Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

All quiet with regards Edouard at the moment in Glasgow, pretty weird tbh, I'd have thought him and Ajer would have been long gone by this stage.

Dangerous game if we are playing hard ball given he's only got a year to go and we don't exactly have a host of teams battering down the door for him. Confirmed interest in the form of bids anyway.

I don't think the new manager will have any say in Edouard's future whatsoever, as much as it pains me to say it he'll be a yes man and the decision to sell Edouard will be taken over his head for financial reasons.

It's sad the way it's ended for Edouard at Celtic as I and most fans are at the stage they just want him gone. He should have gone down in Celtic folklore but I think the lasting memories of him will be stinking the place out last season, as much as it pains me to say it.

....very reminiscent of the Monaco supporters reaction to Tielemans!!!

It is strange when you take someone to your heart and he lets you down and you feel he was never committed as much as you were. Very much of a risk if Celtic does not sell in this window, 

The question will be the reaction of the supporters reaction to seeing Edouard out on the pitch, looking like he was going through the motions although you have said he has a languid style and perhaps with perception it is not always what you see.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

He is exactly like Osimhen. Thats a good player to compare him. 

I've seen 100X more of Osimhen than Daka (I'm Nigerian), but from what I have seen there are some differences, imo. Both are very fast, but Patson is more technically skilled , while Victor is much more physical and imposing. I think Daka would be better with a partner up front, while Osimhen is probably suited to playing up front alone. His signing would make me think Leicester might keep the 3-5-2 shape they had in the second part of the season.

Edited by Neutral
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

No way. Bullshit. 

Truth is probably somewhere between the two values. 

23 up front rising to 30 with add ons. 

It's not a reflection of Daka's quality alone, it's the fact that an Austrian league club isn't exactly going to hold out for billions for a player. 

They only got 20ish for Haaland. 

Why is everyone ejaculating over a guy who has good numbers in the Austrian league?  Slimani had decent numbers in the Portugese league and Musa had decent numbers in the Russian league.  It doesn't mean it translates to the Premier league.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s an absolute beast. You’ll be screaming his name during intercourse, absolutely  guaranteed. 

Mentioning anyone’s name during intercourse is a rookie error - you’ll never get a 100% match for the name you utter and the person you’re with. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Hard to get too excited about someone that's only played in crap leagues tbh. Still, reading plenty of good things.

You wouldn’t have got excited if we signed Haaland before he moved to Dortmund?

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Why is everyone ejaculating over a guy who has good numbers in the Austrian league?  Slimani had decent numbers in the Portugese league and Musa had decent numbers in the Russian league.  It doesn't mean it translates to the Premier league.

his style fits in exactly with how we play. He’s an on fire Vardy, but taller and stronger.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Feel bad for taking the piss out of the bloke who was asking for patson daka to be released now.

5 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Joe Linton’s stats translated just fine! 

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It doesn't.

But there is certainly something a bit more about him with all the big clubs that have been sniffing around him all year - something neither Slimani or Musa had.

Last player to be putting up these kind of numbers for Salzburg was Haaland. Yes he probably wont be THAT level, but Salzburg have a good history of quality players coming through their ranks to go on and do well in the PL and other top leagues.

Also just look at how pissed off other teams fans are getting over this deal, there is a lot of hype around him

I was looking at the Austrian Bundesliga earlier and it turns out the last person to post Daka kind of numbers was a guy called Shon Weissman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shon_Weissman hasn't exactly gone well for him since.

Just thought it was curious. Anyone heard of him/know why it's gone bad for him or why he wasn't as hyped.

I'm all for Daka to be clear, reckon he will turn into a world class player. 

• Sad 1

So.. one reason I’m finding it hard to believe.. ok two reasons. One he’s so good.. the second Fabrizio Romano said that Edouard was a done deal on a couple of occasions.. now he says it isn’t.. so… until big Daddy sends a photo of him on an airplane.. I can’t accept it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Mentioning anyone’s name during intercourse is a rookie error - you’ll never get a 100% match for the name you utter and the person you’re with. 

Unless you say your own name… :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Maybe because some of us have the inclination to research the ability of players. Now, my knowledge of football players is up there but it's not very difficult for Daka to have caught the eye of even the casual football fan.

I've been raving about this lad since Haaland fcuked off last year and he's been every bit as good as him since he replaced him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino

For a club like us to be able to replace someone like Vardy this is the kind of player we have to look 

It’s a bit of a chance taking someone that pisses a lesser league from a club that pisses that league every year and his record in Europe isn’t great but all the ingredients are there and he’d have exactly the right coach