Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Peterborough Sports spent all the money. I fancy Barwell to be in and around the playoffs. They’ve recruited exceptionally well bringing in Ben Stephens and a couple boys from Telford.

Stephens didn’t last long at Stratford then . Gash is the money signing at Pboro but a brilliant player 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

59 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Stephens didn’t last long at Stratford then . Gash is the money signing at Pboro but a brilliant player 

His best friend is at Barwell, it’s local and he will absolutely embarrass defenders at this level! Barwell are going to be a bit more liberal with the cash now they’ve got the 4G pitches going in. 

Gash is a great signing, averaged 1 in 3 at Kings Lynn. 

Peterborough Sports / Buxton double to be the outright winners is 30/1 on Bet365 is surely printing money. 

Terrible ref at the Coalville game last night. Firstly he us a penalty that has never been a penalty in a million years. He then spent the entire second half making amends by giving Tamworth soft free kicks and then giving our CB one of the softest red cards I have ever seen.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Terrible ref at the Coalville game last night. Firstly he us a penalty that has never been a penalty in a million years. He then spent the entire second half making amends by giving Tamworth soft free kicks and then giving our CB one of the softest red cards I have ever seen.

How many were there?

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I’m not sure what went on with the red card. It looked like swung his arm into his face but the Coalville players reactions would suggest there was little or no contact.

I think creaneys reaction got him sent off, just lay on the floor and didn’t move until the ref pulled out the red and then he jumps up as if there was nothing wrong with him.

As you say the officials were shocking though 

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’m not sure what went on with the red card. It looked like swung his arm into his face but the Coalville players reactions would suggest there was little or no contact.

I think creaneys reaction got him sent off, just lay on the floor and didn’t move until the ref pulled out the red and then he jumps up as if there was nothing wrong with him.

As you say the officials were shocking though 

I'd need to see it again, but the way I remember it I thought he may have accidentally caught him as he was on the way down from his header. I didn't notice any swinging motion or attempt to whack Creaney though. Like you say, the reaction is probably what's got him sent off.

The game was being filmed, so hopefully we can look at the footage and decide whether it's worth appealing. Not ideal losing the RB and a CB within 2 games of the start of the season.

When they're bad, they're really bad at this level. Luckily those kinds of officiating performances are generally few and far between.

I'm not convinced that the ref even seen it. The lino didn't give anything and it seemed to happen behind the ref. He sent him off on the reaction of the player and crowd. Rediculous penalty as well. Not seen many worst refs. Coalville lucky in the end to get a point. They looked excellent for the first 20 minutes then seemed to lose there way. 

37 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm not convinced that the ref even seen it. The lino didn't give anything and it seemed to happen behind the ref. He sent him off on the reaction of the player and crowd. Rediculous penalty as well. Not seen many worst refs. Coalville lucky in the end to get a point. They looked excellent for the first 20 minutes then seemed to lose there way. 

The lino was only 10-15 yards away so I'd have expected him to be flagging furiously if there had been anything, really weird.

Should have been out of sight in the first 20 for sure. Cracking hit by the young lad from Birmingham and then they had the rest of the half and first 15 of the 2nd half. I think our fitness would have seen us really take it to them in the last 15, but the red card just killed us.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The lino was only 10-15 yards away so I'd have expected him to be flagging furiously if there had been anything, really weird.

Should have been out of sight in the first 20 for sure. Cracking hit by the young lad from Birmingham and then they had the rest of the half and first 15 of the 2nd half. I think our fitness would have seen us really take it to them in the last 15, but the red card just killed us.

I definitely agree with that.
We were just coming back into the game and the Tamworth players were knackered. I could see us nicking the win but the red card killed the game for us.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Excited for our season to start. Always hard to gauge things from the pre-season, so I'm trying to not do that lol

Several matches postponed due to Covid:

Dover/Solihull

Wrexham/Yeovil

& Bromley/Grimsby

Why are matches still being postponed due to covid ?
Surely we’re at the stage now that you have to put a side out with the players who are available or forfeit the game 

25 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Why are matches still being postponed due to covid ?
Surely we’re at the stage now that you have to put a side out with the players who are available or forfeit the game 

The only trouble is some of these sides are still semi-professional, such as Dover.

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Excited for our season to start. Always hard to gauge things from the pre-season, so I'm trying to not do that lol

Several matches postponed due to Covid:

Dover/Solihull

Wrexham/Yeovil

& Bromley/Grimsby

I can understand games being called off, if say both teams are have got a number of covid cases especially semi pro clubs. But full time teams who also have an youth system... still arent able to get a team out is mad. Its bit like saying if Wrexham had six players out injured would the game be called off under them circumstances... no they either loan in some players or promote a few players from the youth.