Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Yeh except he kept getting plastered! 

Was he the ex-WBA defender, Batson?

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah we were either on the floor or backs to the wall. 

We had to go for an early bath

Guest StevieLynex
25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Free grout...

Le freak c'est Chic.

He played last night for the Czech Republic

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

This young player obviously has the brain of a striker but premiership defenders will give him less space and time so he will need to sharpen his thinking even more. He comes in as no.4 striker behind Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes so he will have to get used to that. He won't be a bench player though as I expect there will be a lot of rotation. If he gets 15 next season that would be very good any more than that he will be making headlines.

...won't be a #4 striker.....!!!

Very much start upfront if Vardy not at full tilt. Nacho is the player who could see his time reduced and unless we continue to play with two upfront he will not be called upon on a regular basis.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, shen said:

Yes, I get that. But you just know that Vardy wants to play every time he is fit. Iheanacho will feel he has proven he can be the main goal scorer in this team (arguably only in a 3-5-2 formation), while Daka I assume will want assurances of being first-choice pretty quickly.

Vardy won't stay fit if he plays every game when he is fit. Daka will rotate with Vardy, which leaves us with Perez rotating with Iheanacho. I suspect that if we start with 2 up front and take off Iheanacho then it means we are changing to 1 up front.

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I wonder if the old story that Gary Mac was the 'make weight' in the deal was true?

I think it was. Mauchlen was an established player at Motherwell, whereas Gary Mac was a youngster yet to make his mark

Regarding signings, it's possible we are waiting for July 1st as that might be the start of a new tax accounting year depending on when the club does their books. That could be important given FFP (I know that is currently suspended, but still), but also loan repayments, financial repayments, etc.

That said it's never affected is before, but then we have just had a global health pandemic!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding signings, it's possible we are waiting for July 1st as that might be the start of a new tax accounting year depending on when the club does their books. That could be important given FFP (I know that is currently suspended, but still), but also loan repayments, financial repayments, etc.

That said it's never affected is before, but then we have just had a global health pandemic!

I'm pretty sure we could confirm deals but them not be officially active until July anyway for accounting purposes. I doubt that's the reason.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm pretty sure we could confirm deals but them not be officially active until July anyway for accounting purposes. I doubt that's the reason.

That thought did occur to me, but especially with the Soumare deal, it seems a bit odd we haven't announced it. Although perhaps in his case, we are paying a fee that is triggered on a certain date?

Just speculating of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That thought did occur to me, but especially with the Soumare deal, it seems a bit odd we haven't announced it. Although perhaps in his case, we are paying a fee that is triggered on a certain date?

Just speculating of course.

We can be ridiculously slow at announcing deals, I'd love to know why but suppose it doesn't really matter at this stage of transfer windows.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We can be ridiculously slow at announcing deals, I'd love to know why but suppose it doesn't really matter at this stage of transfer windows.

Do you think it could affect the fees of other deals if clubs find out another club has just haggled an extra few million out of us? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ricardo springs to mind wasnt he announced pre- World Cup 2018?

Yep him and Ndidi are the earliest we've ever announced deals that I can remember. Ndidi we knew had signed about a week before it was made official, which I think was on either 1st or 2nd January. Ricardo was done maybe 3 days after the end of the season? Though I suspected that was done because Puel hated Danny Simpson so much lol