Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

There is absolutely no way Barnes plays up front ahead of this lad. No chance. 

Barnes is a proven premiership striker , Daka is not. Barnes will play in the games where his skills are most needed. I think Daka will relieve Vardy bringing down his game time to a more manageable level. Please do not think that Daka is a better player than Barnes yet. He still has to prove himself first.

Edited by An Sionnach

6 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Barnes has to start for me but he's a left winger really. This guy is a central striker I believe so they could fit together nicely in a front 3. 

I expect they will play together in a good number of matches next season.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nine goals in twenty five appearances says he is.

He’s really not. He’s definitely a proven Premier league scorer I think we can all agree on that. One that it will be bloody brilliant to get back!

• Like 4

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not saying that Daka is a better player than Barnes. I'm saying he is a better striker than Barnes because Barnes isn't a striker, much less "proven premiership striker".

Barnes had a pretty good goals per minute tally last season and I expect that to improve. This left-winger business is interesting because Rodgers doesn't see him as an out and out winger. It is the same as saying Salah is a winger. They do drift wide but also attack the left or right channel.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes had a pretty good goals per minute tally last season and I expect that to improve. This left-winger business is interesting because Rodgers doesn't see him as an out and out winger. It is the same as saying Salah is a winger. They do drift wide but also attack the left or right channel.

No.... He's starts left and cut in. That's different to starting up top and drifting wide like Vardy was doing at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He's still NOT a striker though 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No.... He's starts left and cut in. That's different to starting up top and drifting wide like Vardy was doing at the end of the season. 

I agree he is not the same type as Daka, who I assume is a Vardy style attacker. Iheanacho is also different of course so Rodgers has a number of options. It is however Barnes's job to score goals and that makes him a striker in my book.

• Haha 2