Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

“To be clear. Leicester are working to complete Patson Daka deal after official bid made to Salzburg - NOT Edouard, they’ve been negotiating for the Celtic striker but no agreement.”

Says we have negotiated for him but no agreement - sounds like we can’t agree a deal with Celtic

....absolutely nothing wrong with a club playing hardball, he is their player after all, but I would have thought this was the easiest deal to be done!!!

Have Celtic re-evaluated his price, has the new boss said no sale until he has had a chance to look at his roster, or are we low balling them.

This looks like we need the input of @Muzzy_Larsson to give us the word on the streets of Glasgow.

Patson Daka is a player I didn't think we would actually try and sign.

I'm not joking if we pull this off I'm certain he will become 1 of the best strikers in the world he is that good.

Be amazing if we signed him and Eduoard unlikely thou.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....absolutely nothing wrong with a club playing hardball, he is their player after all, but I would have thought this was the easiest deal to be done!!!

Have Celtic re-evaluated his price, has the new boss said no sale until he has had a chance to look at his roster, or are we low balling them.

This looks like we need the input of @Muzzy_Larsson to give us the word on the streets of Glasgow.

I would imagine (and this is just speculation) that the hold up will be the sell on fee. 

Celtic usually do good business. They took a chance with putting this 30% sell on fee, hoping they would get a massive fee but contractual issues have prevented that so they won't make too much in this deal. I would imagine that they will try and make more down the road by insisting on a similar fee on future sales and we are not keen. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I would imagine (and this is just speculation) that the hold up will be the sell on fee. 

Celtic usually do good business. They took a chance with putting this 30% sell on fee, hoping they would get a massive fee but contractual issues have prevented that so they won't make too much in this deal. I would imagine that they will try and make more down the road by insisting on a similar fee on future sales and we are not keen. 

...I thought a player as good as Edouard would be in the £40m bracket!!!

The fact that he is at Celtic is a big discount (not being disparaging) and the length of his remaining contract reduces his price as well. To attempt to negotiate a sell on clause at this stage to a prospective buyer is "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted" and smacks of desperation.

Expected this to have been announced a long time ago and have long thought this deal would not happen, it just seemed too easy and made so much sense.

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Based on nothing other than Youtube videos, he looks much, much better than Eduoard. Purely based on that I hope we get him rather than Eddie!

There is more hype about this guy, but either would be great, especially given the likely prices of each. Shame we can’t go for both really! 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Are you havin a laugh?

I mean, great signing if it happens but...  Are you havin a laugh?

Deadly serious, he will be the unrivalled number 1 striker in the world inside 18 months.

You'll change your name to Kris Dakabusi

• Haha 2