Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

Boro managed to dodge a bullet after scoring in the 99th minute equaliser away at Biggleswade. A lot of time wasting from the home side probably cost them the win. Funny travelled by coach and the driver took us to the wrong ground 😂 ended up at Bedford Town 10 miles away.

23 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Hinckley come out 3-2 winners against Bourne Town, initially struggling after going 2-0 down due to back-to-back mix-ups in defence. They were pretty well organised but when Hinckley got a foot on the game and a goal back it was pretty much decided and they were in the lead before half time. 

Kimberly also struggled at home against Saffron Dynamo, being 1-0 then 2-1 down at points, but ended up running out 5-2 winners. All in all still deadlocked at the top but it’s clear teams well below are beginning to look to claim a big scalp. Hinckley now have a run of big games against virtually all the top six sides, including Kimberly which is looking more and more like a deciding fixture for the season.

Still think Hinckley will win it, played both teams this season and I thought Hinckley were a lot more stronger

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 22:46, spacemunky said:

And there went our dreams of winning the FA Cup, err....trophy!

I watch Notts County quite often too, and was there on Friday. Maaaan this team is so weak. Mentally they're not up for a fight at all. How many late goals have they conceded recently?

I'm going to Stockport tomorrow too and fearing the worst tbh. I think a lot of the players and staff are banking on the 'easy' run-in and definitely not maximising this March of many crunch games.

Burchnall seems a nice guy but I'm not convinced he's got the tactical or motivational skills to get this team up through the play-offs. And even making the play-offs looks far from guaranteed!

Stockport, Chesterfield and Wrexham all look strong. Then there's the 'underdogs' in Boreham, Halifax, Bromley and Solihull going well. Grimsby are coming good. And then there's us. 

Peter Taylor update. He got brought in as Welling United manager after half a season while they were comfortably safe from relegation and now he's put an end to all that. They have to be favourites for relegation now. He is the first manager to have managed Leicester City, England and Welling United, and I dare say he could be the last, barring some improbable turn of events. The supporters are absolutely livid, even more than usual. Of course, it's not his fault :blink: 

• Haha 1

Just now, thursday_next said:

Peter Taylor update. He got brought in as Welling United manager after half a season while they were comfortably safe from relegation and now he's put an end to all that. They have to be favourites for relegation now. He is the first manager to have managed Leicester City, England and Welling United, and I dare say he could be the last, barring some improbable turn of events. The supporters are absolutely livid, even more than usual. Of course, it's not his fault :blink: 

The bloke is a complete ****ing fraud 

2 hours ago, Tevez said:

Still think Hinckley will win it, played both teams this season and I thought Hinckley were a lot more stronger

There’s a good chance it comes down to Hinckley vs Kimberly itself, in which case it’s whichever team turns up! Fingers crossed though 

On 13/03/2022 at 11:07, purpleronnie said:

I check the Isle Of Man results sometimes as this is their first full season in the football pyramid (step 6).

Couple of weeks ago saw 2nd (isle of man) play 1st (West Didsbury), Isle Of Man trailed 1-3  but equalized in the 90th minute and then scored in injury time to win it 4-3.  Watched by over 2000 fans...this is a feeder league to the one Macclesfield have just won.

But West Didsbury have regained top spot with a narrow 18-0 win over St Martins with West Didsbury leading 12-0 at HT.

Not sure what's happened at St Martins but they are already relegated after losing 33 of 35 games and having a GD of -199.

Didsbury are very much in the Dulwich type mode - a gentrified area in a major city with leftish political view and lots of community links. I believe they took about 400 over to the island. 

Hinckley beat St Martins in the Vase this year achieving a FA Vase record. I read they are a club which just aren't built for regional football and county football is more their level. Rather than lose their pyramid position - they want to keep the club functioning. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Asha said:

I watch Notts County quite often too, and was there on Friday. Maaaan this team is so weak. Mentally they're not up for a fight at all. How many late goals have they conceded recently?

I'm going to Stockport tomorrow too and fearing the worst tbh. I think a lot of the players and staff are banking on the 'easy' run-in and definitely not maximising this March of many crunch games.

Burchnall seems a nice guy but I'm not convinced he's got the tactical or motivational skills to get this team up through the play-offs. And even making the play-offs looks far from guaranteed!

Stockport, Chesterfield and Wrexham all look strong. Then there's the 'underdogs' in Boreham, Halifax, Bromley and Solihull going well. Grimsby are coming good. And then there's us. 

I'm certainly not expecting anything from this one.

Enjoy the match.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

A good reminder today of how far away we really are.

Absolutely diabolical. I’ve never seen a team play as badly as that. No effort or fight at all. Burchnall has claimed that most of the players were sick which checks out because it was the most dead performance imaginable. 

Jayden Richardson’s open goal miss is unforgivable, wait till you see that on the highlights! 

Stockport won’t have had an easier 3 points in their history. 

There’s more chance of Putin and Zelenskyy adopting a baby together than Notts going up this year. Lose to Dagenham on Saturday and it might as well be season over.

I’m fuming with that tonight. Disgraceful from Notts. 

16 hours ago, Asha said:

Absolutely diabolical. I’ve never seen a team play as badly as that. No effort or fight at all. Burchnall has claimed that most of the players were sick which checks out because it was the most dead performance imaginable. 

Jayden Richardson’s open goal miss is unforgivable, wait till you see that on the highlights! 

Stockport won’t have had an easier 3 points in their history. 

There’s more chance of Putin and Zelenskyy adopting a baby together than Notts going up this year. Lose to Dagenham on Saturday and it might as well be season over.

I’m fuming with that tonight. Disgraceful from Notts. 

Pretty much what I've heard from Notts supporters.

This season feels done.

On 14/03/2022 at 10:30, thursday_next said:

Gone now though hasn't he!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Gone now though hasn't he!?

Yes, he was sacked after Saturday's draw with Bath City. Sacked from a job where he was paid nothing, because Welling haven't got any money. Unbelievable, when a non-league team with no money sacks Peter Taylor and replaces him with Warren Feeney, who managed OFC Pirin Blagoevgrad, up until a few games ago. He got them promoted to the Bulgarian First Division last season, and he'll presumably want some money, but anything would be better than Peter Taylor lol

On 20/03/2022 at 12:56, Leicesterpool said:

Boro lost 2-3 to St Ives, despite leading 2-1 with 15 minutes to go. We conceded in the 98th minute! In serious trouble now...annoying as this is only our second defeat in 2022. Just not won enough games this season, our home form as been a huge let down.

Biggleswade and Hitchin winning on Tuesday doesn't help. Nuneaton probably need to win at least 3 of their last 5.

It's looking grim, but Ginnelly made 3 deadline-day signings today to take this season's incomings to 4,382.

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Biggleswade and Hitchin winning on Tuesday doesn't help. Nuneaton probably need to win at least 3 of their last 5.

It's looking grim, but Ginnelly made 3 deadline-day signings today to take this season's incomings to 4,382.

Yeah got a lad from Belper Town, whose only like 19. All the help we can get I guess. As a owner Ginnelly done a fantastic job, as manager hes been a disaster. I'm not sure how any manager can remain in a job after two relegations. For me if we stay up or go down hes got to step down as manager. For a club of Boro's stature shouldn't fighting at the bottom of this league.

• Like 1