Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Just now, Hollyfox said:

I think if we keep what we've got, move a couple of fringe players out for a few quid and get the targets that we're heavily linked to, then I think top 4 is very doable. 

Considering we've been a top 4 side for 2 seasons and fell away at the death both times due to lack of squad depth

Agree mate and the way things are looking we could be as strong as all but 1 or 2 teams but I’d rather not expect so much as it will be extremely difficult. I do expect a much better showing in the europa league which could be a great chance for us to get champions league 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Brendan knew he was going to be backed on top of the fine squad, or at least 1st 13 or 14 players, he already had. 

We're going to be a serious side next season imo but, this in turn, will increase expectations amongst our fans 

My friend we will have people on here calling for sackings next season if we don't win the champions league, expect meltdown if we do not win the community shield

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

My friend we will have people on here calling for sackings next season if we don't win the champions league, expect meltdown if we do not win the community shield

You're not far wrong there😄

I Do want that community shield though. 

Kasper/Youri lifting a big piece of silverware in the glorious August, Wembley sunshine, with the reflection coming off Pep's well oiled, baldy head. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m surprised bigger clubs don’t just hijack our

deals when you consider our recent track record. 

More hits that misses but still a gamble 

might end up with a Perez, Silva, slimani, musa, Ibora, ghezzal, benkovic

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

You're not far wrong there😄

I Do want that community shield though. 

Kasper/Youri lifting a big piece of silverware in the glorious August, Wembley sunshine, with the reflection coming off Pep's well oiled, baldy head. 

Please 👍

52 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It is so strange. It’s annoying cos I am interested to see actual fans are commenting but just can’t get through the barrage of inane tweets from the weirdos.

I find it’s better to look at quote tweets

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

If you'll bear with me a while, I'm really glad we're not one of the big clubs...

By that I mean one of the 10-15 who are bigger than us, the ones who can't afford to buy unproven talent. Imagine being a Liverpool or Chelsea fan and missing out on Daka because you can't promise him game time?! The 'big' clubs buy the Werners, Salahs, Pogbas and Diases of this world - oven ready top 4 and CL competitors. I hope we don't become like them even if we become more successful. I'd rather be the English Dortmund than one of the entitled six or wannabe super leaguers. Does that make sense?

Total sense, Dortmund are a big club though we are a big club just not the biggest club which suits me 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gerard said:

With a great leap and deceptively strong apparently.

Still reminds me of Benteke before the injuries but Daka is way more superior technically. Best of both worlds.

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Players themselves are starting to wise up to this. Here's a few players who had tenuous or even strong links to us and how they've faired:

- William Saliba. has not made a single appearance for Arsenal and loaned back twice to France.

- Hakim Zyech. Bit part player for Chelsea.

- Donny van de Beek. Bit part player for Man United.

- Alex Telles. Squad depth for Man United.

If instead these guys signed for Leicester, I bet they would all have smashed it out of the park and then got another move like Mahrez, Kante, Chilwell, Maguire, etc.

It will be interesting to see what happens as our stock continues to rise. I've always felt Gosens would choose someone else over us, but looking at Telles as a direct example, maybe he could be convinced after all... 

@JonRudkin@[email protected]