Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 27/03/2022 at 20:26, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who’s throwing the money in at the club? Heard today one of their strikers is on £400 a game . 

Also former LCFC player Lee Cox signed for Aylestone Park.

HT are just a very well ran club.

They had 80+ teams (under 5's, up to veterans) 6 years ago. Probably more now. A great, modern bar area & function room (they hold wedding receptions, parties etc). 

The Chairman was involved with Bournemouth a few years ago & is involved with the FA still as far as l know. 

They had/have a board of very knowledgeable people, some with a financial background. 

I also believe £120 per game is the most being paid, but wouldn't know for sure. 

Edited by STEVIE B

12 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

HT are just a very well ran club.

They had 80+ teams (under 5's, up to veterans) 6 years ago. Probably more now. A great, modern bar area & function room (they hold wedding receptions, parties etc). 

The Chairman was involved with Bournemouth a few years ago & is involved with the FA still as far as l know. 

They had/have a board of very knowledgeable people, some with a financial background. 

I also believe £120 per game is the most being paid, but wouldn't know for sure. 

He's very involved with the FA - he has the head of the National League System, he gets to elect which clubs go into which divisions within the non league pyramid. He was and now is back involved with Leicestershire FA as well. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hinckley lost today against Kimberley. Sounds a right ding down though

Loughborough Students got whacked in the Vase semis. Littlehampton v Newport Pagnall

That’s the title lost now for Hinckley unfortunately. Shame as well because we scored to make it 2-2 off of a chest and was given handball, Lino didn’t want to give it and ref put his foot down, few minutes later it’s 3-1 lol still it was a close game and 3-2 is about fair, play-offs now and they have to be careful because they’ve only beat one team that *may* be in there! 

20 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hinckley lost today against Kimberley. Sounds a right ding down though

Loughborough Students got whacked in the Vase semis. Littlehampton v Newport Pagnall

Littlehampton actually lost 5-0 in the last 32 but were reinstated after Newham played an ineligible player.  Now they're playing at Wembley.

Boro grabbed a 2-1 victory at Needham Market, an important win considering all teams around us won. Hitchin Town next week at home which certainly a six pointer! With Leicester not playing till Sunday, if you looking for a non league game with something at stake this is certainly one to consider.

On 03/04/2022 at 07:47, Lcfc82 said:

I’d like to see Coalville sign hednesfords captain he looked very good.

it just feet like they ran out of steam as the game went on. I suppose that’s inevitable though when pretty much the same 11 play every week and substitutions are rarely made.

The number 5 I think, had a great game and may be a good replacement for when Jake moves back home after uni (assuming that will happen) 

I'm actually a bit worried about us now in terms of body language, urgency, lack of input from the manager. It doesn't bode well for play-offs. 

I've been to every home game since start of December and many before and there is a strange change in body language and team spirit that I am noticing.

The fact the manager won't make a substitution until too late in the game is really starting to annoy now. He just hopes for a change on the pitch without making it. 

If we have some players who are getting a bit leggy as the season goes on then he needs to start mixing up the starting 11 to protect some players, he's got 3 on the bench who could start the game without seriously degrading the 11. 

• Like 1

Another disappointing home performance from Coalville, going down 3-2 to Royston. Chances were aplenty in the 1st half, but poor finishing and slack defending from set-pieces cost us.

The night didn't get any better, with Joe Doyle-Charles receiving a red card for what I can only presume was dissent to the ref. It's a  big game now on Saturday against Rushden. Fail to win, and 3rd place is probably the best we can achieve. That said, I think all Coalville supporters would've taken that at the start of the campaign.

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Another disappointing home performance from Coalville, going down 3-2 to Royston. Chances were aplenty in the 1st half, but poor finishing and slack defending from set-pieces cost us.

The night didn't get any better, with Joe Doyle-Charles receiving a red card for what I can only presume was dissent to the ref. It's a  big game now on Saturday against Rushden. Fail to win, and 3rd place is probably the best we can achieve. That said, I think all Coalville supporters would've taken that at the start of the campaign.

There defending in the 1st half cost them the game, I didn’t think we were too bad apart from that.

Stevo pretty much summed it up in his interview after the game. The ref was absolutely terrible, he let them get away with everything. Did JDC get a straight red ?, I couldn’t tell what was going on.

On 12/04/2022 at 22:08, Lcfc82 said:

Conceding too many goals at the minute. No chance in the play offs unless they tighten up.

Two more poor goals. The first was an inexcusable drop from the keeper.

Hopefully, we're eradicating the mistakes now so they don't happen in the play offs.

I'm off to Needham Market tomorrow (well, today now). The weather looks like it'll be nice.

13 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Two more poor goals. The first was an inexcusable drop from the keeper.

Hopefully, we're eradicating the mistakes now so they don't happen in the play offs.

I'm off to Needham Market tomorrow (well, today now). The weather looks like it'll be nice.

Good win today. Should be at home in the semis now

If your looking for Easter Monday match then Nuneaton Boro face Barwell in a localish derby, there is a limited offer going on Adults: £10, Concessions (60+) £5, Under 18's £1. However the offer does end at midnight, so you may need to purchase soon. Been told nearly 600 tickets sold so far.  

Boro lost today at Leiston 0-1 in the 94th minute but teams around the bottom also did as well, so Boro could win saturday and officially be safe. A loss for Barwell could even relegate them. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If your looking for Easter Monday match then Nuneaton Boro face Barwell in a localish derby, there is a limited offer going on Adults: £10, Concessions (60+) £5, Under 18's £1. However the offer does end at midnight, so you may need to purchase soon. Been told nearly 600 tickets sold so far.  

Boro lost today at Leiston 0-1 in the 94th minute but teams around the bottom also did as well, so Boro could win saturday and officially be safe. A loss for Barwell could even relegate them. 

Is it bottom 3 down, Or is there some relegation play offs ?

6 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Good win today. Should be at home in the semis now

Good battling performance today. Similar story to the last few games in that we could've made it more comfortable 2nd half.

3rd is now guaranteed and there's still a chance of 2nd.

April 26th for the semi-final.

22 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Jake Eggleton is a very noticeable absence but he should be fit for the last game at Stourbridge.

He's been my player of the season.

Hopefully they are just being cautious with him. I can see him coming back at Stourbridge next week. He’s a big miss for us.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

2 down automatically and a play off for 3rd from bottom, although I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere.

I think 2 go down from each league, but one of the divisions will have three. It comes down to who has the most points compared. However at it stands Barwell could survive anyway as Barwell have 36 points in the Central league while, Kings Langley in Southern League have 31 points. 

One thing that doesn't help, that Biggleswade still have game to play which hasn't been rearranged and still a huge issue. 

Edited by Leicesterpool