Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

Decent header from Solihull Moors.

It was pretty much all Grimsby in this half, they missed an absolute sitter earlier and probably should have had a penalty - the first peno shout was never a peno though.

Edited by Nalis
Typo
  • Like 1

Absolutely delighted for Grimsby Town, huge congratulations, what a turnaround after relegation that's no mean feat getting back up at the first attempt, 3 times they've gone behind in the playoffs and won it with an extra time goal!

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

How can a team that finished 7th go up as the second team? Daft system. 

Grimsby Town finished 6th in the National League!

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

How can a team that finished 7th go up as the second team? Daft system. 

Play offs generally are a nonsense. I know we've benefitted from them in the past but the 6th placed team shouldn't be able to get promoted.

My sister and my two young nephews live in Solihull so I really wanted them to win. They're all Villa fans so I was hoping they might convert if Solihull got into the football league 

Seems a bit unfair to drag everyone down to London for the final and then take the piss by charging a minimum of £40 a ticket.

An attendance of 23k wasn't bad in the circumstances.

38 minutes ago, Corky said:

Play offs generally are a nonsense. I know we've benefitted from them in the past but the 6th placed team shouldn't be able to get promoted.

I think in the English league they're unrivalled for drama

• Like 2

22,000 there at £40 for adults and £20 for kids. Really poor planning tbh.

Had the game been played somewhere like the KP or even Pride Park or the City Ground with cheaper tickets, they could have filled the place and created an absolutely incredible atmosphere. 

Fair play to Grimsby though. Far too big a club for non-league.

17 hours ago, Bilo said:

22,000 there at £40 for adults and £20 for kids. Really poor planning tbh.

Had the game been played somewhere like the KP or even Pride Park or the City Ground with cheaper tickets, they could have filled the place and created an absolutely incredible atmosphere. 

Fair play to Grimsby though. Far too big a club for non-league.

There was no reason for this to be played in london, considering both terms were midlands and from the north. As you say the KP, Pride Park, City Ground or even Bramall Lane could have hosted this final.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

There was no reason for this to be played in london, considering both terms were midlands and from the north. As you say the KP, Pride Park, City Ground or even Bramall Lane could have hosted this final.

They didn’t want to host it. Got asked, said no. Any ground or city with a rugby Union team were unlikely to host it as well. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox