed season in 20/21 and this one is:

ย 

P26 W19 D6 L1 F69 A22 PTS 63

ย 

Are you going next Saturday?

36 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We cut them open with ease yesterday. It should've been over after 15 minutes. There's a huge disparity in quality between the top 6 sides and the rest, and yes, we should've had at least 6.

ย 

Our combined record since the curtailed season in 20/21 and this one is:

ย 

P26 W19 D6 L1 F69 A22 PTS 63

ย 

Are you going next Saturday?

Thats some going haha!

ย 

41 pts from the last possible 45!

ย 

Yeah I will be going next week, hopefully won't miss too many more games this season now. Will you be making the journey?

ย 

I could see us taking a good 30-50 or so there next week

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Thats some going haha!

ย 

41 pts from the last possible 45!

ย 

Yeah I will be going next week, hopefully won't miss too many more games this season now. Will you be making the journey?

ย 

I could see us taking a good 30-50 or so there next week

It is. It's 7's and 8's from most players each week and they're one of the fittest teams and hardest working teams in the league.

ย 

I'll be there. I haven't missed one home or away and I'm hoping to go to them all.

ย 

Maybe we'll take a few more than 50. Crowds are up at home 150 on average from the 2019/20. There's even a new sponsor and signage on the Shed End. The club is slowly gathering momentum off the pitch, but next week will be another big test of how far we've progressed on the pitch.

• Like 1

Was at Kettering v Boston on Saturday. Good game finished 2-3 to Boston despite Kettering leading 2-0 to Kettering in the first ten minutes. Atmosphere was pretty decent with Boston bringing just over 100 fans to Northamptonshire. The ground itself I'm afraid is pretty awful. Such a shame considering Kettering history and fan base. I do hope onw day the club return to Kettering and build a good stadium to meet there standard. 716 attendance I'd say is pretty good when you have travel to a nearby village 3 miles away to watch your non league team to play.

22 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It is. It's 7's and 8's from most players each week and they're one of the fittest teams and hardest working teams in the league.

ย 

I'll be there. I haven't missed one home or away and I'm hoping to go to them all.

ย 

Maybe we'll take a few more than 50. Crowds are up at home 150 on average from the 2019/20. There's even a new sponsor and signage on the Shed End. The club is slowly gathering momentum off the pitch, but next week will be another big test of how far we've progressed on the pitch.

Just seen the Shed End on twitter, looks really good! Avaerage attendance is creeping up nicely as well.

ย 

There's some quality potential away weekends next year if we can go up. York would definitely be a Fri-Sun jobbie :D

ย 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just seen the Shed End on twitter, looks really good! Avaerage attendance is creeping up nicely as well.

ย 

There's some quality potential away weekends next year if we can go up. York would definitely be a Fri-Sun jobbie :D

ย 

Add to that a couple of weekends in Newcastle for Gateshead and potentially South Shields, and a trip away to Durham for Spennymoor. There's also a few in Greater Manchester.

ย 

Mind you, we've got to get promoted first!

On 27/11/2021 at 18:46, Fox92 said:

Anybody hear about Curzon Ashton v Chester. Game got delayed 15 mins in because the ref had to go and move his car lolย 

I went to the Chester v Guiseley game a few days earlier. Chester lost 0-1 and sacked their management team the next day.ย 

Coalville fell to there 2nd league defeat of the season 3-1 away at Banbury.ย 

Coalville were the better side in the 1st half and should of led going into the break but ended up going in 1-1 at half time. Coalville were slow out of the traps 2nd half and were soon 2-1 down. This seemed to set the tone for half, Banbury were much improved and Coalville never got going.

ย 

This game for me highlighted the lack of depth in the Coalville squad. To not make a substitution in that 2nd half when the game was calling out for some fresh legs. ย We could do with another striker and winger in the squad who the manager is happy to bring on when we need to freshen it up.

ย 

still a fantastic start to the season though and hopefully will bounce back against Redditch next week.

• Like 1