Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Doesn't it snow in Austria? 

Er just a bit.  But the season closes from mid-December until mid-March.

What I love and enjoy most about this signing is that we are sticking to our business model of taking calculated risks by signing players from smaller leagues as opposed to going for big-name/flashy signings, whilst discovering a huge fan base of passionate fans who are not only willing to support their player, but our club as well. :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Iran said:

What I love and enjoy most about this signing is that we are sticking to our business model of taking calculated risks by signing players from smaller leagues as opposed to going for big-name/flashy signings, whilst discovering a huge fan base of passionate fans who are not only willing to support their player, but our club as well. :)

Big name flashy signings won’t come here 

a) we won’t want to commit to a huge contract for five years until a player had come and earned it here.

b) we don’t pay transfer fees for flashy big names !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

When he’s bedded in and we are going for a CL palace again then I’d happily increase his pay from £50k per week.

We can’t just pay every player £5m per season because we are fighting for CL regularly. They need to have proved they can compete at that level first.

He would be saying that he has more than proved himself. 

Again, I go back to the fact that we can't climb the leugue from13th to 5th (5th regularly) and to expect to play these quality players salaries that, let's say we were in 13th and not 5th, then these players move on to Liverpool ect because we would then be out of that players leugue.  

If the deal is top ended in add ons than fantastic and the salary goes down. 

I'm aware as any fan that we have a high salary as a prem team. I would like to add though that generally where you are in life then you tend to fit the surroundings.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Wouldn’t that depend upon the add ons?

Yep exactly. It's a guess that the add ons would be around 6-7m in this case. 

I thought Daka was a £40mil touted player since the seasons end. 

You think £6-7m is a lot? (add ons isn't my forte I.e how you break it down)

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Yep exactly. It's a guess that the add ons would be around 6-7m in this case. 

I thought Daka was a £40mil touted player since the seasons end. 

You think £6-7m is a lot? (add ons isn't my forte I.e how you break it down)

What’s this talk about Constantin Eckner saying Leipzig haven’t accepted a bid? I thought things had been accepted, just paper work not yet signed.

6 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

What’s this talk about Constantin Eckner saying Leipzig haven’t accepted a bid? I thought things had been accepted, just paper work not yet signed.

If you are in the know can you tell us what the accepted bid was and add ons? Thanks 

23 minutes ago, turlo said:

Romano will have to foot the bill if this doesn't happen now. 

No worry, it's a done deal. 

If Fabrizio and Telegraph hadn't made it public, they wouldn't know anything about it to this day.

Edited by KingsleyPhiri
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

He would be saying that he has more than proved himself. 

Again, I go back to the fact that we can't climb the leugue from13th to 5th (5th regularly) and to expect to play these quality players salaries that, let's say we were in 13th and not 5th, then these players move on to Liverpool ect because we would then be out of that players leugue.  

If the deal is top ended in add ons than fantastic and the salary goes down. 

I'm aware as any fan that we have a high salary as a prem team. I would like to add though that generally where you are in life then you tend to fit the surroundings.

Big difference between the Austrian and PL. 

You only fit into those surroundings if you can afford them, Signing a player and boosting thir salary fifteen fold before they've even kicked a ball is not good business. imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingsleyPhiri said:

Salzburg is behind Leicester :appl:

You just have to look at which top players have grown up at Leicester over the past 5 years. That's a house number. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Patson joins them. Extremely speaks for the scouting work in Leicester. Kante to Chelsea for 36 million. Mahrez to Man City for almost 70 million, Chillwell to Chelsea for 50 million Maguire to Manchester United for just under 90 million With Tielemans, Ndidi and Fofana the next ones are already ready. Leicester and Leipzig don't really take anything from each other. Both with a clearly visible and functioning philosophy, as well as an excellent player development. I see more advantages at Leicester because of the league. Especially for someone from Zambia who does not have any language problems. After all the transfers to Germany, this is really balm for the Salzburg soul.

where is this from?

I said in the transfer thead not too long ago that I’d noticed fabrizo repeating other itks, I must admit I’m a little concerned he could turn out to be a fraud. 

He obviously has some contacts in the game but he’s a long way off John Percy for accuracy for me. 

He makes a lot of speculative claims and words them cleverly. I’m really praying this doesn’t turn out to be a gamble on his part 

Edited by Lambert09

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I said in the transfer thead not too long ago that I’d noticed fabrizo repeating other itks, I must admit I’m a little concerned he could turn out to be a fraud. 

He obviously has some contacts in the game but he’s a long way off John Percy for accuracy for me. 

He makes a lot of speculative claims and words them cleverly. I’m really praying this doesn’t turn out to be a gamble on his part 

while he is definitely less reliable than he used to be, normally when hes say his 'here we go' slogan, hes right. 

44 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

where is this from?

My money is Enderby?   Unglaublich. Dieser Man ist etwas anders.

• Like 1