Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Just now, Finnegan said:

Regards Fab, didn't he say previously that we'd agreed terms with Edouard and were just negotiating with Celtic to finalise it? Now he's claiming we've not bid for him? 

Nah I think he’s said we met personal terms with Edouard but Celtic are the problem

Just now, Finnegan said:

Regards Fab, didn't he say previously that we'd agreed terms with Edouard and were just negotiating with Celtic to finalise it? Now he's claiming we've not bid for him? 

“To be clear. Leicester are working to complete Patson Daka deal after official bid made to Salzburg - NOT Edouard, they’ve been negotiating for the Celtic striker but no agreement.”

Says we have negotiated for him but no agreement - sounds like we can’t agree a deal with Celtic

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Exciting if we have bid but remember we don't have a free run at this.  If Liverpool are serious, he goes there.

Not necessarily. He would disappear at Liverpool as he would be unlikely to displace any of their front 3. Comes to us and he will get first team games aplenty. Vardy likely to be used only 50% of the time - just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just now, murphy said:

Exciting if we have bid but we remember we don't have a free run at this.  If Liverpool are serious, he goes there.

I've not been following every post made by the Zambia mega fan on here (mostly because I didn't see him acknowledge that Daka would only be the second best Zambian born striker to play in the Premier League after the legendary Robert Earnshaw) but I understand the general gist of what he's been saying is that Daka isn't likely to go to Liverpool because he wants first team football if he's to make a big move to the Prem? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Think somewhere it was said that would be completed after Celtic announced Ozzy Preki. Obviously there's been a change of mind since then.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All of Zambia will become LCFC fans - can’t wait for the internet battles 

Can you even begin to imagine the scenes if Daka scored in 2-1 home defeat to Norwich? The chasm between ecstatic Zambians and suicidal Foxes would be measured in light years. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's played an overwhelmingly high percentage of games as a central striker. I did check whether or not he'd played to the left or right of Haaland when they were there together and even then he played down the middle I think as a 2.

Thats having taken a cursory glance at Transfermarkt however. 

@StriderHiryu or @Ric Flair might have seen stats that say contrary. Don't think so, though. 

Over the last 2 seasons, including whilst Haaland was there, Salzburg played 2 up front, in a 4222. He played either alongside Hwang or Haaland when he was there.

4-2-2-2-salzburg.png

He played in a pretty raucous 4-3 game against Liverpool when they came back 3-0 down to get back to 3-3 and then lost!

LINK

You can see the type of system that was used by Salzburg in that link too.

But it should be noted that the education of systems in the RB teams is very good. Dortmund play 4231 and Haaland slotted in immediately there. Daka has taken over from him since he left and in fact was the reason he was allowed to leave, as Leicester style they knew they already had his replacement at the club.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Over the last 2 seasons, including whilst Haaland was there, Salzburg played 2 up front, in a 4222. He played either alongside Hwang or Haaland when he was there.

He played in a pretty raucous 4-3 game against Liverpool when they came back 3-0 down to get back to 3-3 and then lost!

LINK

You can see the type of system that was used by Salzburg in that link too.

But it should be noted that the education of systems in the RB teams is very good. Dortmund play 4231 and Haaland slotted in immediately there. Daka has taken over from him since he left and in fact was the reason he was allowed to leave, as Leicester style they knew they already had his replacement at the club.

In that Anfield game Tbf he wasn't at his best, he got subbed off for Haaland and then Haaland got the equaliser no? 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

In that Anfield game Tbf he wasn't at his best, he got subbed off for Haaland and then Haaland got the equaliser no? 

Correct!

He's come on since then though. But for sure, this is why I think we should curtail our expectations a bit. He is a really promising player, but I would liken him to Mane when he joined Southampton... expect a bit of a settling in period. Ideal really when you've already got Vardy still able to play and Nacho finding his scoring boots. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

So I can get this right …. Fab said French Eddie was a done deal a few days ago? Now it’s not? But we are all buying the Daka story?? 

He didn’t say it was a done deal, just that it was advanced

Plenty of reasons it could have broken down when close (sell on clauses, payment schedules etc.), just look at what is going on with Spurs and managers

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

So I can get this right …. Fab said French Eddie was a done deal a few days ago? Now it’s not? But we are all buying the Daka story?? 

Fabrizio said we were pursuing the Edouard deal IIRC. Not that it was ever done.

• Thanks 1