Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Very excited by this signing, I do wonder if we have changed our plans during the window in terms of how we are going to play next season?

Daka is not like-for-like with Edouard, as pointed out, Daka is more Vardy-esque. 

Utterly mind-blowing signing :scarf:

I'm extremely excited too - If I'm honest I'm not sure why as I've never seen the lad play in a live game BUT my lad says he's the absolute Dogs and he's never wrong. 

Perhaps we have stepped up into that Top 6 slot - If I was an outside player I'd loved to have played for this Leicester City Team and Club 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

I’ve been scouting around various betting sites for odds on this happening. From what I can see there’s a market yet Leicester aren’t in the running. Has anyone stumbled across any odds for this yet?

Screenshot_20210618-063546.jpg

Really hope we get this guy, would be a fantastic signing IMO.

Word of caution though as it seems that most on here are talking as if he's already our player. Let's get him signed first before getting too excited.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

If this comes off the club need to open an outlet in Zambia pronto. Likely pay for the transfer AND his wages. It’s an interesting country and it’s people are exceedingly friendly - unless you piss them off, but that goes for most all of us. 

Anyway - Daka shirts would do bits. 

At least the name printing on the back of the shirt will be as cheap as chips. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Manuel Veth (@ManuelVeth) Tweeted: An update on Patson Daka to Leicester City. It’s indeed advanced but not done at this point. #LCFC have made an offer, which has not been accepted yet. Internally, #RBSalzburg and Red Bull had different plans for the striker wanting to move him to #RBLeipzig.

Sounds like it's not done just yet. Just that Daka does want to join us. Fee still to be agreed and we know that can go wrong.

This guy looks like. Apure Vardy replacement from the videos. It's much easier to see how he would fit into our systems than Édouard would. 

I can see him playing the right side of a front 3 or with two up top. 

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

not sure how credible this guy is but it looks far from done? Hope we get this over the line! 🤞

I think he’s from Transfermarkt and was taking hinting he was planned to go to Leipzig when the news broke. Tanner and Blackwell also were pouring a tiny bit of cold water on it last night.

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Reminds me of the excitement when Kramaric was signed. Perhaps it’s time to start discussing whether he’ll score 2 goals or 3 in his first match.

If it's not at least 3 he can f**k right off!!

47 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Really hope we get this guy, would be a fantastic signing IMO.

Word of caution though as it seems that most on here are talking as if he's already our player. Let's get him signed first before getting too excited.

Until he's spotted in the biscuits and crisps aisle in Morrisons I'd be very cautious.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

I hope we’ve got all our ducks in a row with his agent 

This bit we probably have. And he's clearly available. He'll have said his preference - he wants to play in the Premier league, his hero is Drogba and he will want some assurances about being first choice. Which is probably why he chose us - Liverpool won't offer him that.

If Salzburg start upping the price then that could scupper it but they're not renowned for being difficult or not looking after their players.

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Until he's spotted in the biscuits and crisps aisle in Morrisons I'd be very cautious.

Well my mate saw him in an estate agents in Oadby yesterday.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I hope we’ve got all our ducks in a row with his agent 

It is almost certainly the Red Bull angle we need to get in a row. 

20 minutes ago, DezFox said:

not sure how credible this guy is but it looks far from done? Hope we get this over the line!

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/status/1405752470471528448?s=20

🤞

Looking at his various tweets from the past few hours, Daka definitely wants to come here, it's just about us clinching the deal. A bit of stalling from Salzburg to drive up the price I am guessing. 

• Like 1

Deals between Salzburg and Leipzig are done swiftly, like selling a house privately. The fact he hasn't gone there is telling, he doesn't want to and I'm not sure Leipzig are quite the move they were for a few of their players in previous years.

He's on his way.

• Like 4