Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, shen said:

Covid will definitely have affected revenue and we're in a situation where we DO need to sell if we are to progress. So while there is maybe no immediate threat by not selling, it is something we need to do to maintain our current position. If we don't sell a Chilwell every season, I doubt we can keep hold of emerging key players like Tielemans, Fofana, Soyuncu et al who will want top 6 club wages to stay.

Success builds commercial revenue and prize money over time though - no one has seen our accounts with full pl prize money, European money and growing commercial revenue yet. The difference between a 9th finish and top 5 finish is quite significant.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We only sell if we reinvest and it's on our terms - we've never been under financial pressure to sell. That's where many get it wrong.

Wage to turnover ratios for the last bit have been enormously overstated, it's a bit of anomaly.

Any reason why it’s overstated? The higher it is the less free money you have to spend on transfers etc.

I know it was freakishly high last accounts due to Covid, but we were high before that. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Any reason why it’s overstated? The higher it is the less free money you have to spend on transfers etc.

I know it was freakishly high last accounts due to Covid, but we were high before that. 

Last year because a huge chunk of prize money was pushed into the following year.

The year before because we'd spent a small fortune of sacking Claude and getting Rodgers, and then renewing his contract.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chelsea have already approached us asking if he is available. 

Some random teenage Arsenal fan has already tweeted a fake photo of him with Arsenal kit on.  

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Do you not think that Covid also affects the revenues of some of the big 6 Clubs ?    I would imagine the days of Arsenal and Spuds taking our players are momentarily thwarted? 

Of course it does, but the gap remains the same. If we're matching Arsenal and Spurs wages' then we have nothing to fear from a sporting perspective, but besides the current squad and manager, there isn't much from a non-sporting perspective that will have players choosing us over Spurs or Arsenal. We both know their potential 'ceilings' are much higher than what Leicester can offer currently.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Success builds commercial revenue and prize money over time though - no one has seen our accounts with full pl prize money, European money and growing revenue yet. The difference between a 9th finish and top 5 finish is quite significant.

I think you just have to look at the revenue gap between the 'big 6' and the rest to conclude that prize money from finishing 9th or 5th is insignificant. Until we have increased our income, mainly from marketing and commercial activities abroad, the only realistic way to compete is by employing our current model, like it or not.

• Like 1

Just now, frany104 said:

Why are you talking about him leaving?? He’s not even signed yet. Give it a rest. 

Because he is settling for us even though he really wanted Liverpool. These players should not post their true intentions on social media.

2 hours ago, KFS said:

People are talking about foreign football fans coming onto our social media, that’s why Algerian fans were raised, now Zambia incoming and; not sure if you’ve noticed but the amazing amount of ‘small club’ posts from Twitterati whoppers are from Nigeria and support Chelsea.

I’d add Turkish fans in there too. Also saw South African fans raiding Brighton’s every post when Percy Tau wasn’t starting. 

You get my point…Hopefully you’ve got your world map out.

Ha! Took me on a world tour there. Got your point.  :schmike:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, shen said:

Of course it does, but the gap remains the same. If we're matching Arsenal and Spurs wages' then we have nothing to fear from a sporting perspective, but besides the current squad and manager, there isn't much from a non-sporting perspective that will have players choosing us over Spurs or Arsenal. We both know their potential 'ceilings' are much higher than what Leicester can offer currently.

I think you just have to look at the revenue gap between the 'big 6' and the rest to conclude that prize money from finishing 9th or 5th is insignificant. Until we have increased our income, mainly from marketing and commercial activities abroad, the only realistic way to compete is by employing our current model, like it or not.

30m isn't insignificant.

You're right on commercial income but my spider senses tell me we've made massive progress on that.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Because he is settling for us even though he really wanted Liverpool. These players should not post their true intentions on social media.

Wait until you find out the majority of players will see us as a club to go to so they can eventually get a move to a bigger club

Even Kante didn’t really want to join us, he wanted to go to Marseille with Chelsea as his end game

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Wait until you find out the majority of players will see us as a club to go to so they can eventually get a move to a bigger club

Even Kante didn’t really want to join us, he wanted to go to Marseille with Chelsea as his end game

Of course you are totally right , that's why I laugh when I see some players kissing the badge.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Of course you are totally right , that's why I laugh when I see some players kissing the badge.

