Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

Hinckley score four before half time again away at Ingles in Shepshed, ran out 5-0 winners. Title rivals Kimberly also won away at Hucknall, managing to defend a 3-0 lead after having a man sent off just before half time. Still very tight at the top and Hinckley go into their last 11 games having to play four of their top of their promotion rivals, including Kimberly themselves. 13th place Clifton up next on Tuesday.

Coalville beaten 2-0 Away at play off rivals Peterborough sports. Poor result as Peterborough have been off form in recent weeks, I thought Coalville would at least get a draw there.

We could really do with finishing 2nd or 3rd to guarantee a home play off semi final as our away record hasn’t been great this season. Haven’t won away at any of the top sides. I think hednesford are the best side we have won at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Bit of trouble afterwards wasn’t there. 

Sadly yes. But was bound to happen once Wythenthawe’s lot moved behind the goals for penalties. 

Probably wasn’t helped by Logan being very touchy about them behind his goal in the second half and then going absolutely nuts in front of them when he saved a pen. 

Lot of poor kids by standing in the way 

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville beaten 2-0 Away at play off rivals Peterborough sports. Poor result as Peterborough have been off form in recent weeks, I thought Coalville would at least get a draw there.

We could really do with finishing 2nd or 3rd to guarantee a home play off semi final as our away record hasn’t been great this season. Haven’t won away at any of the top sides. I think hednesford are the best side we have won at.

If we tracked runners and cleared our box effectively we would've got a point. It was a poor game today not helped by terrible conditions.

6 without a win away from home now. Stevo mixed it up today by starting Tyrell Waite and dropping Shaw, but we were largely toothless throughout. One good chance just before and after HT, but we're too easy to nullify away from home currently and conceding soft goals.

The run-in is tough with Royston, Rushden, Hednesford and Rushall all to come at home and difficult trips to Needham, Leiston and Strourbridge. We need at least another 5/6 wins to guarantee the play offs, let alone top 3.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

If we tracked runners and cleared our box effectively we would've got a point. It was a poor game today not helped by terrible conditions.

6 without a win away from home now. Stevo mixed it up today by starting Tyrell Waite and dropping Shaw, but we were largely toothless throughout. One good chance just before and after HT, but we're too easy to nullify away from home currently and conceding soft goals.

The run-in is tough with Royston, Rushden, Hednesford and Rushall all to come at home and difficult trips to Needham, Leiston and Strourbridge. We need at least another 5/6 wins to guarantee the play offs, let alone top 3.

You’re right about the run in, it’s very tough considering our away form.

I was glad to see Stevo mix it up a bit as there’s signs they are starting to run out of steam in recent weeks. This is where having a small squad starts to work against them.

I think the squad would benefit from a couple of new faces for the run in. A centre back is definitely needed.

Is Connor smith injured ? Not been in the squad for last few weeks 

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

You’re right about the run in, it’s very tough considering our away form.

I was glad to see Stevo mix it up a bit as there’s signs they are starting to run out of steam in recent weeks. This is where having a small squad starts to work against them.

I think the squad would benefit from a couple of new faces for the run in. A centre back is definitely needed.

Is Connor smith injured ? Not been in the squad for last few weeks 

I thought we'd sign a CB instead of the new keeper as Robbo has had a few injury issues this season. Kalern might be back in the squad next week which will be like having a new player.

We always seem to struggle after Christmas due to the squad size. The problem we have is keeping every one happy with adequate game time if we go with a bigger squad.

Connor rolled his ankle in training before the Hitchin game. I'm not sure how long he's out for, but he would've made a difference yesterday.

• Like 1

Quite happy we got a new keeper in to be fair, Tiernan looks the business and a massive improvement on Bukowski. Could be important for us in the play offs to have a keeper that will come and collect crosses and is a big presence. Loved the way he gave gooch a bollocking after the first goal.

New ground ticked off at least, if you can call it a ground... We're a small squad operating with a budget way below many teams in this league, I much prefer quality over quantity. We'll always have off days and you just have to take them on the chin. When we're good we're very good, when we're bad we're very bad lol We must be doing something right to have 60 pts from 29 games. It's all about finishing in 2nd place now and giving ourselves the chance to play 2 home games in the play offs.

