Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

If you'll bear with me a while, I'm really glad we're not one of the big clubs...

By that I mean one of the 10-15 who are bigger than us, the ones who can't afford to buy unproven talent. Imagine being a Liverpool or Chelsea fan and missing out on Daka because you can't promise him game time?! The 'big' clubs buy the Werners, Salahs, Pogbas and Diases of this world - oven ready top 4 and CL competitors. I hope we don't become like them even if we become more successful. I'd rather be the English Dortmund than one of the entitled six or wannabe super leaguers. Does that make sense?

Yes, totally. I said after we missed out on to 4, while it would have been nice I dont want us to become a club where top 4 is the be all and end all of the season.

Chasing that is what has ruined spurs and arsenal, rather than accepting a year or two lull while thr regroup and go again they make bad decision after bad decision trying to maintain their failing status. Plus it turns the fans against the ownership as they're demanding it, they become delusional, then you end up with a huge crash and disaster like what your seeing at spurs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I swear they love posting this shit when they know we're waiting for an announcement or three.

If you look under his paw it says Daka, 5 years deal. The sneaky so and so's. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

I am excited by prospect of this signing, obviously the potential is there for him to turn into a world class striker.... I’m just unsure if this might be too quick of a step up for him. I’m getting the same uneasy feeling I had before Perez was announced and Silva.

I hope he does work out for us and is the future successor for Vardy when he retires. 

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Total sense, Dortmund are a big club though we are a big club just not the biggest club which suits me 

Agreed. I’ve loved watching us sign Maddison Ricardo Tielemans Soyuncu Fofana & Justin (to name a few) and watching them exceed expectations.

If you’re spending £60m+ on a player, how can they possibly surprise you? Other than in a bad way?!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

I am excited by prospect of this signing, obviously the potential is there for him to turn into a world class striker.... I’m just unsure if this might be too quick of a step up for him. I’m getting the same uneasy feeling I had before Perez was announced and Silva.

I hope he does work out for us and is the future successor for Vardy when he retires. 

You're comparing the excitement around this signing to the signing of Perez???! I remember there was a huge amount of scepticism when Perez signed, which has proven to be quite justified given his largely mediocre performances for us.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, dayday said:

We need to improve immensely to achieve top 4, we have looked seriously shit for a while now especially as an attacking unit, it’s good that we strengthening in the right areas otherwise it will be a downward spiral.

So seriously shit that the last two season we finished a cumulative 5 points off the top 4🤣

36 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're comparing the excitement around this signing to the signing of Perez???! I remember there was a huge amount of scepticism when Perez signed, which has proven to be quite justified given his largely mediocre performances for us.

Almost universal agreement at the Perez transfer that we'd paid three times over the odds....and that viewpoint has turned out to be more or less accurate 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dayday said:

We need to improve immensely to achieve top 4, we have looked seriously shit for a while now especially as an attacking unit, it’s good that we strengthening in the right areas otherwise it will be a downward spiral.

You joking?