Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Just now, enmac said:

Apparently, he can play both wings as well as CF. Looks genuinely 2 footed. 

So not just a striker or a winger but an attacker. What a novel thought.:brendan_still::)

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

So it’s disingenuous to count Daka’s stats as a teen against him, but it’s okay to make a like for like comparison for his last two seasons against what Haaland did as a 17 and 18 year-old?

Again, think this would be a great signing.  I just feel like a little perspective wouldn’t be a bad thing, as well as realistic expectations.

when did i compare daka to haaland?

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

So it’s disingenuous to count Daka’s stats as a teen against him, but it’s okay to make a like for like comparison for his last two seasons against what Haaland did as a 17 and 18 year-old?

Again, think this would be a great signing.  I just feel like a little perspective wouldn’t be a bad thing, as well as realistic expectations.

Some players have a tendency to be exceptional at a very young age while others take longer but can reach that level. Daka is still only 22 and has only got better each season. There is every reason from what I’m hearing and what numbers he is putting up for a club like ours to be pretty excited by this. 23m isn’t a risk for a highly regarded player 

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

So not just a striker or a winger but an attacker. What a novel thought.:brendan_still::)

He’s played 6 games as a winger in his entire career.  It’s more a matter of extrapolation than track record.  He could be able to do it - but who knows.

If this comes off the club need to open an outlet in Zambia pronto. Likely pay for the transfer AND his wages. It’s an interesting country and it’s people are exceedingly friendly - unless you piss them off, but that goes for most all of us. 

Anyway - Daka shirts would do bits. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Some players have a tendency to be exceptional at a very young age while others take longer but can reach that level. Daka is still only 22 and has only got better each season. There is every reason from what I’m hearing and what numbers he is putting up for a club like ours to be pretty excited by this. 23m isn’t a risk for a highly regarded player 

Indeed it isn’t.  At that price he’s a great get, no question.  I just don’t think it’s realistic to compare him to the likes of Haaland or Mbappe, based on his stats or anything else.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Indeed it isn’t.  At that price he’s a great get, no question.  I just don’t think it’s realistic to compare him to the likes of Haaland or Mbappe, based on his stats or anything else.

No one is comparing, those are the two best young players in the world. But with the talk around this lad it sounds like he is a huge talent. I’m bringing Haaland in because people are posting failed players from these lower leagues… while things can also go completely the other way. No-one has said he will be as good as Haaland here 

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He’s played 6 games as a winger in his entire career.  It’s more a matter of extrapolation than track record.  He could be able to do it - but who knows.

Exactly. Was going to question where this has come from as I've known of him for a couple of years and always thought he was an out and out striker

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I was only going on Transfermarkt. Main position CF, minor LW/RW. However have seen some clips where he goes down both channels. A bit like JV running down the left wing. You obviously know more about him than me but I could see him starting on the RW initially. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No one is comparing, those are the two best young players in the world. But with the talk around this lad it sounds like he is a huge talent. I’m bringing Haaland in because people are posting failed players from these lower leagues… while things can also go completely the other way. No-one has said he will be as good as Haaland here 

Oh, some are comparing...

Just now, enmac said:

I was only going on Transfermarkt. Main position CF, minor LW/RW. However have seen some clips where he goes down both channels. A bit like JV running down the left wing. You obviously know more about him than me but I could see him starting on the RW initially. 

I don’t think you sign a guy who made a name for himself as a coveted young striker and immediately stick him at a position he’s almost never played.  But that would be a very Rodgers thing to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Oh, some are comparing...

Well okay, I’m just going to say I feel from how this lad is being talked about, it is more likely he is going to be a success rather than a dud. Add the fact it seems we have been interested for a while and our eye for getting in talented players, I’m pretty excited. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Pre season friendly warm up games ….. Leicester Vs Leicester

Team 1

Ward, Justin, Castagne, Benkovic, Evans, N’Didi, Maddison, Soumare,  Gosens, Vardy, Iheanacho

Team 2

Kasper, Ricardo, Thomas, Fofana, Soyuncu, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes, Albrighton, Daka

Team 3

Iversen, Knight, Hughes, Campbell, Amartey, Praet, Choudhury, Ghezzel, Tavares, Hirst, Leshabela

Team 4

Jakupovic, Clark, Flynn, Nelson, Dasilva, Dewsbury Hall, , Suengchittawon, Sowah, Muskwe, Eppiah, Reghba

…… still need to fit Coutinho, Bertrand, Eduardo and Trincao is to these training games as well :ph34r:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I actually think we'll revert to a 433 a lot this season if we can get Barnes fit

There will be a lot of games, and rotation will be needed. Nacho Vardy, Barnes and Daka will get used a lot throughout the season. 

35 minutes ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

https://zambianfootball.co.zm/game-is-the-reason-why-patson-daka-settled-for-leicester-city/zfadmin/

Zambian forward Patson Daka,21 have opted to join English Premier League side Leicester City because they guarantee him game time, the ZamFoot Crew can exclusively reveal.

According to the ZamFoot Crew sources, Daka’s handlers held talks with a host of English teams including West Ham and Liverpool about a possible deal but it was Leicester who offered the much-needed game time.

“Yes, talks with several various clubs which have been mentioned were held but his handlers made it clear that he was only to join a club which was going to offer him game time,” a ZamFoot Crew source said.

“For instance one of the big clubs held talks with his people and both sides were honest with each other.

The club were eager to sign him but didn’t see him as a first-choice center forward. They wanted him to start as a fringe player. But his management didn’t agree with that proposal.”

With that background, it was agreed that King Power Stadium was the right destination for the Kafue native.

Can confirm they hate that on football manager 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Or a fluent forward 3 out of Daka/ Vardy/ Barnes/ Nacho

Agreed. Rodgers had Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez at Liverpool didn't he. He obviously prefers this style with the right players available.