Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you want to read a love story, go to the search function on this site, put @Ric Flair in the author field and Patson Daka in the contents field.

I feel like Gabrielle.

We need to add a disclaimer for the rest of the crap they'll end up reading too :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Reports that Eddie will see out his contract at Celtic.

That's next summer's striker sorted then.

would not be surprised if we've told him, see out your contract, join us next summer with a nice signing on fee

Edited by FrankieADZ

16 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Reports that Eddie will see out his contract at Celtic.

That's next summer's striker sorted then.

FFS I really wish he'd just go. Not necessarily for any great financial gain as we owe PSG a fair chunk of the money anyway. Not just him but a host of players from last season, it's time for them to go and they'll be forever tarnished with the heartless attempt a defending our title last season.

• Like 1

This is a feeding frenzy , as I said before Danny Ings would get 40 a season in the Austrian league and god knows how many Lewandowski would get. Like Édouard he obviously knows where the net is but until he has done a couple of months in the premiership we shouldn't get carried away. 10- 15 goals in his first season is about par for a good new premiership striker. See Ollie Watkins.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This is a great forum but one thing that does annoy me is people sneering down their nose at inferior leagues. It's football snobbery really and it's often the same folk who blow a gasket when Man Utd fans look down their nose at Leicester.

It's ridiculous really as there are always great players out there in weaker leagues who go on to the very top of the game.

Furthermore what do these people expect, Leicester to go out and buy a 20 goal a season striker off the shelf from another EPL club, Spain or Italy. That ain't ever happening.

This.  The French Ligue 2 is of a similar level to the Austrian Bundesliga and we signed Kante and Mahrez from there. Yet Ligue 1 is slightly higher and Mendy whilst not a flop hasn't had the same impact as French Ligue 2 counterparts.

Every signing is a gamble really regardless of which league they come from and 23 mill for us is still a significant.  You just try and negate the risk as much as possible by establishing as sophisticated and comprehensive scouting and recruitment system as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Maybe it’s back to diamond with marauding full backs!

Ricardo Fofana Soyunco Castagne

...................Ndidi

...Tielemans..............Soumaré 

................Maddison 

...........Daka..........Vardy

Barnes as the 10 alternative?

3 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

This.  The French Ligue 2 is of a similar level to the Austrian Bundesliga and we signed Kante and Mahrez from there. Yet Ligue 1 is slightly higher and Mendy whilst not a flop hasn't had the same impact as French Ligue 2 counterparts.

Every signing is a gamble really regardless of which league they come from and 23 mill for us is still a significant.  You just try and negate the risk as much as possible by establishing as sophisticated and comprehensive scouting and recruitment system as possible.

Well said, spot on.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Football is emotional and there is nothing wrong with fans getting carried away, he looks like one of the brightest prospects in Europe so people should feel entitled to be excited. Leicester aren't even my first team obviously and it's a signing that really excites me.

The 'x' would score 40/50 goals in 'x' league is such a lazy argument. The scottish league is the pits right and there are numerous players, strikers also have done well in England and came up here and flopped. It's not always black and white.

You think Dortmund fans weren't excited when they signed Haaland from the Austrian league? Barcelona fans weren't excited when they signed Neymar? I'm not saying Daka will be as good as either of them but it's the same principles.

we havent even signed him yet 

image.jpeg.2667d7663af402254a1c15c226c00d8d.jpeg

• Haha 1