Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

30 minutes ago, KFS said:

Can’t be worse than Nigerian Chelsea fans. Absolutely deluded and arrogant.

How are Nigerian fans of Chelsea any comparison to Patson Daka fans from a country thousands of miles away from Nigeria?

That’s like if the New York Knicks signed a Greek player and I said his Greek fans can’t be any worse than the British Los Angeles Lakers fans.

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's only logical.  Daka doesn't want to come here because he wants to be a Leicester player forever.  He wants to go to the biggest stage in the world, prove he can succeed, and cash in with a huge contract at someplace like Bayern, PSG or Man City.  If it works, everybody wins - we get a season or two of striker production and a profit, Daka gets what he basically wanted all along.  That's how teams like Dortmund, Leipzig and Atalanta stay competitive and that's basically the model for LCFC.

I still reserve the right to scream about his disloyalty! 😁

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's only logical.  Daka doesn't want to come here because he wants to be a Leicester player forever.  He wants to go to the biggest stage in the world, prove he can succeed, and cash in with a huge contract at someplace like Bayern, PSG or Man City.  If it works, everybody wins - we get a season or two of striker production and a profit, Daka gets what he basically wanted all along.  That's how teams like Dortmund, Leipzig and Atalanta stay competitive and that's basically the model for LCFC.

Do we really want a succession of players who show no allegiance to our club. If this is our model , why do they go crazy on here when Tielemans,Ndidi, Maddison etc. are linked with moving on. Surely its time to let them go and take the profit 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

They go crazy because they don't understand the model.

Do we want a succession of Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell, and soon enough Tielemans and Pereira?  I think we do.  I think we want the best players we can get for however long they're around.  If we restrict ourselves to players not good enough to tempt and be tempted by the mega-clubs, top six is a pipe dream, never mind CL.

Believe it or not our model has never been to sell our best players despite what some think, and I know for a fact we are not sat there thinking how do we sell our best players.

I think some get confused about this. Our strategy is to build the best playing side possible, the one nuance to that is that if a player doesn't want to be here and we get the asking price we'll sell, providing we can reinvest. It's quite pragmatic really.

8 hours ago, The_77 said:

How are Nigerian fans of Chelsea any comparison to Patson Daka fans from a country thousands of miles away from Nigeria?

That’s like if the New York Knicks signed a Greek player and I said his Greek fans can’t be any worse than the British Los Angeles Lakers fans.

People are talking about foreign football fans coming onto our social media, that’s why Algerian fans were raised, now Zambia incoming and; not sure if you’ve noticed but the amazing amount of ‘small club’ posts from Twitterati whoppers are from Nigeria and support Chelsea.

I’d add Turkish fans in there too. Also saw South African fans raiding Brighton’s every post when Percy Tau wasn’t starting. 

You get my point…Hopefully you’ve got your world map out.

Edited by KFS
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Believe it or not our model has never been to sell our best players despite what some think, and I know for a fact we are not sat there thinking how do we sell our best players.

I think some get confused about this. Our strategy is to build the best playing side possible, the one nuance to that is that if a player doesn't want to be here and we get the asking price we'll sell, providing we can reinvest. It's quite pragmatic really.

As long as we understand that we are just a finishing school for careerist players that is OK. These players are not, Morgan, Fuchs or Vardy they are just being prepared for better things.

If Patson is Vardy’s successor and Vardy’s only got 2 years left in him and Patson will only be here for 2 years before looking at moving to an elite club. 

How can he be Vardy’s successor? 

Better bring 2 in Ruddders😄😄

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As long as we understand that we are just a finishing school for careerist players that is OK. These players are not, Morgan, Fuchs or Vardy they are just being prepared for better things.

But what happens if in the meantime we become that 'better thing'? Top isn't sat there happy with where the club is, he wants to build it. They'll always be a pecking order but it's becoming a smaller bigger pond by the year.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

What am I missing here?
Do we only want players who choose to stay until the end of their careers?

Should Fuchs be held in higher regard than Kanté or Mahrez just because he stayed longer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do we WANT to sell our best players, No.

Do we NEED to sell out best players? Debatable, our earrings to wage percentage was so high, we'd have no chance of strengthening like we do each summer without selling a player. Neither would we be able to invest so much in infrastructure. We should have brought that down substantially in the last 18 months, so we'll see on that. 

The way the purposely invest in young talent is clearly with the knowledge should they succeed, they will attract bids and they will likely want to move on to larger teams. We might not be actively looking to move a player on each year, but with such a base of talent in the squad it's easy to see 4 or 5 transfers that will happen in the coming years, and have one eye on that and actively plan ahead for it happening. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do we WANT to sell our best players, No.

Do we NEED to sell out best players? Debatable, our earrings to wage percentage was so high, we'd have no chance of strengthening like we do each summer without selling a player. Neither would we be able to invest so much in infrastructure. We should have brought that down substantially in the last 18 months, so we'll see on that. 

The way the purposely invest in young talent is clearly with the knowledge should they succeed, they will attract bids and they will likely want to move on to larger teams. We might not be actively looking to move a player on each year, but with such a base of talent in the squad it's easy to see 4 or 5 transfers that will happen in the coming years, and have one eye on that and actively plan ahead for it happening. 

We only sell if we reinvest and it's on our terms - we've never been under financial pressure to sell. That's where many get it wrong.

Wage to turnover ratios for the last bit have been enormously overstated, it's a bit of anomaly.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We only sell if we reinvest and it's on our terms - we've never been under financial pressure to sell. That's where many get it wrong.

Wage to turnover ratios for the last bit have been enormously overstated, it's a bit of anomaly.

Covid will definitely have affected revenue and we're in a situation where we DO need to sell if we are to progress. So while there is maybe no immediate threat by not selling, it is something we need to do to maintain our current position. If we don't sell a Chilwell every season, I doubt we can keep hold of emerging key players like Tielemans, Fofana, Soyuncu et al who will want top 6 club wages to stay.

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Covid will definitely have affected revenue and we're in a situation where we DO need to sell if we are to progress. So while there is maybe no immediate threat by not selling, it is something we need to do to maintain our current position. If we don't sell a Chilwell every season, I doubt we can keep hold of emerging key players like Tielemans, Fofana, Soyuncu et al who will want top (?!) 6 club wages to stay.

Do you not think that Covid also affects the revenues of some of the big 6 Clubs ?    I would imagine the days of Arsenal and Spuds taking our players are momentarily thwarted? 

The bottom line then is if Daka signs a five year contract and having proved his worth wants to move on to Liverpool after two years , then we wish him well and take the profit. We should in no way stand in the way of Tielemans if he now wants to do the same. In truth a large number of posters on here have near heart attacks at the thought.

• Like 1