Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

14 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if there trying it on, they love calling a game off.

Called it at 9.30 as well before the match ref arrived, no idea if the match ref still has to come and check the pitch anyway ?

I always thought unless the pitch was a complete lake, a pitch inspection must be conducted by the match referee. I wouldn't say the rain has been that bad this week, if Biggleswade have got issues with their pitch then the league should but pressure on to either get it sorted or look to play their games at nearby venues like Bedford Town or revert the fixture to the oppositions ground. Boro go their next week, not 100% it'll take place though. League should investigate it. If there aren't able to field an XI then the opposition should be awarded a 3-0 win!

Edited by Leicesterpool

36 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I always thought unless the pitch was a complete lake, a pitch inspection must be conducted by the match referee. I wouldn't say the rain has been that bad this week, if Biggleswade have got issues with their pitch then the league should but pressure on to either get it sorted or look to play their games at nearby venues like Bedford Town or revert the fixture to the oppositions ground. Boro go their next week, not 100% it'll take place though. League should investigate it. If there aren't able to field an XI then the opposition should be awarded a 3-0 win!

Totally agree. There has been a bit of rain but it’s hardly been torrential, I didn’t see that any other games had been called off.

As you say if there’s an issue with the pitch the league should be making them find another venue. They had already called the game off against Rushden on the Tuesday. 
If you look at there twitter account it’s almost like they had been setting it up to be off all week with the posts they were putting out.

11 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Does anyone know if should Coalville get promoted, would their ground be up to grade for the National League North/South?

Having seen Kettering’s ground, yes. Might need to get one of those semi temporary stands in for more seats but otherwise should be okay. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Does anyone know if should Coalville get promoted, would their ground be up to grade for the National League North/South?

Should be okay, I would think. However they may face a problem getting in the National League if suddenly found themselves getting any stronger. 

On 06/03/2022 at 16:46, Cardiff_Fox said:

By my maths, Banbury are two wins off winning the league. Saw off Rushall yesterday. 

Coalville can get 93 points, so Banbury need 4 wins or 2 wins and 2 draws from their remaining 7 games.

Unless the behaviour of the Banbury ultras sees the team have points docked...I can hope.

On 10/03/2022 at 09:24, Gary Eatfood said:

A few of their teenage fans got a bit rowdy at Rushall. Banbury issued a statement. There will probably be a fine for the smoke bombs and pitch invasion.

No surprise they bought a few down to nuneaton last month and a small section seem to a bit rowdy shall say. Funny talking of jumping on the bandwagon wasnt longer ago their attendances were like 200-300. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Good day for Coalville, 1-0 win away at Bromsgrove.
Rushall beaten and Peterborough dropping points as well.

We played some good stuff first half and should've been out of sight.

Battled well second half and bagged a deserved win. 7 more points guarantees a play-off spot, and  we're looking good for second place.

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We played some good stuff first half and should've been out of sight.

Battled well second half and bagged a deserved win. 7 more points guarantees a play-off spot, and  we're looking good for second place.

That home draw in the play offs is critical I think. 

Don't fancy us away in pressure games never mind on a 3g pitch. 

I know we've won at St Ives on one but watched us at barwell and Rushall and we really struggled. 

Hinckley come out 3-2 winners against Bourne Town, initially struggling after going 2-0 down due to back-to-back mix-ups in defence. They were pretty well organised but when Hinckley got a foot on the game and a goal back it was pretty much decided and they were in the lead before half time. 

Kimberly also struggled at home against Saffron Dynamo, being 1-0 then 2-1 down at points, but ended up running out 5-2 winners. All in all still deadlocked at the top but it’s clear teams well below are beginning to look to claim a big scalp. Hinckley now have a run of big games against virtually all the top six sides, including Kimberly which is looking more and more like a deciding fixture for the season.

I check the Isle Of Man results sometimes as this is their first full season in the football pyramid (step 6).

Couple of weeks ago saw 2nd (isle of man) play 1st (West Didsbury), Isle Of Man trailed 1-3  but equalized in the 90th minute and then scored in injury time to win it 4-3.  Watched by over 2000 fans...this is a feeder league to the one Macclesfield have just won.

But West Didsbury have regained top spot with a narrow 18-0 win over St Martins with West Didsbury leading 12-0 at HT.

Not sure what's happened at St Martins but they are already relegated after losing 33 of 35 games and having a GD of -199.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I check the Isle Of Man results sometimes as this is their first full season in the football pyramid (step 6).

Couple of weeks ago saw 2nd (isle of man) play 1st (West Didsbury), Isle Of Man trailed 1-3  but equalized in the 90th minute and then scored in injury time to win it 4-3.  Watched by over 2000 fans...this is a feeder league to the one Macclesfield have just won.

But West Didsbury have regained top spot with a narrow 18-0 win over St Martins with West Didsbury leading 12-0 at HT.

Not sure what's happened at St Martins but they are already relegated after losing 33 of 35 games and having a GD of -199.

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye out on them too since I saw their gates! Fair play to them, I guess when you have no professional football team easily commutable then that’s your next best bet! 

Shame in some ways too really, if that thinking was applied to the mainland then, whilst not many clubs would be drawing those gates, it’s still boost a lot of local clubs massively. Just have to see attendance over the holidays to see evidence of that! 

I think a lot would be surprised at the quality, even at ‘lower’ levels. If you can’t take your kid to Leicester every week then a combined £8-£12 for an adult and child to at least get them down the football has to be worth it!

• Like 2