Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

43 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville fell to there 2nd league defeat of the season 3-1 away at Banbury. 

Coalville were the better side in the 1st half and should of led going into the break but ended up going in 1-1 at half time. Coalville were slow out of the traps 2nd half and were soon 2-1 down. This seemed to set the tone for half, Banbury were much improved and Coalville never got going.

This game for me highlighted the lack of depth in the Coalville squad. To not make a substitution in that 2nd half when the game was calling out for some fresh legs.  We could do with another striker and winger in the squad who the manager is happy to bring on when we need to freshen it up.

still a fantastic start to the season though and hopefully will bounce back against Redditch next week.

Pretty much sums it up. They scored with their first attack in each half. I don't think we'll add to the squad and we'll work with what we have, but it does highlight the difference when Banbury can bring on Henry Landers in the second half for Chris Wreh.

Still, if you'd offered me 2 defeats out of 20 at the start of the season I would've snapped your hand off. We need to get back to winning ways next week against Redditch before 5 tough away games on the spin in two weeks.

Went to watch Nuneaton Boro take on Royston Town today... wish I didn't bother a depressing watch. First half we didn't look to bad and I would say we looked more likely to score at half time with being 0-0. Second half different story, very messy performance with some poor defending from Boro. Attacking wise no clue with barely registering a shot at goal. Fans just had enough and most voting by feet with just 301 attending the smallest I have ever attended at a Boro home game. Clubs going down unless change of manager. The stats don't lie for the manager in 106 games he's only managed to win 35 games and lost 56 with a win ratio of just 33%. Just awful, wasn't to impressed with the pre match warm up anyway, while Royston were doing proper training drills... Boro lads were laughing and knocking it to each other like playing in a park with mates. We've turned a squad into glorified Sunday League Team, the team needs a new manager to come in. Get them organised, training properly, bring in players that are interested and taking things seriously and work on the discipline. A lot of good players who've walked away from the club in the last two years have all said the same thing, poor organisation and poor leadership from above.

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Went to watch Nuneaton Boro take on Royston Town today... wish I didn't bother a depressing watch. First half we didn't look to bad and I would say we looked more likely to score at half time with being 0-0. Second half different story, very messy performance with some poor defending from Boro. Attacking wise no clue with barely registering a shot at goal. Fans just had enough and most voting by feet with just 301 attending the smallest I have ever attended at a Boro home game. Clubs going down unless change of manager. The stats don't lie for the manager in 106 games he's only managed to win 35 games and lost 56 with a win ratio of just 33%. Just awful, wasn't to impressed with the pre match warm up anyway, while Royston were doing proper training drills... Boro lads were laughing and knocking it to each other like playing in a park with mates. We've turned a squad into glorified Sunday League Team, the team needs a new manager to come in. Get them organised, training properly, bring in players that are interested and taking things seriously and work on the discipline. A lot of good players who've walked away from the club in the last two years have all said the same thing, poor organisation and poor leadership from above.

Did any of the three new signings brought in this week start? I thought they looked like the most unfit team I've seen at this level when they played us last week.

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

They're the form team in the division. Coalville's trip to Alvechurch has been rearranged for Jan 4th.

Got a cracking player back from Kiddy this week too. Ex West Brom but didn’t start him today. His original replacement Claudio Dias (ex Rushden) is a cracking player at this step 

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It’s turned out to be exactly what some people said it would be under Ginnelly. An example where a relegation might help in the long run. 

Great win by Shepshed today over Halesowen 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got a cracking player back from Kiddy this week too. Ex West Brom but didn’t start him today. His original replacement Claudio Dias (ex Rushden) is a cracking player at this step 

I saw that. Nick Clayton Phillips. Do you think they'll keep hold of their better players and give it a real go? I know there's National League clubs watching players at Coalville and Banbury.

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Did any of the three new signings brought in this week start? I thought they looked like the most unfit team I've seen at this level when they played us last week.

I believe they did, in terms of fitness doesn't surprise me it's been a problem the last couple of seasons. I understand we're a part time club and can only train twice a week at limited times but it's the same for every team in the division. What on earth the manager gets them doing in the week I'm not sure... certainly not practicing or preparing for the next game. More likely trips to maccies and back.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

I believe they did, in terms of fitness doesn't surprise me it's been a problem the last couple of seasons. I understand we're a part time club and can only train twice a week at limited times but it's the same for every team in the division. What on earth the manager gets them doing in the week I'm not sure... certainly not practicing or preparing for the next game. More likely trips to maccies and back.

I wonder how many players they've used already this season?

It also comes down to the dedication of the player, but the manager should definitely be trying to encourage that work ethic. Hopefully they'll put in a performance against P'boro Sports. :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I wonder how many players they've used already this season?

It also comes down to the dedication of the player, but the manager should definitely be trying to encourage that work ethic. Hopefully they'll put in a performance against P'boro Sports. :whistle:

I think it was something high like 30 players have been used this season. A few have just walked away after a few games, they'll turn up another club and then come out with stuff about the Boro all saying the same thing. Well Jim as a owner is doing a fabolous job, I mean I was at the ground today and the actually setup of the club looks good. From outsider point of you, you walk into Liberty Way thinking this is a huge club for its level. But when the teams come out you see completely different picture, you have a disinterested team with a manager who refuses to take blame for tactics. A lot of good managers have been sacked for a lot less. For years Boro used to be able to attract quite alot of decent players sadly cause of Ginnelly methods, no one decent wants to join.

22 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I saw that. Nick Clayton Phillips. Do you think they'll keep hold of their better players and give it a real go? I know there's National League clubs watching players at Coalville and Banbury.

Tough to say. Carter, the centre back, has turned down a couple already but he got caught out a bit when he had a spell at that level before. 

Last couple of years they’ve let players go if it’s a level above but last time they had a good season, they retained players and put up the cash to get James Roberts in on loan. 

I can’t see where they’ve got the budget to do that this year. I think the chairmen has been surprised at the success this season. They’ve taken advantage of the excessive number of lads released from pro clubs in the last two summers and it’s come off. 

Nuneaton are a shambles and will continue to be whilst Ginnelly is involved. 

So far this season he’s used over 40 different players, he’s publicly criticised them for not being good enough (despite all of them being his signings). 

Whilst he owns the club, not a chance he steps down. He is a Sunday league manager who will be taking Nuneaton to that level if he continues.

Pathetic. 

21 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Nuneaton are a shambles and will continue to be whilst Ginnelly is involved. 

So far this season he’s used over 40 different players, he’s publicly criticised them for not being good enough (despite all of them being his signings). 

Whilst he owns the club, not a chance he steps down. He is a Sunday league manager who will be taking Nuneaton to that level if he continues.

Pathetic. 

Jim is driving the fans away now 301 only attended on Saturday. Not sure how any manager can survive in the job after two relegations to his name. Even though he did save the club from going bust... we are showing signs us the fans have lost control of our club. The manager cant be sacked as he owns the club and refuses to take blame for the teams blight. Only way out of this I think is if we get bought out, as four years from the now when were playing in the Midland combination Jim Ginelly will still be managing us.

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Jim is driving the fans away now 301 only attended on Saturday. Not sure how any manager can survive in the job after two relegations to his name. Even though he did save the club from going bust... we are showing signs us the fans have lost control of our club. The manager cant be sacked as he owns the club and refuses to take blame for the teams blight. Only way out of this I think is if we get bought out, as four years from the now when were playing in the Midland combination Jim Ginelly will still be managing us.

I think he’d be happy with the club being Nuneaton Borough Sports & Social club. The man is a fraud. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just noticed that Banbury still have 13 away games and only 8 home games remaining, so hopefully their good form is down to the fact they've played so many home fixtures.

To be fair I was there on Saturday and I'd say it's down to them being head and shoulders better than anyone else in the league.

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

To be fair I was there on Saturday and I'd say it's down to them being head and shoulders better than anyone else in the league.

Oh they're comfortably the best team I've seen us play this season. Every team hits a slump at some point though (99% of the time :D) I'd rather they had to play 60% of their remaining games away from home than at home that's for sure.

Hednesford will be a tough game for them tonight. We probably didn't deserve the 3 points from that game overall but managed to grind out the win.

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Just noticed that Banbury still have 13 away games and only 8 home games remaining, so hopefully their good form is down to the fact they've played so many home fixtures.

Lots of football to play yet. Banbury are an excellent side, but they will drop points, as will P'boro, who've just lost their top scorer to a broken leg. We've got a tough run of away games coming up, and we'll probably drop points too - Redditch won't be straightforward on Saturday.

Teams are improving their playing squad weekly, so unexpected results will happen, and squad size will be vital come the latter part of the season. I don't think anything is a formality, but from a Coalville perspective, the gap between ourselves and 4th is really what we need to maintain.

Hopefully, there'll be a decent crowd on Saturday, given City aren't playing.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1