Vardy is the exception, I remember when after our title win Wenger wanted to sign him for £28m and Vardy turned it down, he could of got double what he gets here

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Vardy is the exception, I remember when after our title win Wenger wanted to sign him for £28m and Vardy turned it down, he could of got double what he gets here

He was Offered a 4 year deal on £120k pw by Arsenal We offered him £100k for 5 yrs.

obviously since then he has had further extensions and pay rises

4 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He was Offered a 4 year deal on £120k pw by Arsenal We offered him £100k for 5 yrs.

obviously since then he has had further extensions and pay rises

*£100k for 5 years, a less melty dressing room and guaranteed legend status at the end of it all.

At the time all Arsenal could offer was the legitimate chance to win an FA Cup albeit most likely as a squad player and... well...

• Like 1

I think it was being involved in the England set up that kept Vardy with us.

Being exposed to being 2nd or 3rd choice (sometimes to a winger!!) and being in a side that had no intention of playing a style of football that suited him showed him the grass wasn't greener.

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Strange that I'm already mourning losing Daka before we've even signed him 🤣

Because Daka's the way you are

56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Which is brilliant for us as we get players that are running their backsides of to impress the next club, so in other words, we, as fans, get to see a player pushing himself, instead of one that's "made it" and doesn't need to push himself further. This is why i think we saw the best of Mahrez and Man City fans only get to see that wizardry every now and then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Which is brilliant for us as we get players that are running their backsides of to impress the next club, so in other words, we, as fans, get to see a player pushing himself, instead of one that's "made it" and doesn't need to push himself further. This is why i think we saw the best of Mahrez and Man City fans only get to see that wizardry every now and then.

He's been consistently good there too, but now he's playing alongside Silva, de Bruyne, Agüero, so he doesn't stand out like a sore thumb like he did here ;)

I actually think the fact the players we have sold on have all continued to perform is a very positive thing for us. Top clubs will feel our players are properly scouted and can deliver almost instantly. The only exception has been Drinkwater really.

Edited by shen
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Which is brilliant for us as we get players that are running their backsides of to impress the next club, so in other words, we, as fans, get to see a player pushing himself, instead of one that's "made it" and doesn't need to push himself further. This is why i think we saw the best of Mahrez and Man City fans only get to see that wizardry every now and then.w

When Mahrez gets in a discussion , things quickly get divisive. Kante, Maguire and Chilwell ,as far as I know, have all thanked us for progressing their careers. Our business plan definitely seem to work for the most part , there have been exceptions Gray, Diabate etc. Daka can certainly be a value added player and maybe he will knock in plenty of goals. When the time comes for him to go though,like Tielemans, don't get upset and accuse him of disloyalty. That is the nature of this club.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When Mahrez gets in a discussion , things quickly get divisive. Kante, Maguire and Chilwell ,as far as I know, have all thanked us for progressing their careers. Our business plan definitely seem to work for the most part , there have been exceptions Gray, Diabate etc. Daka can certainly be a value added player and maybe he will knock in plenty of goals. When the time comes for him to go though,like Tielemans, don't get upset and accuse him of disloyalty. That is the nature of this club.

Why would i get upset if Tielemans left? I couldn't give a toss. I also don't think there is any such thing as a business plan or model at Leicester, it's all just coincidences. We don't have a plan to buy cheap and sell high, it just turns out that way, and if that's a plan, it's not a very good one, cos we've bought some right stinkers over the last few years.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why would i get upset if Tielemans left? I couldn't give a toss. I also don't think there is any such thing as a business plan or model at Leicester, it's all just coincidences. We don't have a plan to buy cheap and sell high, it just turns out that way, and if that's a plan, it's not a very good one, cos we've bought some right stinkers over the last few years.

You do realise that not every acquisition is based around a model of buy cheap sell high? Otherwise we'd never have bought Evans for example.

Edited by sphericalfox