Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

On 25/08/2021 at 09:31, Tuna said:

Hyde 3-0 Grantham, shit again but by all accounts a better performance. Not at all good enough to compete at this level with this squad.

Drew Nantwich away in the FA Cup, about as bad a draw as you could get, so no FA Cup prize money.

South Shields away next up and I'm expecting double figures.

Even though I'm in this thread alot I didn't realise you were following Grantham?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

I won’t post as I don’t want to bring any trouble to Marks door through potential libel claims.

If you googled said clubs fans forum, they were posted on there mate.

Are we talking the covid related stuff or something else ? 
It looks like most of it’s been taken down 

18 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Even though I'm in this thread alot I didn't realise you were following Grantham?

Yeah I've finally outed myself lol

They're my local side, I've been following them properly since 2006, I just never really posted about it on here.

• Like 1

Grantham at South Shields today, toughest game of the season, South Shields full time professional (managed by former fox Graham Fenton and a squad featuring Conor Tee) and really going for it, the record defeat in the Northern Premier League in recent times was Chorley beating Droylsden 13-1 about 6 or 7 years ago - this could be an absolute hammering if early goals goes go in and the heads go down.

Edited by Tuna

19 hours ago, Tuna said:

Grantham at South Shields today, toughest game of the season, South Shields full time professional (managed by former fox Graham Fenton and a squad featuring Conor Tee) and really going for it, the record defeat in the Northern Premier League in recent times was Chorley beating Droylsden 13-1 about 6 or 7 years ago - this could be an absolute hammering if early goals goes go in and the heads go down.

4-1

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

4-1

Definitely would have taken that before the game and sounded like it was a decent performance in the second half.

Worst goal difference in the division and only Witton Albion keeping us off the bottom.

Basford at home on Monday, we have a good record against them at home and they are ravaged by injuries I just don't have any confidence in the team or management and can't' see anything other than another defeat.

12 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Only audio here and didn't hear much of that match at all.

Sounds like we did well to get the point.

Unbeaten in 3.

You defended very well to be fair. Goal wrongfully disallowed in the first half for Wrexham and Wooton took his header beautifully. Wrexham had a lot of the ball without really troubling your keeper, your team defended beautifully. Especially the barage of long throws from Ben Tozer.

Your left back/left wing back, Taylor, is the hands down the slowest footballer I have ever seen lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

You defended very well to be fair. Goal wrongfully disallowed in the first half for Wrexham and Wooton took his header beautifully. Wrexham had a lot of the ball without really troubling your keeper, your team defended beautifully. Especially the barage of long throws from Ben Tozer.

Your left back/left wing back, Taylor, is the hands down the slowest footballer I have ever seen lol

Thanks for the report. Happy to hear about the better defending. That's been the positive from this early part of this season. We have to continue to improve in that area if we are ever going to move up the ladder.

Taylor is a new signing and has been swapping with Chicksen at the position. Other than lack of pace, he's impressed the supporters.

39 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Thanks for the report. Happy to hear about the better defending. That's been the positive from this early part of this season. We have to continue to improve in that area if we are ever going to move up the ladder.

Taylor is a new signing and has been swapping with Chicksen at the position. Other than lack of pace, he's impressed the supporters.

He looked tidy enough on the ball, but incrddibly frustrating. He had plenty of space to run into, but kept checking back and passing back to the CBs. I see enough of that with Leicester :D

Ex coalville boy Mitchell looked tidy enough the few times he touched the ball, didn't have any shots but had a few good runs and help the ball well.

• Thanks 1