Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

57 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

How did this fool anyone? 

First and foremost, no blue tick? It's fake...

Secondly... Castagne is clearly injured just now and wouldn't be in training if he wasn't because A, we are not training just now and B, he would be training with the national side...

It didn’t fool anyone but it at least got this tread back on track. 🤣

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I agree with this.  I think that the first footballer to come out would ride a tsunami of goodwill and support.  Hatred would not dare show it's face. 

I think that is largely true.  However, it's also the reason that if I was a footballer I would not come out.  For me it would be less about the abuse and more that I'd become the token gay person that the media would obsess over.  I wouldn't want to be known as 'the gay footballer'.  I would want to be known, interviewed etc. for my football, and happen to be gay.

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah mate, usually jokes are like, you know, vaguely amusing. That fucher wouldn’t even make an Aldi Christmas cracker. 

Then ignore and move on! As i said earlier, no need to be a nob! But funnily enough I actually work for Aldi. 

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Looks ****ing mint this fella. Really does, even based on Youtube vids, the speed, decisiveness, balance and powerful finishing off both feet. Really excited for this one.

Wonder who he reminds me of 🤔 a young Mr Vardy ?

Hopefully Vards could make him an even more immensely prolific goal scorer for us, definitely  makes you proud of this club to have got this lad from under the noses of the old Big 6 !!

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sadly, the case of Justin Fashanu haunts the english game, but I do think it will happen in the not to distant future.

Ideally a group of players would do it en masse, to diffuse the pressure on any one individual. It is a stain on the game until things change.

I don’t understand how it’s not just obvious though. With all the technology and the state of the British press it amazes me that we don’t hear about something. If people are hiding to the extent that they are suppressing it completely that’s just so sad. I’m not saying that these things should get leaked but i can’t imagine that’s where the press would draw the line, seeing as they don’t seem to care about crossing any lines. 

It does surprise me that we don’t have a male equivalent of Rapinoe (the USA women’s player) who just owns it. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Something I never tyre of. 

Can we just not …… this thing will go ‘hot’ now several times today for no other reason than people being clever buggers with language!

apologies if anyone feels like I’m tread-ing on anyone’s toes ……..l

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can we just not …… this thing will go ‘hot’ now several times today for no other reason than people being clever buggers with language!

apologies if anyone feels like I’m tread-ing on anyone’s toes ……..l

A bit tetchy SAF, are you not having a goodyear ? 

This period is peak silly season typically with lots of guff and very little substance 

Anyone who doesn’t realise that should give this forum a wide berth from the end of the season until about mid July in my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

A bit tetchy SAF, are you not having a goodyear ? 

This period is peak silly season typically with lots of guff and very little substance 

Anyone who doesn’t realise that should give this forum a wide berth from the end of the season until about mid July in my opinion 

You’re  just compound-ing the situation now ……. 

(sorry - I couldn’t see the puns in your last two sentences……)

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Regarding the fake Castagne account, there's a subtle change of spelling in the @ that many will have missed. 

Excellent attention to detail HPF. That one was never going to get past you. :)

13 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Zambia is on the red list, so understand he’ll have to quarantine here or staying in an amber listed country for 10 days. So I make that then end of next week at the earliest he’ll be spotted at Fosse Park

This quarantine lark is not easy.  Easy to understand why so many people use the UK Border Force Taxi service to get around this requirement.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
40 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Zambia is on the red list, so understand he’ll have to quarantine here or staying in an amber listed country for 10 days. So I make that then end of next week at the earliest he’ll be spotted at Fosse Park

If photos are to be believed he travelled back to Europe last week so probably middle of next week.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If photos are to be believed he travelled back to Europe last week so probably middle of next week.

Yes the photo was posted 20th so 30th providing he didn’t go via another red list eg Dubai