If we were at home I'd Imagine we'd be close to selling out for a semi and potential final, it'd be a cracking atmosphere.

Quite a contrast in our home and away form. We've scored half the goals and conceded twice as many on the road as we have at home lol

image.thumb.png.6209277bbfa0c09746716ec565fcd559.png

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This grifter at it again 

Jesus Christ lol don’t King’s Lynn have the most expensive season ticket in the National League by quite a distance? Considerably more than London or ex-League clubs. The bloke looks, acts and talks like a caricature of an attention-seeking tw@r looking for any publicity he can out of being Chairman, even has his own podcast about it ffs.

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Jesus Christ lol don’t King’s Lynn have the most expensive season ticket in the National League by quite a distance? Considerably more than London or ex-League clubs. The bloke looks, acts and talks like a caricature of an attention-seeking tw@r looking for any publicity he can out of being Chairman, even has his own podcast about it ffs.

Telling the town to support their team now they need it most. 

The dimwit should have thought about that when planning for the season. They could have had a much larger average attendance and a decent 12th man if he wasn't such a greedy ****er. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Telling the town to support their team now they need it most. 

The dimwit should have thought about that when planning for the season. They could have had a much larger average attendance and a decent 12th man if he wasn't such a greedy ****er

And probably a bigger bottom line, ironically. 

Look at Coalville, drop their prices down to a fiver and they go from 450-500 up to 800. That alone makes up any shortfalls, then you consider concession sales in beer and food and you’re in the green. 

Outside of the higher levels of football, being fair with fans and running a club with them in mind almost always means making more money than acting like a money-grabbing grifter. 

• Like 1

Nuneaton Boro stretch their unbeaten run to five after drawing with Stratford Town on Saturday! but once again another 0-0 draw lol. Not conceded in five but not scored in three of those five. Looking a lot organised at the back, but certainly need to address the front line now, had the chances in first half to have scored a couple. Attendance 748 not bad considering we're fifth from bottom. Second time in a row we have attracted over 700.  

Hinckley pushing their luck to the limit last night, were 4-0 up at half time for the third time running, however Clifton came at us from the first minute and almost immediately scored. Not seen this team as rattled as they were, ended a very, very nervy 4-3. This Clifton team will be up there next year based on recent form. 

Probably the best time for a wake-up call after being on cruise control since the new year, ahead of the away game at third-place Belper on Saturday, the start of the ten game run-in that’ll decide the season. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro stretch their unbeaten run to five after drawing with Stratford Town on Saturday! but once again another 0-0 draw lol. Not conceded in five but not scored in three of those five. Looking a lot organised at the back, but certainly need to address the front line now, had the chances in first half to have scored a couple. Attendance 748 not bad considering we're fifth from bottom. Second time in a row we have attracted over 700.  

Gresley Rovers managed 675 against Long Eaton over the weekend in the United Counties League North Premier Division, top two clash but incredible considering many NPL/SFL teams struggle to pull that.

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Gresley Rovers managed 675 against Long Eaton over the weekend in the United Counties League North Premier Division, top two clash but incredible considering many NPL/SFL teams struggle to pull that.

I'd forgotten how far Gresley had slipped down the leagues.  I remember them winning promotion to the conference only for the ground to stop them going up.

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I'd forgotten how far Gresley had slipped down the leagues.  I remember them winning promotion to the conference only for the ground to stop them going up.

Hucknall Town are in the same league as Hinckley, one step below Gresley. When Hinckley first moved into the UCL I had to double check, but they’re the same club that was once in the Conference North! Not even a phoenix club, just absolutely plummeted in the last decade plus.

19 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Hucknall Town are in the same league as Hinckley, one step below Gresley. When Hinckley first moved into the UCL I had to double check, but they’re the same club that was once in the Conference North! Not even a phoenix club, just absolutely plummeted in the last decade plus.

Are you sure?  the original Hinckley United did fold.