Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Just now, Heymister2015 said:

Yeah can’t have a £12m keeper sat on the bench! We can potentially make a small profit. We weren’t get that chance again after being sat on the bench for a whole season 

All depends on what's behind Ward and if Rodgers has confidence in them. Cups are a big deal.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

All depends on what's behind Ward and if Rodgers has confidence in them. Cups are a big deal.

Yeah true! Although from what I gather the Turkish number 1 is one they’ve scouted hard and looking at! Despite a poor tournament very young and very highly rated. 

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Yeah can’t have a £12m keeper sat on the bench! We can potentially make a small profit. We weren’t get that chance again after being sat on the bench for a whole season 

Only just spotted the transfer thread... Hard disagree from me, unless we can make a profit (which is unlikely given Liverpool's reported sell-on fee). Need a keeper of his quality on the bench and ready for cups. Unless Iversen is ready to make the step up from lower league loans?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Need minimum 2 more of Soumare/Daka quality. If we can sell Ghezzal, ward, choudhary and free up more funds and wages a £40m winger might not be out of the question 

Unless we sell Maddison or Soyuncu I think you're being extremely optimistic. 40m is already almost double what we usually spend without selling. Can't see it happening. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Unless we sell Maddison or Soyuncu I think you're being extremely optimistic. 40m is already almost double what we usually spend without selling. Can't see it happening. 

The club might realise they may need to if they want to break into the top four 

51 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Need minimum 2 more of Soumare/Daka quality. If we can sell Ghezzal, ward, choudhary and free up more funds and wages a £40m winger might not be out of the question 

At least 1 more centre back, we had more centre back combinations than Liverpool last season which is saying something

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

This is what Jordan at the Mercury thinks … 

0FB37048-A8D2-4DAC-8944-AE61E22BF4B7.jpeg

I think we still need a winger and a CB, Gosens is probably regrettably out of reach now, but if we managed to get Berardi (still pie in the sky I know) or someone of that ilk we’d still probably have our best ever window. Daka and Soumare is already so good, just need announcing soon then probably one or two after the euros

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think if you go 2 up top, you need wingers even more, not less. 

With 2 strikers, you often tend not to have a No.10, so the creativity comes from out wide.

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

I think if you go 2 up top, you need wingers even more, not less. 

With 2 strikers, you often tend not to have a No.10, so the creativity comes from out wide.

Depends if you go for a straight 4-4-2 or a 3-4-1-2?  (I am of course, discounting the 4-3-1-2 diamond...)

Edited by PhillippaT

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

What ? 90% + of players are not their boyhood club 

Of course they aren't. But the Daka camp have made more than enough remarks along the lines of "his boyhood club", and "their loss" without promoting any positive comments about his new club. Its slightly discerning is my point 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Patson Daka-weyo
Patson Daka-weyo
Patson Daka-weyo
and his black and white cat-a-weyo

Ive heard he's cut from the same cloth as Kante.

Postman Patson

Postman Patson

Postman Patson and his knackered old Datsun.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

On 19/06/2021 at 10:57, KingsleyPhiri said:

Salzburg vs Atletico with Daka in the line up. 

See his unbelivable defensive action vs Joao Felix at minute 21:10 (Stream minute, not at the game) in the first half. 

https://en.fullmatchsports.co/salzburg-vs-atletico-madrid-full-match-ucl-2020-21/?tab=first-half

I think Jordan may be onto something. Watched first 30 minutes of this match with Daka playing right side attacker/wing. His athleticism and movement creating all kinds of problems. Spent a large amount of time defending:ph34r:

25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I think Jordan may be onto something. Watched first 30 minutes of this match with Daka playing right side attacker/wing. His athleticism and movement creating all kinds of problems. Spent a large amount of time defending:ph34r:

So a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Daka? 

• Like 1

Just now, enmac said:

So a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Daka? 

Why Not!  Sounds like mayhem to me. Just the kind of attacking threat I dream of.