Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football 2021/22

39 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ll be at Alvechurch on Tuesday, I’m tempted do drive down to brackley as well. 
Ive not seen anything about tickets for it yet though 

Brackley tickets go on sale tomorrow. As they're a NL side they will probably be £15.

This is Eliot Putman's goal from yesterday. It's a brilliant strike.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Before he hit the shot you could see him weighing it up and then thinking, 'fcuk it', I'm shooting'.

Easily the best goal I've seen at Owen Street.

lol yeah thats definitely the thought process, very glad he landed on "**** it" haha

Not sure how long you've been going down, but the way he struck it reminded me of Cam Stuart. Technically miles above our level at the time but just didn't have the fitness to play higher. If putty has that kind of technique in the locker on a regular basis then that'll be huge for us.

Glad the club managed to pinpoint our weakest part of the pitch and bring in an upgrade. Hopefully it means kian can get back to playing cm 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol yeah thats definitely the thought process, very glad he landed on "**** it" haha

Not sure how long you've been going down, but the way he struck it reminded me of Cam Stuart. Technically miles above our level at the time but just didn't have the fitness to play higher. If putty has that kind of technique in the locker on a regular basis then that'll be huge for us.

Glad the club managed to pinpoint our weakest part of the pitch and bring in an upgrade. Hopefully it means kian can get back to playing cm 

My first game was the FA Cup replay v St Neots in 2018, that was a crazy game. 

Agreed, you could see that teams would target the left hand side. Kian's a decent footballer. He doesn't have the pace to play full back, but he's a good competitor in the middle of the park. We'll be solid at the back once Kalern is fit. He reckons he's about 2-3 weeks away.

You mean this fella...

1 minute ago, Gary Eatfood said:

My first game was the FA Cup replay v St Neots in 2018, that was a crazy game. 

Agreed, you could see that teams would target the left hand side. Kian's a decent footballer. He doesn't have the pace to play full back, but he's a good competitor in the middle of the park. We'll be solid at the back once Kalern is fit. He reckons he's about 2-3 weeks away.

You mean this fella...

Haha that was a horrible season for conceding late goals! Mad that we threw away 2 late goals in both ties.

You got a taste for the exciting games Steve brings early on though lol

Yeah thats the chap, absolute wand of a left foot. Im not exaggerating when I say that having a free kick within 25 yards was basically the same as having a penalty. His technique was absurd 

He scored a similar goal to yesterday's when we beat Alvechurch 9-0 to get promoted from the Midland Alliance. Still rising as it hit the next from something stupid like 35-40 yards lol

Kalern will be a big bonus when hes back for sure. Was good to see Gooch finally convert a couple of chances yesterday as well.

Drunkenly signed up for supporters coach to brackley yesterday, so we should be in good voice for that one haha

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I’m surprised they persisted with kian at left back for as long as they did. I was starting to think that the club were happy with him playing there.

As you say he’s far better in midfield but we’re pretty loaded up with decent CM’s now

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha that was a horrible season for conceding late goals! Mad that we threw away 2 late goals in both ties.

You got a taste for the exciting games Steve brings early on though lol

Yeah thats the chap, absolute wand of a left foot. Im not exaggerating when I say that having a free kick within 25 yards was basically the same as having a penalty. His technique was absurd 

He scored a similar goal to yesterday's when we beat Alvechurch 9-0 to get promoted from the Midland Alliance. Still rising as it hit the next from something stupid like 35-40 yards lol

Kalern will be a big bonus when hes back for sure. Was good to see Gooch finally convert a couple of chances yesterday as well.

Drunkenly signed up for supporters coach to brackley yesterday, so we should be in good voice for that one haha

I was limited to how many games I could attend that season as I still had a ST at the City, but the one's I got to were definitely entertaining, and sometimes frustrating.

Putman swung in the corner for the second goal yesterday so hopefully he's got a decent free kick on him too. We could do with being more threatening from set-pieces.

Shawey needs a goal too. Once he gets one he'll be flying I think.

Haha...should be a good laugh on the coach. I live in Wigston otherwise I'd be on it.

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Another home win for Coalville tonight. 3-1 against Alvechurch, although it could've easily been 7 or 8.

Up to third in the league and momentum is building ahead of our big FA Cup tie at Brackley on Saturday.

If gooch could finish, he'd comfortable score 2 or 3 a game lol

That was the Coalville I love to see, absolutely on fire and looking dangerous on every attack. Putman is an unbelievable signing, I can't believe that Barwell didn't have him on contract. Luckily he didn't play last week so he'll be available for Saturday which is massive.

Buzzing for the cup game now :D

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That was the Coalville I love to see, absolutely on fire and looking dangerous on every attack. Putman is an unbelievable signing, I can't believe that Barwell didn't have him on contract. Luckily he didn't play last week so he'll be available for Saturday which is massive.

I was saying that about putman last night, incredible player to pick up on a free. 
When Kalern is available again we will have a very strong side

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

If he could finish he probably wouldn't be at Coalville! Great player to watch.

Putman is the signing that completes the side. We'd made the 7-day approach by the time they played Chasetown, so I wonder if there was an agreement that he wouldn't play?

We're going into the Brackley game full of confidence and with nothing to lose.

9 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I was saying that about putman last night, incredible player to pick up on a free. 
When Kalern is available again we will have a very strong side

Kalern is about another 2 weeks away. Ironic that he escaped a nasty injury from a horrible tackle only to damage his ankle ligaments blocking a cross moments later.

Coalville lost 4-2 at Brackley despite twice leading. First half we were very good, but the second half was flat. They changed their shape and dominated the ball, but we never recovered from going behind after Billy Kee was caught napping with the ball on the edge of our box.

Time to concentrate on the league, and a very winnable game at Nuneaton who lost 4-0 at Stratford today in the cup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville lost 4-2 at Brackley despite twice leading. First half we were very good, but the second half was flat. They changed their shape and dominated the ball, but we never recovered from going behind after Billy Kee was caught napping with the ball on the edge of our box.

Time to concentrate on the league, and a very winnable game at Nuneaton who lost 4-0 at Stratford today in the cup.

Brackley definitely deserved winners. Coalville seemed to loose their way 2nd half after more than holding there own 1st half.