Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Getting top 4 regularly as the likes of Leipzig, Dortmund and Monaco do, means that these kind of signings become more achievable. Now we are relying on Daka being willing to forgo CL and choose us because he gets to play in a better league for a club challenging near the top and gets paid more money. It's not impossible he would choose the latter, I guess, but CL is a huge pull for top players.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

but CL is a huge pull for top players.

You forget that the Premier League is the real Champions League. With Leicester he can play in the Europe League against nice opponnents and in the league he has every few weeks Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal...

Edited by KingsleyPhiri
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm proud to be of miniscule mentality. 

download.jpeg.ea1337c7f777bea8558afeba8a32d70d.jpeg

And I bet you were jumping around your living room on May 15th.

It was never a choice anyway.  We went fro two targets and achieved one of them.

We lost the big prize though!!

If Liverpool really want him and offer a decent amount of opportunities then he'll end up there. If not then we have a good chance IF we're in for him. All this talk that he'll only want to sign for a club offering CL football is utter b*llocks, especially if a top 4 club aren't really in for him - he's still young and taking a massive step up from the Austrian League.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, turlo said:

If Liverpool really want him and offer a decent amount of opportunities then he'll end up there. If not then we have a good chance IF we're in for him. All this talk that he'll only want to sign for a club offering CL football is utter b*llocks, especially if a top 4 club aren't really in for him - he's still young and taking a massive step up from the Austrian League.  

Agree with this and the thing is I think he'd play just as regularly at Liverpool. As good as Firmino is at everything else he doesn't score enough goals and they really need a central striker to start chipping in with goals. Look at last season, as soon as Mane's form dropped the only person they could rely on for goals was Salah.

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Agree with this and the thing is I think he'd play just as regularly at Liverpool. As good as Firmino is at everything else he doesn't score enough goals and they really need a central striker to start chipping in with goals. Look at last season, as soon as Mane's form dropped the only person they could rely on for goals was Salah.

They have Jota , along with Salah ,Mané and Firmino probably the best , balanced strike force in Europe. I think their only weakness, when everybody is fit that is, is potentially in central midfield. Hence the association with Tielemans.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They have Jota , along with Salah ,Mané and Firmino probably the best , balanced strike force in Europe. I think their only weakness, when everybody is fit that is, is potentially in central midfield. Hence the association with Tielemans.

Jota, Salah and Mane all play out wide, the only one that tends to play centrally is Firmino and they have no decent back-up for him to speak of, nor like I say does he score enough goals. If Daka is as good as everyone thinks he is he'd play quite a lot at Liverpool. When everyone is fit and firing yes they have one of the best front three's around but despite that they have very little depth in attacking positions compared to say Man City and even Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yep sounds like they're after a more direct goal scorer as an upgrade on Origi, with Firmino moving into the 10 role at times.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

Extremely. Especially there are already nigerians in your team like Iheanacho or Ndidi. 

If Daka will move to Leicester, then it will be a public holiday in all of Zambia... 

We are certainly admired for our PL and FA Cup wins. But I wouldn't go this far!

We already have too many public holidays here!

• Like 2