Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

They‘re definitely far and away the two best teams in the division, but I’m not sure it’s as clear cut as both being fine for promotion. Play-offs are notorious for upsets, and it only takes a split second and it’s a season wasted, Leicester should know! lol 

So many of the 2nd place finishers at step 5 go through automatically and then the rest have an one off play off. 

The difference is it will be teams who’ve finished second from bottom in step 4 v 2nd in step 5. I’d back Step 5 on every occasion in those games 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So many of the 2nd place finishers at step 5 go through automatically and then the rest have an one off play off. 

The difference is it will be teams who’ve finished second from bottom in step 4 v 2nd in step 5. I’d back Step 5 on every occasion in those games 

Fair enough mate! Was unaware of that. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hinckley Leicester Road lost their first game of the season yesterday. That title race is going right down to the wire with Harborough. Both of them should be fine for promotion. Be good to see a couple of more Leics clubs at step 4 (big step up IMO). At worst one of them qualifies for a playoff. 

I think Harborough will just nip ahead of Road in the title race. Harborough paying some good money to some top players at that level and concede very few goals. I think Road are without their main centre half and skipper for a while and were lucky to salvage a last minute winner at Oadby Town in the week after being 1 down most the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shilton_fox said:

Has anyone watched the Peter crouch documentary? I’m going down to dulwich hamlet at the weekend with living round the corner now. Drawing 3000 odd in at home recently at step 2. Insane numbers. Looking forward to it

Saw the advert and just looked like someone jumping on the bandwagon. 

Shouldn't just assume so will give it a watch 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

It is. A club who get thousands a week, having a very well attended social club and do very well on merchandise. 

Hamlet are superb in what they do and have done but it’s just a crappy idea of a tv series 

On 30/01/2022 at 11:38, Finnaldo said:

No game for Hinckley this weekend but some excellent results. Kimberly concede last minute at Kirby Muxloe for an 1-1 draw and 10 man Belper were beaten convincingly 3-0 by Dunkirk. Puts Hinckley level on points with Kimberly but 10 goals ahead on GD, and leaves Belper a point behind, however with a banked three points to be added for the cancelled St Andrews game, in real terms it’s a four point lead over Belper level on games and a three point lead over Kimberly who have a game in hand. 

Still tight margins but a result against Barrow on Tuesday should begin to put some distance between them and the chasing pack. 

Hinckley ran out 2-0 winners, not their most convincing performance all season but they were pretty much on top for the majority of the game. Onto a string of games with mid and lower table teams before a difficult run-in against many of the teams around them, so it’s gonna need to bank the points where they should be getting them! 

On 01/02/2022 at 20:43, Lako42 said:

Have to say I’m not sure the difference he is making at dulwich it seemed a well run club anyway however the further exposure and highlighting of the issue by a popular figure in the game won’t do any harm for the non league pyramid. 

8 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'll post these here too as it will probably get lost under a barrage of Rodgers out threads in the main section.

You'll never see the same lack of fight and desire from a Coalville side as you do with the current crop at City.

Coalville didn’t play well yesterday but showed the ability to scrap to get a result when they were having an off day. 

As you say this bunch at LCFC don’t have that

• Like 2

Boro win again woo! against 6th Alvechurch and another clean sheet. No goal conceded in Five! unbelievable run of form. The new assistant certainly making a difference.

His old club Tamworth on the other hand got hammered four nil at Stourbridge again, what a mess there in. Manager resigned or forced out today, no surprise form is abysmal. Few issues go on their, a power mad chariman dictating who plays and just signs a new player every week even without consulting the manager. Heard to there player wages this season are the highest despite the league position.

4 minutes ago, LutterworthLCFC said:

What are the promotion rules for UCL Prem North/South?
Is it top automatic, and then 2nd play a playoff game against a relegated team?

Looking quite tight at the top between Hinckley LRFC and Harborough. 

Very difficult to explain. 

Top team are promoted to step 4. 

The clubs who finish second at the step 5 leagues are ranked subject to their points per game - 16 clubs/leagues in total. Those finishing from 1st to 10th automatically qualify. 11th to 16th play relegated clubs from step 4. 

To give an idea Hinckley LR are ranked 1st on points per game and by some distance to 11th as well. 

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Can't recall the last time we scored 6.

Credit to Burchnall for switching things up yesterday.

Eli Sam deserves to start.

I will reign in my excitement though, it was home vs Barnet and we haven't showed much consistency.

I notice Kairo has more yellows than goals + assists for you :D

His agent is incredible.

• Haha 1