Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

5 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

You do realise that not every acquisition is based around a model of buy cheap sell high? Otherwise we'd never have bought Evans for example.

Yes, that's what i just said. Well actually i said that i don't think there's any such thing as a model when it comes to us buying players.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We don't have a plan to buy cheap and sell high, it just turns out that way, and if that's a plan, it's not a very good one, cos we've bought some right stinkers over the last few years.

I always get frustrated by the "business plan" argument. The club didn't want to sell Kante; it didn't want to sell Drinkwater (but really, really did well on that one!); it really didn't want to sell Mahrez; it didn't want to sell Maguire; and it didn't want to sell Chilwell. 

The club's "model" is to not get their pants pulled down if forced to sell, to have succession plans in place for lost players, and to show a steely resolve in not letting more than 1 key player leave each season (hence telling Mahrez and Maguire they weren't going anywhere the summers before their big moves.)

The club tries to find gems and polish them, yes; it won't spend 70 million on a player, yes; it won't be strong armed, yes; but it doesn't "need" to sell a player every year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Need that photo of him @LCFC on Twitter with a City shirt on before I get excited, looks a phenomenal young striker and I can’t believe we are the only club interested in him… :scarf:

bigger clubs were interested but saw him as a fringe player to begin with, we see him as an important 1st team player so he’s opted for regular first team football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I always get frustrated by the "business plan" argument. The club didn't want to sell Kante; it didn't want to sell Drinkwater (but really, really did well on that one!); it really didn't want to sell Mahrez; it didn't want to sell Maguire; and it didn't want to sell Chilwell. 

The club's "model" is to not get their pants pulled down if forced to sell, to have succession plans in place for lost players, and to show a steely resolve in not letting more than 1 key player leave each season (hence telling Mahrez and Maguire they weren't going anywhere the summers before their big moves.)

The club tries to find gems and polish them, yes; it won't spend 70 million on a player, yes; it won't be strong armed, yes; but it doesn't "need" to sell a player every year. 

Pretty sure the club were ecstatic at that Drinkwater sale. He wasn’t anywhere close to his performances over the prior seasons and had been playing with nagging injuries. That was a great piece of business!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It depends what you view as 'need'. From a strictly "stay afloat, balance the books" point of view, probably not, no. If you take the angle that we want to maintain and improve our level of sporting performance, then we need to create more revenue than we're currently doing outside of player sales.
We've progressed in reputation and we've progressed in our player asset strategy. As a consequence, we're paying higher fees and dishing out more higher quantities of big contracts. So our costs will have invariably gone up and at some point our revenue just cannot sustain this level of performance - unless we cash in on some of our prized assets.

30 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Those saying the club don't have a business plan/ model regarding the types of players we target in transfers is wrong imo.

It is not a fluke or coincidence and its been a solid success for many years now.

Just my opinion mind !

From the nadir of the post title summer signings, the recruitment/selling of players since has been nothing short of first class. 

We have other clubs fans quoting us as a club they should aspire to in terms of running and management. Even seen Spurs fans say it through gritted teeth. Quite incredible. 

It really is a great time to follow City. Lots of us have been with them for years without ever dreaming of being what Leicester City are today. 

Brilliant. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
35 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Those saying the club don't have a business plan/ model regarding the types of players we target in transfers is wrong imo.

It is not a fluke or coincidence and its been a solid success for many years now.

Just my opinion mind !

Of course we do on the players we target. The argument was more around our selling strategy.

40 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Just my opinion mind !

The business model will be to buy younger players, improve them and inflate their value. Not sure selling a player every summer is one, just happens to be the reality of the last 4 years. Don’t think we’ll lose anyone important this summer tbh. 

• Like 2

Just now, ALC Fox said:

I think our strategy includes, to put it in its simplest form, buying young, promising players and selling at a profit to reinvest and gradually improve the team.

Going into more detail, that aspect of our transfer strategy involves a great deal of research. Some of our targets have been scouted for years. Not only does that help us identify players who will truly help the team but also inspires confidence in those players. Knowing that the club has wanted you for years and done more than their due diligence in scouting you must be fairly persuasive when that club makes a move for you.

By being a club that is willing to sell players also tells our targets that we won't stand in their way if a massive club comes calling for them. So, we won't halt their very short careers because we're hesitant to sell. But, we will hold out for what we think they're worth, which shows ambition, tells them that we value them highly, and shows that we're out to improve as a club, challenge for honours and play Champions League football.

We're going about things the right way, I think. If we do become a regular CL club things might change slightly but really only in the respect that the number of clubs who can attract our top players will dwindle further.

The other part of our strategy is to supplement these promising youths with experienced players who still jave something to achieve. Evans was never a Man Utd mainstay although he was always Man Utd quality. Tarkowski is a good PL defender who needs to take the next step to become an England regular. Bertrand is a good player who can guide our promising left-backs with his experience.

The strategy is a complex beast but it's working for us currently. And there will be the odd dud still, as Under proved.

TLDR, is Leicester’s transfer policy a threat to today’s youth?

11 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Has he signed yet or can i go back to my sausage casserole ?

hold onto it, then you can have a sausage party when he's announced :celebrate:

• Haha 1

This young player obviously has the brain of a striker but premiership defenders will give him less space and time so he will need to sharpen his thinking even more. He comes in as no.4 striker behind Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes so he will have to get used to that. He won't be a bench player though as I expect there will be a lot of rotation. If he gets 15 next season that would be very good any more than that he will be making headlines.

Edited by An Sionnach