Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Could be one of the signings of the summer if we get this done. Never guaranteed he will be a star in the Premier league but he seems like he has the ability to be a top class player and if it is only £20m then there is little to lose anyway. 

3 hours ago, dayday said:

I said as an attacking unit, you can come out with all you rubbish and say join a Spurs forum.

But it’s not all rosy and hasn’t been for a while , I say what I see.

We miss Barnes big time, but we still need more

Our team as it stands is not top 4 , nowhere near.

Agree, it's not the strikers we lack but creativity. We look a different side with a fully firing Barnes and Maddison in the side and w3e've missed them terribly. Without them we've looked like plodders going forward.

Just want to see a back four again with attacking fullbacks and creativity behind the striker.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Could be one of the signings of the summer if we get this done. Never guaranteed he will be a star in the Premier league but he seems like he has the ability to be a top class player and if it is only £20m then there is little to lose anyway. 

One of the 2 agents (one closest and itk) had the fee down as $41mil = £29mil 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

I am excited by prospect of this signing, obviously the potential is there for him to turn into a world class striker.... I’m just unsure if this might be too quick of a step up for him. I’m getting the same uneasy feeling I had before Perez was announced and Silva.

I hope he does work out for us and is the future successor for Vardy when he retires. 

....not sure why you would have had any trepidation regarding signing Silva and I would have suspected the answer to the question regarding Perez was "who"!!!

Silva was a quality player and had the experience we needed and the ability to dictate the midfield, offering an obvious rise in the standards we were pushing to attain. The fact that circumstances took all that away was not down to a failing on his part, and the months he missed on the sidelines and the mental aspect of his force isolation did not help matters. 

Perez was right out of left field and the only opinion anyone could have formed, would have been, what was the thinking behind this and only surpassed by bemused looks and the constant refrain of, "who is he, again...."!!

Hard to imagine you had the same thoughts on both players when their circumstances were so different. 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why you would have had any trepidation regarding signing Silva and I would have suspected the answer to the question regarding Perez was "who"!!!

Silva was a quality player and had the experience we needed and the ability to dictate the midfield, offering an obvious rise in the standards we were pushing to attain. The fact that circumstances took all that away was not down to a failing on his part, and the months he missed on the sidelines and the mental aspect of his force isolation did not help matters. 

Perez was right out of left field and the only opinion anyone could have formed, would have been, what was the thinking behind this and only surpassed by bemused looks and the constant refrain of, "who is he, again...."!!

Hard to imagine you had the same thoughts on both players when their circumstances were so different. 

Sorry to poo on your weird anti perez Pro Silva narrative in a thread on patson daka but Perez had scored 12 Premier league goals the season before we signed him including one against us. He had also scored and assisted against us the season before maybe I'm not a Portuguese or Israeli league boffin like you but I was a lot more aware of perez than I was Silva. 

yes there was some unfortunate circumstances but I would strongly argue with you that Silva was a "quality player" who could dictate a midfield" which one of his games for us did he prove he could do that in the Premier league? 

but he was hear for 2 years and played under 3 different managers, none of which thought he was any good. He ended up spending two years on loan at Monaco (who didn't want to sign him) and finally we had to pay his contract out because no one would buy him. 

Whilst I will admit overall Perez has been disappointing he scored 8 goals in his first season, won the FA cup this season (playing every round). And is trusted by our most successful manager. 

Your off your head if you think Silva is a better signing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

If that’s true, absolutely amazing business. It’ll be improved if he proves he’s worth it. 

Heard ‘Musa was the new Vardy’ from a few people. These Leeds lads are also adamant Phillips (decent player) is a better defensive midfielder than N’Didi lol

edit: anyone can spray the easy balls around. Find a winger 50yrs away unmarked, I can do that and I play semi-pro. I am shit at football :ph34r:

Double edit: I’m from Leeds, get nowhere near Semi Pro there. Moved rural and the options are limited. Managed to blag £100 a game. If I moved home I’d be paying £5 to play. I genuinely am shit 😂

That resume is probably decent enough to get you on love island, well if you’re also a Instagram model  ofc

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

That resume is probably decent enough to get you on love island, well if you’re also a Instagram model  ofc

As well as being sh!t at football, I’m not a looker. No Love Island for me pal.

