Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro v Tamworth on the 27th December, probably the most unanticipated derby we have had with them in years. Boro of course struggling sitting at the bottom. While Tamworth sit mid table and out of form. Attendance wise this fixture youd guarantee to get over a 1,000 however I think many supporters from both clubs are pretty peed off with how both clubs are performing this season. I think we maybe lucky to see 600 there. One saving grace Tamworth have never won at liberty way. 

I'm thinking of going along to this after the Barwell v Coalville game. Tamworth only got 421 for their last home game. Attendances across the board are up, but Bromsgrove, Tamworth and Nuneaton, who arguably have the largest attendances, are down on average.

13 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm thinking of going along to this after the Barwell v Coalville game. Tamworth only got 421 for their last home game. Attendances across the board are up, but Bromsgrove, Tamworth and Nuneaton, who arguably have the largest attendances, are down on average.

Well bromsgrove for the last few years been getting attendances over a 1,000 regular. But like boro and Tamworth this season we've all been doing poorly. If you attend liberty way I'd suggest going in the home end so u can access to the bar and club shop as the game is segregated. Also one place good for a pre match pint is the crows nest. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Poor performance from Coalville today. 

Barwell defended very well though 

We were garbage today. Never moved the ball like we can and made it easy for Barwell.

I think the title is probably gone now. We'll need to play a lot better than that to get anything at Rushall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We were garbage today. Never moved the ball like we can and made it easy for Barwell.

I think the title is probably gone now. We'll need to play a lot better than that to get anything at Rushall.

I do worry about them when things aren't going well or easily. 

A few too many players who's heads drop or lose focus. 

Shaw has been poor for a while and he easily seems to lose his patience. 

At least he made some subs today, although the 1st two should have been earlier imo. 

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I do worry about them when things aren't going well or easily. 

A few too many players who's heads drop or lose focus. 

Shaw has been poor for a while and he easily seems to lose his patience. 

At least he made some subs today, although the 1st two should have been earlier imo. 

I think Luke has played well recently. He was unstoppable against Nuneaton at home.

For me the issue is a lack of a plan B when plan A isn't working. At times I feel we lack a target man to bring off the bench who could hold the ball and get us up the pitch.

The biggest issue today was not moving the ball quick enough and even when we did not having sufficient quality on the final ball.

Still, 3 defeats from 22 is pretty good going.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Banbury have gone now. Big set of results for them today which all fell in their favour. 

Although I think after a poor result today, Alvechurch will give them a real run on Saturday. 

Unless they lose players through sales or injury the title should be theirs. 

Andy Whing has put together a young squad of former academy/league players desperate to climb back up the leagues and it's working.

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Unless they lose players through sales or injury the title should be theirs. 

Andy Whing has put together a young squad of former academy/league players desperate to climb back up the leagues and it's working.

Noticed they rested a couple today. Landers had been knocking around scoring goals for some pretty average teams at the step below. Full credit to them 

EDIT: Just seen the cocaine story about him lol!

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Noticed they rested a couple today. Landers had been knocking around scoring goals for some pretty average teams at the step below. Full credit to them 

EDIT: Just seen the cocaine story about him lol!

Yup, he's been in and out since receiving his suspended sentence. He's a very good player for Step 3.

They rested a few when they played Hednesford the other week. It's a nice luxury to have.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Definitely, yes. Just shows how much it was missed last year.

I certainly missed it last year. It's an important time of year for non-league clubs to attract spectators who wouldn't usually come to games, and hopefully get them to return.

Barwell had 804 there today which is almost as many as their last four home games combined.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

1314 at Bury Town in the Isthmian North for their game with Stowmarket.

Incredible.

I went to this. OH is from that neck of the woods and her brother is involved at their local club. Superb game. Had a bit of bite as Stowmarket are heavily backed. Crowd probably boosted cos the step 5 league in the area called all games off.

You’d think the crowds would be good next winter when the WC is on. The non league clubs as well moving to 27th and 28th has been a good idea too. 

• Like 3

Boro managed to record a vital 2-0 win over local rivals Tamworth to take us off the bottom, good performance all round and probably the best we have seen of Boro all season in front of biggest crowd of the season 964. With 150 travelling from Staffordshire. Tamworth looked dreadful, apparently in terms of form they have only got 6pts out of possible 33. One of their joint managers resigned last night. Unless a new manager comes in I can see them being dragged into the relegation fight.

Extraordinary attendances at Hallam v Brigg Town (1128) and North Ferriby v Hall Road Rangers (1139) in Northern Counties Division One (Step 6) yesterday.

Also 4353 at Macclesfield for their win over Winsford United!

• Like 2

Boro look set to take a big following to Barwell saturday with the club offering free travel to supporters. The coach was fully booked within one hour and second coach as just be requested by the club. Sounds like Barwell are in for a few bob on Saturday coming through the turnstiles. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Boro look set to take a big following to Barwell saturday with the club offering free travel to supporters. The coach was fully booked within one hour and second coach as just be requested by the club. Sounds like Barwell are in for a few bob on Saturday coming through the turnstiles. 

That will be 2 home games in a row that barwell will be outnumbered by away fans.