Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

Saw a stat just now on Facebook that no non-league team promoted to the football league has been relegated in their first season since 86-87. Can that be true? That's a mad stat if true.

But from watching a lot of Vanarama National football this year, it's clear that many of the teams in the top half of the league are better than the dross that accumulates at the bottom of League Two. 

43 minutes ago, Asha said:

Saw a stat just now on Facebook that no non-league team promoted to the football league has been relegated in their first season since 86-87. Can that be true? That's a mad stat if true.

But from watching a lot of Vanarama National football this year, it's clear that many of the teams in the top half of the league are better than the dross that accumulates at the bottom of League Two. 

The national league in recent times is more like league three, soo many huge names in their. In fact in recent times how many clubs have bounced straight back up first time asking.. not many. Bristol Rovers in 2015 the only one I can think of. Many used to call the Conference a pub league, but it's far from that. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

The national league in recent times is more like league three, soo many huge names in their. In fact in recent times how many clubs have bounced straight back up first time asking.. not many. Bristol Rovers in 2015 the only one I can think of. 

Absolutely. There's a big split though! Many big teams but also some absolutely fvcking dreadful teams. I watched Notts play King's Lynn on Friday and the difference in quality was unreal. Dover have been an embarrassment too even though they've just about made it out of minus points lol 

Southend and Grimsby came down last year. Southend are way off in mid-table and Grimsby are clinging to 7th and a play-off spot. You're right, and it's a very different story to the Premier League and Championship where the same teams yo-yo year on year. 

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

Absolutely. There's a big split though! Many big teams but also some absolutely fvcking dreadful teams. I watched Notts play King's Lynn on Friday and the difference in quality was unreal. Dover have been an embarrassment too even though they've just about made it out of minus points lol 

Southend and Grimsby came down last year. Southend are way off in mid-table and Grimsby are clinging to 7th and a play-off spot. You're right, and it's a very different story to the Premier League and Championship where the same teams yo-yo year on year. 

I think the problem for clubs like Kings Lynn, they probably got promoted too soon. They only had like one year in the national league north and suddenly they find themselves being promoted to the National League itself. I think to survive in the national league you've got to have a good bit of money in the bank to be able to compete. Dover have been a mess off the field lass couple of seasons. Weymouth I believe the smallest budget of everyone hence why they've been struggling. 

• Like 1

Worth mentioning Wealdstone are part time and stayed up. Largely under radar but their rise back from the early 90s is incredible. 

They lost their ground. Nearly the club went under when renting Vicarage Road. They started to build a stadium where Barnet now play, the council did them over. Finally got a ground and went through the isthmian divisions to now the Conference!

The Tamworth vs Biggleswade game that was abandoned in December due to an alleged “ racist incident “ is now being played on Thursday.

No action has been took against either club. No idea why it’s took the league this long to resolve the matter.

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The Tamworth vs Biggleswade game that was abandoned in December due to an alleged “ racist incident “ is now being played on Thursday.

No action has been took against either club. No idea why it’s took the league this long to resolve the matter.

Biggleswade down if they lose this.

On 19/04/2022 at 15:03, Lcfc82 said:

Reading between the lines Tamworth appealed the original decision to replay the game and felt they should've been awarded the 3 points.

The FA hearing took place on April 14th, so yet again a resolution was reached at breakneck speed. Only took 5 months.

27 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Tickets for Coalville's home semi-final are now on sale.

Biggest game in the clubs league history. Get yourselves down to Owen Street on the 26th of April.

Ticket purchased this evening, if it is to be Rushall then I hope for a similar result on Tuesday :D 

Whether or not we make it, I find it annoying that the final is on the Monday. It's so much more hassle for people. The games should be played the following two saturdays in my opinion. Imagine going through a whole season and scrapping to get in the play offs. Then your star striker can't get the time off work early to travel 2 hours on a Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Ticket purchased this evening, if it is to be Rushall then I hope for a similar result on Tuesday :D 

Whether or not we make it, I find it annoying that the final is on the Monday. It's so much more hassle for people. The games should be played the following two saturdays in my opinion. Imagine going through a whole season and scrapping to get in the play offs. Then your star striker can't get the time off work early to travel 2 hours on a Tuesday night.

It’s bizarre how the FA insist on everything being complete by a date (they want step 4/5 polished off by end of April) and subsequently the leagues follow. Should be looking to maximise the gate receipts for respective clubs and get the games on Saturdays 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Tickets for Coalville's home semi-final are now on sale.

Biggest game in the clubs league history. Get yourselves down to Owen Street on the 26th of April.

And I'm bloody working. How do the play offs work. Obviously a one leg semi at home then who is the final likely to be against? Notice that's meant to be on the bank holiday Monday. 

17 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Tamworth win 3-1, Biggleswade relegated. Am I correct in thinking everyone else is safe in the southern central now ?

Yep, so Hitchin are safe aswell only two relegated from this league. But three in the Southern secition, due to Kings Langley having less points than Hitchin. I'm off to Rushden saturday, big game for them against the Boro. They need to win to retain a play off spot. They'll probably win, Boro got a few injuries going into this.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yep, so Hitchin are safe aswell only two relegated from this league. But three in the Southern secition, due to Kings Langley having less points than Hitchin. I'm off to Rushden saturday, big game for them against the Boro. They need to win to retain a play off spot. They'll probably win, Boro got a few injuries going into this.

Thanks

Yeah  I think rushden will win. Looking at the fixtures the play off positions look like they will stay as they are.

Nuneaton Boro have got quite a few match day programmes from this season. So the club looking to sell them off.  The programmes are being sold of at 50p each or 5 for £2. So if any coalville or Barwell fans want a copy for their collection let me know I'll put you touch with the club secutary. 

Boro win away at Rushden and diamonds, results gone against Rushden which as left them out of the play offs. They only needed to draw. From that display I seen dont surprise me they looked poor. Boro were in full control even if it was only 1-0. Atmosphere was fantastic from the boro fans. 

• Like 1