Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Notts County have signed former Leicester youth and former Coalville Town player Kairo Mitchell!

Burchnall said that Kairo was the #1 target for our summer signings.

I like that we've signed a lot of younger players, but of course it's very hard to see how it'll all fit together.

We certainly have more attacking options this season.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Notts County have signed former Leicester youth and former Coalville Town player Kairo Mitchell!

Never used to think much of him when I watched him at Coalville. Must of improved a lot since then. 

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Burchnall said that Kairo was the #1 target for our summer signings.

I like that we've signed a lot of younger players, but of course it's very hard to see how it'll all fit together.

We certainly have more attacking options this season.

Weirdest signing I think I've seen lol

I'll be shocked if he is still playing for you by Christmas. Hes got a hell of an agent thats for sure

Absolutely disgusted by Nuneaton’s actions in the past 24 hours, blatant lie to shift tickets. 

902 in attendance tonight watched Boro get a schooling by Cov’s kids. 5-0.

If they persist with this team and this manager, they will end up in a relegation battle and I fear, none of these players have a battle in them.

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

That seems to be the consensus from Notts fans who know him :mellow:

Having watched him play for coalville week in week out, he never particularly stood out or looked like someone who should be playing above our level. 

I think you're also the 5th club to sign him since he left us. I think his agent talks a very good game and uses the fact he plays international football for Grenada or whoever it is Haha.

Hope he does well. The last player to play for coalville and end up making a decent career for himself was Reece Styche, he did look a hell of a player with us though.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Absolutely disgusted by Nuneaton’s actions in the past 24 hours, blatant lie to shift tickets. 

902 in attendance tonight watched Boro get a schooling by Cov’s kids. 5-0.

If they persist with this team and this manager, they will end up in a relegation battle and I fear, none of these players have a battle in them.

Best chance to lure fans back with a decent performance in front of a good crowd and look what happens. Sadly we're stuck with Jim, he's the owner and won't sack himself. I do think at times the fans are scared of him hence why there's never any criticism from the stands. For me I'd love to see the former Stourbridge come and do a job got a good track record at this level Gary Hackett.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Best chance to lure fans back with a decent performance in front of a good crowd and look what happens. Sadly we're stuck with Jim, he's the owner and won't sack himself. I do think at times the fans are scared of him hence why there's never any criticism from the stands. For me I'd love to see the former Stourbridge come and do a job got a good track record at this level Gary Hackett.

Yep, he won’t step down because once he does, he’s finished in management. No chairman with an ounce of common sense would touch him. 

It’s a shame, because from a non-footballing perspective, he’s bloody brilliant and a great bloke.

12 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Yep, he won’t step down because once he does, he’s finished in management. No chairman with an ounce of common sense would touch him. 

It’s a shame, because from a non-footballing perspective, he’s bloody brilliant and a great bloke.

Done an amazing job with barwell and atherstone. But again two small clubs that he didn't have much pressure. Boro different kettle of fish biggish club in non league perspective. I remember when Tommy Wright was manager wasnt great but wasnt that bad either but he was roasted by fans yet Jim has probably got away with few things. Hes probably been treated well by fans.

With the signings and money they’ve spent, he’s massively underachieved at Nuneaton.

The coaching set up their is woeful. 

Jimmy does no coaching at all. 

Steve (Assistant) only does 5 a side in training. That’s it. It’s no wonder they’re going backwards.

I'm completely baffled by the Carlton Palmer appointment at Grantham Town - it's a huge mistake.

The squad is absolute rubbish, full of players signed from the Northern Counties League, nowhere near good enough for the Northern Premier League, players signed from Goole, Handsworth, Maltby Main and Dronfield Town - they'd struggle in the division below.

Pre season results have been laughable - defeats to lower league Frickley, Bridlington, Ossett and Cleethorpes without scoring and even lost to their own academy side (!!!).

The whole of last season's squad has been released despite there being some decent players who have moved to clubs at the same level or higher.

Radcliffe away to start then home games with moneybags Buxton and a quality Basford side - can easily see 3 straight 5-0 + heavy defeats before the penny drops and Carlton chucks it in.

Feel sorry for him really, don't think he knows what he's let himself in for, the coaches have recruited the players for him and they are nowhere near good enough. Relegation an absolute certainty with the current setup.

47 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Chester v Curzon Ashton off due to covid outbreak in the Chester squad.

This is going to happen a lot this season through the football league period especially the ones who are part time. 

Isnt possible Chester could not field a youth team at least, otherwise like many they'll get a build up of fixtures.

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Relief for boro yesterday, equalised 92nd minute to earn 3-3 draw against biggleswade town. 

Possibly the weirdest game of football I’ve ever watched. 

Neither team really created many chances yet there were 6 goals. Lack of pace upfront will be Boro’s downfall this year.

On 15/08/2021 at 15:42, NuneatonFox1 said:

Possibly the weirdest game of football I’ve ever watched. 

Neither team really created many chances yet there were 6 goals. Lack of pace upfront will be Boro’s downfall this year.

Speaking to a lot of fans recently, a lot of fans are not optimistic about the season. Everyone can see with bang average squad with a manager whose probably managing a club too big. For me I can see being stuck at this level for some time unless theres changes.