Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

11 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

I’m heavily involved at Nuneaton. To clear a few things up; 

- Gift Musa is not on £1k a week. 

- Leroy is a top bloke, certainly isn’t playing for free. His girlfriend lives in Nuneaton (about 5 mins from the ground which is why he ended up here). He’s working with the manager to do his coaching badges. 

- Squad is again filled with Journeymen footballers at a non-league level who’d be lucky to be paid half their wages at any other club. Mid-table at best again this year. 

Get Tricky Trev out of retirement 

Coalville will walk the league this year. 

Anyone who’s at a loose end on Sunday, down at Nuneaton Borough, it’s a testimonial game for Ritchie Norman. He’s served the Borough for 25 years and made over 300 appearances for Leicester. 

It’s a 1430 kick off and the match is being played between lots of Borough legends.

Stourbridge's strike force is good and Rushall's strongest XI will be decent. Hitchin last season were superb when I watch them and they've kept Stead upfront was genuinely as good as player as I saw in last season's interrupted season. Always seems to be one of the southern/eastern teams stand out too but King's Langley have moved division 

On 16/07/2021 at 11:31, NuneatonFox1 said:

I’m heavily involved at Nuneaton. To clear a few things up; 

- Gift Musa is not on £1k a week. 

- Leroy is a top bloke, certainly isn’t playing for free. His girlfriend lives in Nuneaton (about 5 mins from the ground which is why he ended up here). He’s working with the manager to do his coaching badges. 

- Squad is again filled with Journeymen footballers at a non-league level who’d be lucky to be paid half their wages at any other club. Mid-table at best again this year. 

Spent a couple of seasons watching Nuneaton . When my nephew played for them . Never watched Non league before this . Really enjoyed it, this was when Kev Wilkin was in charge and there was some decent crowds .

Edited by los dedos

On 21/07/2021 at 15:10, NuneatonFox1 said:

Coalville will walk the league this year. 

Anyone who’s at a loose end on Sunday, down at Nuneaton Borough, it’s a testimonial game for Ritchie Norman. He’s served the Borough for 25 years and made over 300 appearances for Leicester. 

It’s a 1430 kick off and the match is being played between lots of Borough legends.

Yea I would have gone but I'm on holiday, unbelievable Richie has been working with the boro nearly 25 years as physio. Well into his 80s a true legend.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 22/07/2021 at 09:27, NuneatonFox1 said:

It’s a shame because with the size of the club, they should be pulling 6/7/800 as a minimum. 

I do think if they start well and are in and about it, they could comfortably reach 4 figure attendances.

Since we have left Manor Park are attendance's have not been great are average attendance there was probably around 850-1,000, soon as we moved to Liberty Way attendances started at 700 and got lower. They briefly went on the rise between 2010-2014 when we had back to back promotions to the conference but after that our attendances became 600 or lower on a regular basis. I think it's mixture of things while the attendances are low, one ground location and two people of Nuneaton don't seem interested.

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

From an outsider looking in, I’d say the problems with attendance are; 

- A lot of Nuneaton fans despise Jimmy

- The football is turgid

- The results are generally poor

Crowds haven’t been great since moving to Liberty Way. The Manor used to be in the centre of the town and with one hell of a terrace at the end of it. 

Similar to how both Kettering and Hinckley have struggled leaving their towns 

Paul Mullin signed for Wrexham yesterday. He scored 34 goals for Cambridge in 50 games last season. 

Absolutely incredible signing for them, a lot of people online questioning the drive / reasoning behind the move - Me thinks the £5k a week salary may have been a motivating factor. 

2 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Paul Mullin signed for Wrexham yesterday. He scored 34 goals for Cambridge in 50 games last season. 

Absolutely incredible signing for them, a lot of people online questioning the drive / reasoning behind the move - Me thinks the £5k a week salary may have been a motivating factor. 

It's another Salford situation- they were signing players from Aberdeen a few years ago in the Conference.

An extra £2k (or thereabouts) a week is enormous despite dropping levels.

Went over to Church Gresley to watch Hinckley’s friendly vs Gresley Rovers - they have a brilliant little ground for that level. Hopefully Hinckley have enough about them this season to join them in the UCL Premier next season! 

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Went over to Church Gresley to watch Hinckley’s friendly vs Gresley Rovers - they have a brilliant little ground for that level. Hopefully Hinckley have enough about them this season to join them in the UCL Premier next season! 

It is a great ground. Hinckley should find it a bit easier in UCL Div 1. 

On the Wrexham thing, Stockport are doing similar. Signed Quigley from Barrow who had a cracking season for a team at the foot of League 2

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 08:24, NuneatonFox1 said:

From an outsider looking in, I’d say the problems with attendance are; 

- A lot of Nuneaton fans despise Jimmy

- The football is turgid

- The results are generally poor

Yeah Jimmy has quite a reputation in the area and not a good one sadly, as an owner he's done a fab job in keeping the club a float. But in terms as manager I'm yet to be convinced, the discipline of the squad is terrible I remember I think the first full season we had under him we had one one man sent nearly every games. Football is pretty bland and terms of signings haven't been that great. Cause he's the owner he can't really be pushed or even move upstairs which most fans agree with, however doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It is a great ground. Hinckley should find it a bit easier in UCL Div 1. 

On the Wrexham thing, Stockport are doing similar. Signed Quigley from Barrow who had a cracking season for a team at the foot of League 2

Stockport signed Paddy Madden from Fleetwood for a large fee too.

27 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah Jimmy has quite a reputation in the area and not a good one sadly, as an owner he's done a fab job in keeping the club a float. But in terms as manager I'm yet to be convinced, the discipline of the squad is terrible I remember I think the first full season we had under him we had one one man sent nearly every games. Football is pretty bland and terms of signings haven't been that great. Cause he's the owner he can't really be pushed or even move upstairs which most fans agree with, however doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

I watched them at Coalville a couple of years ago, they were hopeless. The goalkeeper hit one of the defenders as well.