Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

So.. one reason I’m finding it hard to believe.. ok two reasons. One he’s so good.. the second Fabrizio Romano said that Edouard was a done deal on a couple of occasions.. now he says it isn’t.. so… until big Daddy sends a photo of him on an airplane.. I can’t accept it!

He didn't say it was a done deal, he's quite careful when he says that but he can make other links sound promising but he'll seldom say a player is pretty much signed and then they don't. 

Just now, MPH said:

So.. one reason I’m finding it hard to believe.. ok two reasons. One he’s so good.. the second Fabrizio Romano said that Edouard was a done deal on a couple of occasions.. now he says it isn’t.. so… until big Daddy sends a photo of him on an airplane.. I can’t accept it!

I’m kind of in the same boat. This lad is SO good it can’t surely be happening. I can’t allow myself the level of utter astonished joy his signing would cause until I hear it officially. Right now I am merely euphoric at the prospect. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I was looking at the Austrian Bundesliga earlier and it turns out the last person to post Daka kind of numbers was a guy called Shon Weissman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shon_Weissman hasn't exactly gone well for him since.

Just thought it was curious. Anyone heard of him/know why it's gone bad for him or why he wasn't as hyped.

I'm all for Daka to be clear, reckon he will turn into a world class player. 

Looking at that it is quite strange - just €4million to Valladolid (a pretty poor Spanish side)

Must have been something about him that wasn't good

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Maybe because some of us have the inclination to research the ability of players. Now, my knowledge of football players is up there but it's not very difficult for Daka to have caught the eye of even the casual football fan.

I've been raving about this lad since Haaland fcuked off last year and he's been every bit as good as him since he replaced him.

plus if the likes of RB Leipzig were after him too, so he certainly has the talent

Just now, moore_94 said:

Looking at that it is quite strange - just €4million to Valladolid (a pretty poor Spanish side)

Yeah, It's so strange. Literally never heard of him but he had a better goal scoring record than Daka, pretty much the same as Haaland over more games and is young. Every other player like that has gone for big money and been amazing. But he went to the Spanish second division and flopped. As you say, there must be something to explain it!

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

It’s good having stats, but this guy wasn’t talked about like Daka… as we know there is more to a player than just numbers, so yes something must not have got people excited like Haaland and Daka have. 

22 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Why is everyone ejaculating over a guy who has good numbers in the Austrian league?  Slimani had decent numbers in the Portugese league and Musa had decent numbers in the Russian league.  It doesn't mean it translates to the Premier league.

Musa scored 18 in 43 for Moscow the season before he came to us.  Daka has more than double that strike rate.

As for Slim, he actually scored a few for us and I still believe he would have scored goals in a team that played to his strengths and let's not forget that Vardy came from a pretty poor league.

I think it is accepted throughout the game that this kid is quite special but I think that there will be a twist to come.  I can't believe that Chelsea or Liverpool will let us have him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

The sentiments of a Spurs fan about this deal 😂

From another Spurs fan:

Leicester are doing everything we should be. We are a disgrace. Great signing if they pull it off  

I’m trying to find a space between the overly-euphoric and the haters ….. and based on the fact that I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play. Just a couple of highlights reels. My impressions are ….. he’s brave, tenacious, courageous. Keen to shoot. Two-footed and his movement looks good. My one reservation would be he doesn’t look that quick? Overall, signing any striker is always fabulously exciting and, given the comments form those that claim to have deeper knowledge of him, this is no exception. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

I’m trying to find a space between the overly-euphoric and the haters ….. and based on the fact that I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play. Just a couple of highlights reels. My impressions are ….. he’s brave, tenacious, courageous. Keen to shoot. Two-footed and his movement looks good. My one reservation would be he doesn’t look that quick? Overall, signing any striker is always fabulously exciting and, given the comments form those that claim to have deeper knowledge of him, this is no exception. 

That seems to contradict everything I have heard about him in the last couple of hours 

• Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

That seems to contradict everything I have heard about him in the last couple of hours 

One of the main things people seem to say about him is that he is absolutely rapid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

Literally never heard of the lad, good numbers and goals though. 

All our fans being happy about a transfer generally means it will be a disaster.

Yep. Usual form is the more meh the better. We were however all quite excited about fofana.