Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 25/03/2022 at 09:18, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah got a lad from Belper Town, whose only like 19. All the help we can get I guess. As a owner Ginnelly done a fantastic job, as manager hes been a disaster. I'm not sure how any manager can remain in a job after two relegations. For me if we stay up or go down hes got to step down as manager. For a club of Boro's stature shouldn't fighting at the bottom of this league.

I agree. It's a sad state of affairs.

On 25/03/2022 at 09:45, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bromsgrove right in it as well. Mad that a club capable of pulling their crowds in their position. Sadly though it's been coming since their manager left on the eve of winning the Step 5 title and forewarned that the board were quite content keeping it as their club; whether that be in the fan input or other investors. 

They sacked a manager this year who didn't deserve it and was trying to find players in the bargain bucket. 

Massive win for Bromsgrove today. Barwell are not out of trouble yet. Fortunately for them Biggleswade and Lowestoft lost.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interested to see if they can keep their money mercenaries on next season 

Who’s throwing the money in at the club? Heard today one of their strikers is on £400 a game . 

Also former LCFC player Lee Cox signed for Aylestone Park.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who’s throwing the money in at the club? Heard today one of their strikers is on £400 a game . 

I’m not sure. They have a lot ex Corby and Kettering players. 

They have benefitted big time that the club chairman is high up on the FA non league board. He’s got every grant obtainable from the likes of Football Foundation to set up pitches etc. The hire of that will help no doubt. 

They will have at least one of Chasetown, Halesowen, Ilkeston with them next season - Belper and Stamford as well. Plus a decent chance of Nuneaton. Won’t be so easy then. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Back where it all began for lee cox then!

I’ve also heard a striker is on £400 a game! Where they getting the money from? 

Edited by Lesta2014

It’s their own choice. Basically the club are in financial arrears. The crowds are at an all time low because the chairmen has pissed off a load of supporters. 

They are not owned by Downing LLP. They own the land the ground sits on. 

Having worked with the landlord ‘professionally’, the fella who wrote the statement better get ready for an almighty legal battle. The inclusion of names is an absolute own goal 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

After two utterly crap 2-0 losses to Radford and dropping off of first, Hinckley managed to come back and beat West Bridgford 8-1 last night. Completely out their hands now but their best bet is to beat Kimberly and narrow the gap at top to 3 points, and beat them decisively enough to hope it rattles them and they drop points elsewhere. However more than likely it’ll be play-offs now.

On 26/03/2022 at 21:10, Gary Eatfood said:

The game has been rearranged for this coming Tuesday and is free admission for anyone interested in going.

Shepshed won 3-1, they had a bucket collection going and managed to raise £1000 which will go directly to the player

Grantham Town at Stafford Rangers where only a win and results going their way will keep them up, 14 points behind with an atrocious goal difference and only 15 points left to play for!

Grantham Town relegated, completely ****ed by the ridiculous Carlton Palmer appointment and sticking with him for so long, had they got rid of the setup during the start of the season when it was clearly not working they may have had a chance of staying up, as it is it's back to Division One after 10 years and I have no idea which division they'll be put in, want Midlands expecting East!

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Travelling down to Needham market on the coach today to see the boro away. Got to say bit nervousness around the fans, lose this and relegation would likely be on the cards.

Got the win. All down to Biggleswade now. 

Went Bromsgrove atrocious game. Could understand why Redditch were off it but B’grove thankful of their remaining opposition. 

Banbury finally did it today on my maths. Alvechurch got a little glimmer of hope. 

Division below has a great battle between Halesowen, Ilkeston and Chasetown going on. 

Local league to me the Midland Football League had a right result today where Hanley with their ex pros lost to lowly Bewdley. This is now meant it’s not such a forgone conclusion they are going up. 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Travelling down to Needham market on the coach today to see the boro away. Got to say bit nervousness around the fans, lose this and relegation would likely be on the cards.

Good result ! Fancied Nuneaton to get something there

Coalville held to a goalless draw by Hednesford today.

I thought it was a pretty poor showing again from Coalville, not much urgency from them and the manager doesn’t seem to have much interest in making changes either when things aren’t going well. Hopefully they can kick on and secure 2nd place.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville held to a goalless draw by Hednesford today.

I thought it was a pretty poor showing again from Coalville, not much urgency from them and the manager doesn’t seem to have much interest in making changes either when things aren’t going well. Hopefully they can kick on and secure 2nd place.

To be fair, we played well first 30 minutes and should've scored at least one. The game drifted away second half, but we still had decent chances and were denied by an amazing goal line clearance.

It's another point, although I do agree about the subs. Waite could've come on 10-15 minutes earlier and I would've liked to see Connor Smith for Billy Kee. If we in Tuesday we're looking good for second. Big game between Rushall and P'boro on the same night.

• Like 1

Tamworth v Biggleswade was abandoned due to reports from racism in the home end. Not the first time its happened their either. Interesting to see the outcome of that.

Edit: sorry misread the news article date, but still get to be resolved

Edited by Leicesterpool

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

To be fair, we played well first 30 minutes and should've scored at least one. The game drifted away second half, but we still had decent chances and were denied by an amazing goal line clearance.

It's another point, although I do agree about the subs. Waite could've come on 10-15 minutes earlier and I would've liked to see Connor Smith for Billy Kee. If we in Tuesday we're looking good for second. Big game between Rushall and P'boro on the same night.

Yeah they probably still should of scored a couple to be fair and as you say the goal line clearance was excellent. I’d like to see Coalville sign hednesfords captain he looked very good.

I’d agree with those subs as well, didn’t think Kee had much impact on the game at all.

it just feet like they ran out of steam as the game went on. I suppose that’s inevitable though when pretty much the same 11 play every week and substitutions are rarely made.

• Like 1