Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Bloody hell boys some of you lot can't half talk up a player! I'd barely heard of the lad before we were in for him and now I'm bouncing off the walls as if we're signing prime Ronaldo

You are my kind of pessimist. I hope Daka is as brilliant as he seems, but I still have nightmares about Akinbiyi.🙄

1 minute ago, LanguedocFox said:

You are my kind of pessimist. I hope Daka is as brilliant as he seems, but I still have nightmares about Akinbiyi.🙄

Nah I'm not even being pessimistic. Genuinely don't follow much football outside of England anymore so know very little about this guy. Can't help but be excited just from the reaction on this thread lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Bloody hell boys some of you lot can't half talk up a player! I'd barely heard of the lad before we were in for him and now I'm bouncing off the walls as if we're signing prime Ronaldo

I second this… Musa got the same hype and how did that end?!.. give the lad a chance before we big him up and then get on his back when it doesn’t go to plan. 

Edited by Fox1980

12 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

I second this… Musa got the same hype and how did that end?!.. give the lad a chance before we big him up and then get on his back when it doesn’t go to plan. 

I'll give him one game to impress and if not he's finished in my eyes 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:
12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'll give him one game to impress and if not he's finished in my eyes 

He needs to be a consistent 8/10 to win me over after reading this thread. 

Edited by Fox1980

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Can I just say, living in Austria (as I do) and if you take an interest in Football, you would have heard of PD - very often.  I had never heard of Kante and Mahrez before they joined us.  PD will be a great success for us.  

Mahrez scored 7 goals in his first 49 matches for us , he was by no means an instant success. Daka I'm sure will make a useful contribution but nobody should get carried away.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Mahrez scored 7 goals in his first 49 matches for us , he was by no means an instant success. Daka I'm sure will make a useful contribution but nobody should get carried away.

I know you probably also class Mahrez as a striker but for a Winger just settling into not only a new type of football but also a new way of life I’d say 7 in 49 isn’t actually a bad return... stats aside he was a breath of fresh air and a joy to watch when he signed

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I know you probably also class Mahrez as a striker but for a Winger just settling into not only a new type of football but also a new way of life I’d say 7 in 49 isn’t actually a bad return... stats aside he was a breath of fresh air and a joy to watch when he signed

I won't get into semantics again , I get ganged up on, Daka has to adapt and I'm sure Rodgers will ease him in carefully. I am looking for 10-15 next season and that will be a a fine first season.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I do not recall Vardy being an instant success. PD is only 22 and in good hands with BR. He will be fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

You could instantly see Mahrez’s ability if this guy is suppose to be class then we should see that quickly. 

As someone who knows, what I would consider, a lot about current football, I’ve surprised myself with this one, as I genuinely know very little about him! I’ve just ‘heard the name’

Can someone who knows more about him, please give me a player in the top five leagues who Daka is equivalent to (past or present) just to build my excitement?

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

As someone who knows, what I would consider, a lot about current football, I’ve surprised myself with this one, as I genuinely know very little about him! I’ve just ‘heard the name’

Can someone who knows more about him, please give me a player in the top five leagues who Daka is equivalent to (past or present) just to build my excitement?

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

He has alot of attributes that Vardy has.

Pace, plays on the shoulder, can carry the ball, underrated finisher with both feet. Doesn't have the aggression of Vardy, but that isn't to his detriment.

He may need easing in, but even so I can see him getting 12-15 goals, the ball just ends up at his feet in the box, which is by no means a fluke.

Him and Iheanacho could be 1 hell of a partnership. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

He is probably the best Vardy replacement we could ask for.

Extremely quick, plays on the shoulder, intelligent runs in behind, etc. Not sure if he’s as aggressive/tenacious with his press like Vardy when he was younger, but overall, his playstyle is perfect for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

He has alot of attributes that Vardy has.

Pace, plays on the shoulder, can carry the ball, underrated finisher with both feet. Doesn't have the aggression of Vardy, but that isn't to his detriment.

He may need easing in, but even so I can see him getting 12-15 goals, the ball just ends up at his feet in the box, which is by no means a fluke.

Him and Iheanacho could be 1 hell of a partnership. 

1 minute ago, Shane said:

He is probably the best Vardy replacement we could ask for.

Extremely quick, plays on the shoulder, intelligent runs in behind, etc. Not sure if he’s as aggressive/tenacious with his press like Vardy when he was younger, but overall, his playstyle is perfect for us. 

lol:appl:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

lol:appl:

Hahaha! Great timing :D

One more thing I would add is that Daka seems like he’d be a great fit for the dressing room, which is something us fans often overlook. Having watched some of his interviews, he seems like a great bloke, always smiling, positive, very religious, humble but also determined to progress in his career. Reminds me of Ngolo & I could see him becoming a player that leads by example. Here’s a good interview with Enock Mwepu:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

All of the above rolled into one, but better!

48 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

Think more:

Akinbiyi

De Vries

Hammond

Hayles