Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

With a £6k a week wage budget they can afford to let people in for free.

Surely not?? That’s insane lol 

I was watching the Robbie Savage Making Macclesfield documentary today, and he calculates their team would need to be ~£150,000 a year in the same division for a competitive team, that Harborough payroll is coming in at ~£312,000. 

Also off the back of my last post: the Making Macclesfield doc is worth a watch. Interesting look into the making of a phoenix club (albeit not fan-owned) and pretty eye-opening into how hard it is to make lower league clubs sustainable.

20 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

With a £6k a week wage budget they can afford to let people in for free.

Helps when they also got a load of money for their ground etc when they cosied up to the head of Leics FA who has since got involved with the non league pyramid restructure. 

Irony to this of course is that Leicester Road are very on track to beat them to auto promotion. 

18 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To quote Banbury’s support ‘Coalville get battered everywhere they go’ 👀

Well evidently they don’t, that’s the only heavy defeat I can remember in the last few seasons.

As others have said on here they just don’t have a plan B when things aren’t going well.

Not sure if that was the case today, I’m sure @Gary Eatfood will have attended today and can give us a match report  ?

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Alvechurch really out did Banbury first half but the lack of an out and out striker hurt them. Banbury woke up second half; higher up the pitch and their physicality won out in the end. 

Those that have seen them before are they normally that direct? 

I wouldn’t say Banbury were direct, there a fit side though.

37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To quote Banbury’s support ‘Coalville get battered everywhere they go’ 👀

14 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Well evidently they don’t, that’s the only heavy defeat I can remember in the last few seasons.

As others have said on here they just don’t have a plan B when things aren’t going well.

Not sure if that was the case today, I’m sure @Gary Eatfood will have attended today and can give us a match report  ?

Banbury fans seem have a weird fascination with Coalville. They're a bit like Spurs fans only with a winning team.

Yup, we were second best from the off today. Keeper was at fault for two goals. We had plenty of the ball, but if the wide men don't perform we look a little lost for ideas.

It was frustrating to get back in the game straight after HT to then concede more sloppy goals. Rushall are a good side who play decent football, but the last two games we've had too many underperform, which in a small squad is an issue. As I've said before, if we finish top three I'll take that.

I wouldn't say Banbury are direct. They're efficient with the ball, but if the pitch was heavy today they may have mixed it up and played longer. They'll do whatever necessary to get three points and it doesn't always have to be pretty.

20 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Biggest defeat since Jan '20 at home to Royston. 4-1.

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Banbury fans seem have a weird fascination with Coalville. They're a bit like Spurs fans only with a winning team.

Yup, we were second best from the off today. Keeper was at fault for two goals. We had plenty of the ball, but if the wide men don't perform we look a little lost for ideas.

It was frustrating to get back in the game straight after HT to then concede more sloppy goals. Rushall are a good side who play decent football, but the last two games we've had too many underperform, which in a small squad is an issue. As I've said before, if we finish top three I'll take that.

I wouldn't say Banbury are direct. They're efficient with the ball, but if the pitch was heavy today they may have mixed it up and played longer. They'll do whatever necessary to get three points and it doesn't always have to be pretty.

Did many from Coalville go? 

Just now, Gary Eatfood said:

Probably between 40-50. It's only 30 odd miles from Coalville.

Should imagine we'll be back to the usual 15/20 at Alvechurch on Tuesday evening.

Not bad then. I was all set to go but got covid yesterday. Probably not a bad one to miss. 

Do you think Coalville  struggle on a plastic pitch?  Seen some comments on twitter 

10 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

That assessment of Banbury is pretty much spot on.

I see that Saul was back on the bench today so could may well see him come back into the side  ?

I don’t get what the obsession with picking Steve towers is either I know he’s experienced but Connor smith and Kian could both do a better job in midfield. I’d of put Smith in Billy’s role today.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Not bad then. I was all set to go but got covid yesterday. Probably not a bad one to miss. 

Do you think Coalville  struggle on a plastic pitch?  Seen some comments on twitter 

The perfect game to miss.

Not really, there were a few moaning about the amount of rubber crumb on the pitch at Barwell, but it's the same for both sides.

We certainly didn't struggle at Redditch. I just think we have a few off form at present. Historically, we tend to struggle second half of the season because we have such a small squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Regarding the plastic pitches they played well and won comfortably at Rushall last season on the plastic pitch. They did seem to struggle at Barwell on it though I thought there pitch was poor.

6 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

That assessment of Banbury is pretty much spot on.

I see that Saul was back on the bench today so could may well see him come back into the side  ?

I don’t get what the obsession with picking Steve towers is either I know he’s experienced but Connor smith and Kian could both do a better job in midfield. I’d of put Smith in Billy’s role today.

Difficult to leave Tyrell on the bench when Billy isn't playing. I thought Connor was poor at Barwell so I wasn't surprised Towers came back in.

I'd liked it when Towers played CB for a couple of games as we seemed to build from the back better. I think Kian is a good option for CM. Plenty of industry and energy.

Deeney has to be back in for Tuesday. Tomasz got away with one today when he carried the ball outside the box, but both officials missed it. He has an error or two in him every game.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Regarding the plastic pitches they played well and won comfortably at Rushall last season on the plastic pitch. They did seem to struggle at Barwell on it though I thought there pitch was poor.

Yeah that's why I asked. The pitch at Barwell looked crap and it must be an advantage if you play on that every week and get used to it. 

Just need to get back to winning ways on Tuesday. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah that's why I asked. The pitch at Barwell looked crap and it must be an advantage if you play on that every week and get used to it. 

Just need to get back to winning ways on Tuesday. 

I think the title went on Monday, so as important as winning is on Tuesday, I'd like to see us getting back to play football with a purpose and putting in a decent performance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I think the title went on Monday, so as important as winning is on Tuesday, I'd like to see us getting back to play football with a purpose and putting in a decent performance.

Are there anymore outgoing transfer rumours?  Seen Jardine has gone out on loan.