Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 07/08/2021 at 17:48, Tuna said:

I'm completely baffled by the Carlton Palmer appointment at Grantham Town - it's a huge mistake.

The squad is absolute rubbish, full of players signed from the Northern Counties League, nowhere near good enough for the Northern Premier League, players signed from Goole, Handsworth, Maltby Main and Dronfield Town - they'd struggle in the division below.

Pre season results have been laughable - defeats to lower league Frickley, Bridlington, Ossett and Cleethorpes without scoring and even lost to their own academy side (!!!).

The whole of last season's squad has been released despite there being some decent players who have moved to clubs at the same level or higher.

Radcliffe away to start then home games with moneybags Buxton and a quality Basford side - can easily see 3 straight 5-0 + heavy defeats before the penny drops and Carlton chucks it in.

Feel sorry for him really, don't think he knows what he's let himself in for, the coaches have recruited the players for him and they are nowhere near good enough. Relegation an absolute certainty with the current setup.

Currently losing 7-2 at home to Lancaster City!

• Haha 1

2-1 defeat for Coalville at Rushden today. Last minute winner for them. We dominated the game after falling behind early on, but if we don't start becoming more ruthless in front of goal it's going to be a frustrating season.

There's a home double-header next weekend with Needham Market at on Saturday followed by a local derby on Bank Holiday Monday against Barwell for anyone that fancies it.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

2-1 defeat for Coalville at Rushden today. Last minute winner for them. We dominated the game after falling behind early on, but if we don't start becoming more ruthless in front of goal it's going to be a frustrating season.

There's a home double-header next weekend with Needham Market at on Saturday followed by a local derby on Bank Holiday Monday against Barwell for anyone that fancies it.

Can’t believe they didn’t win that, let alone loose it.

20 hours ago, adam said:

Have Anstey Nomads got some cash? What is big conrad doing playing for them. Surely even at his age he is better than that. 

They have yes but I don’t think it will much more than a lot of clubs at the top of their level now (after the rejig of the pyramid). 

They’ve got a very winnable cup tie versus Stone Old Alleynians at home 

Hyde 3-0 Grantham, shit again but by all accounts a better performance. Not at all good enough to compete at this level with this squad.

Drew Nantwich away in the FA Cup, about as bad a draw as you could get, so no FA Cup prize money.

South Shields away next up and I'm expecting double figures.

Edited by Tuna

On 24/08/2021 at 09:58, NuneatonFox1 said:

Anstey Nomads, Leicester Road & Coalville given home tie’s in the FA cup 1st qualifying round against Stone Old Alleyians, Hanley Town And Rushden respectively. 

Nuneaton away at Lichfield City which is a potential banana skin.

Yes a new ground for the boro, yep indeed possible banana skin considering they battered evesham utd in the last round. With our current form they must really fancy it.

Theres recently been dark cloud hovering the boro of late, some really strange rumours which have been denied by the club. I'm not sure what it is, if you have heard anything, 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes a new ground for the boro, yep indeed possible banana skin considering they battered evesham utd in the last round. With our current form they must really fancy it.

Theres recently been dark cloud hovering the boro of late, some really strange rumours which have been denied by the club. I'm not sure what it is, if you have heard anything, 

Yes mate, heard the rumours. If half are true, it would be like a comedy sketch. I do believe some if not most are nonsense, surely....?

But as the old saying goes, there’s no smoke without fire.

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Yes mate, heard the rumours. If half are true, it would be like a comedy sketch. I do believe some if not most are nonsense, surely....?

But as the old saying goes, there’s no smoke without fire.

What are the rumours ?