Guest Bert Fill
5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sorry to poo on your weird anti perez Pro Silva narrative in a thread on patson daka but Perez had scored 12 Premier league goals the season before we signed him including one against us. He had also scored and assisted against us the season before maybe I'm not a Portuguese or Israeli league boffin like you but I was a lot more aware of perez than I was Silva. 

yes there was some unfortunate circumstances but I would strongly argue with you that Silva was a "quality player" who could dictate a midfield" which one of his games for us did he prove he could do that in the Premier league? 

but he was hear for 2 years and played under 3 different managers, none of which thought he was any good. He ended up spending two years on loan at Monaco (who didn't want to sign him) and finally we had to pay his contract out because no one would buy him. 

Whilst I will admit overall Perez has been disappointing he scored 8 goals in his first season, won the FA cup this season (playing every round). And is trusted by our most successful manager. 

Your off your head if you think Silva is a better signing. 

But you’re just replacing someone else’s ‘weird anti-Perez, pro-Silva narrative’ with a ‘weird anti-Silva, pro-Perez narrative’ of your own!

The truth, as always, is surely somewhere in between.

Silva was an international footballer who was completely screwed by the balls-up over his transfer. He was and remains very obviously a tidy little player absolutely perfect for a tiki-taka team, though maybe not an absolutely top-level one. Why we signed him I’m not sure, as we certainly weren’t that, but any chance he did have of the move working was probably knackered by all the transfer crap. 

Perez was and remains a perfectly decent footballer who will put in the shift he’s asked to do, chip in with the odd goal, and can look very good when his team’s playing well. But he’s not going to pull up many trees. When we signed him most people’s thought was probably ‘oh yeah, he’s that annoying one who always scores against us.’ That was certainly my thought.

But what do I know?

I don’t despise either of them, so I probably don’t really belong on FT. I feel sorry for Silva over the transfer shenanigans, I think he’s quite a good player and I wish him well; I quite like Perez but think he’s probably not really good enough for where we want to be.

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If that’s true, absolutely amazing business. It’ll be improved if he proves he’s worth it. 

Heard ‘Musa was the new Vardy’ from a few people. These Leeds lads are also adamant Phillips (decent player) is a better defensive midfielder than N’Didi lol

edit: anyone can spray the easy balls around. Find a winger 50yrs away unmarked, I can do that and I play semi-pro. I am shit at football :ph34r:

Double edit: I’m from Leeds, get nowhere near Semi Pro there. Moved rural and the options are limited. Managed to blag £100 a game. If I moved home I’d be paying £5 to play. I genuinely am shit 😂

That’s enough to get an interview for the Spurs job if you’re interested.. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I  would say that's a very, very special skill

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

But you’re just replacing someone else’s ‘weird anti-Perez, pro-Silva narrative’ with a ‘weird anti-Silva, pro-Perez narrative’ of your own!

The truth, as always, is surely somewhere in between.

Silva was an international footballer who was completely screwed by the balls-up over his transfer. He was and remains very obviously a tidy little player absolutely perfect for a tiki-taka team, though maybe not an absolutely top-level one. Why we signed him I’m not sure, as we certainly weren’t that, but any chance he did have of the move working was probably knackered by all the transfer crap. 

Perez was and remains a perfectly decent footballer who will put in the shift he’s asked to do, chip in with the odd goal, and can look very good when his team’s playing well. But he’s not going to pull up many trees. When we signed him most people’s thought was probably ‘oh yeah, he’s that annoying one who always scores against us.’ That was certainly my thought.

But what do I know?

I don’t despise either of them, so I probably don’t really belong on FT. I feel sorry for Silva over the transfer shenanigans, I think he’s quite a good player and I wish him well; I quite like Perez but think he’s probably not really good enough for where we want to be.

Silva was a panic signing to replace Drinkwater. Simple as that.