Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

As someone who knows, what I would consider, a lot about current football, I’ve surprised myself with this one, as I genuinely know very little about him! I’ve just ‘heard the name’

Can someone who knows more about him, please give me a player in the top five leagues who Daka is equivalent to (past or present) just to build my excitement?

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

Stan Collymore, pace, power, 2 good feet and good in the air.

• Like 4

In pandemic terms I'm waiting for the Foxes Talk excitement curve to flatten, a downward spiral of "is he really that good" , " it's a much tougher league" and "he may not adapt"  followed by a second wave of hysteria as 5000 Zambians join the site and proclaim the Zambian 'Lesta' Pele :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

In pandemic terms I'm waiting for the Foxes Talk excitement curve to flatten, a downward spiral of "is he really that good" , " it's a much tougher league" and "he may not adapt"  followed by a second wave of hysteria as 5000 Zambians join the site and proclaim the Zambian 'Lesta' Pele :D

There'll be a second wave when Sowah links up and begins his proper integration.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

So my mates wife is Zambian and he's tapped up the brother-in-law for info on Daka. Came back with this. 

Or in Nyanja tongue, "You can say 
"Ni wa nzelu maningi ku bola" translates he's a genius at football

Fair enough. He'll do.

Wow. Looks so similar to kiswahili!

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The British media are so weird. There's actual quotes from the lad saying he's joining us and they're not arsed. But get some tip off from someone's Nan's milkman and they'll run with it for days.

Has to be a 'big' club, or a big name player or they'll barely talk about it until its literally happened.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The British media are so weird. There's actual quotes from the lad saying he's joining us and they're not arsed. But get some tip off from someone's Nan's milkman and they'll run with it for days.

If this was Man Utd or Man City, it would be back page news.

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

As someone who knows, what I would consider, a lot about current football, I’ve surprised myself with this one, as I genuinely know very little about him! I’ve just ‘heard the name’

Can someone who knows more about him, please give me a player in the top five leagues who Daka is equivalent to (past or present) just to build my excitement?

…Vardy?

…Torres?

…Manzukic?

….Shearer?

He's a cross between Messi, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Maradona, van Basten and Pele

Guest StevieLynex
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So Nan's milkman knew about Hancock's hanky panky first?

Edited by StevieLynex

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Musa wasn’t putting up anywhere near the same kind of numbers as Daka

Musa had 18 goals and 7 assists in 44 games

Daka has 34 goals and 12 assists in 42 games

Hope he's not another Slimani, Musa, Silva, Iborra, Perez, Zieler, Hernandez, Mendy, Fenton, Akinbiyi, Davies, English, Ghezzal, Under, Grew, Waddle, Robertson,Hill, North, Wise, Lewis

Edited by StevieLynex

He is still in Austria according to the regional Salzburg Newspaper.

Per the same:

'Patson Daka wants and will probably move to England. "I will go to England and move to Leicester City," said the (still) Salzburg striker of the "Kronen Zeitung" on the sidelines of the friendly against Dunajska Streda on Friday. Daka was not on duty. There is still no official implementation, the transfer fee is still being haggled, according to Salzburg.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Hahaha! Great timing :D

One more thing I would add is that Daka seems like he’d be a great fit for the dressing room, which is something us fans often overlook. Having watched some of his interviews, he seems like a great bloke, always smiling, positive, very religious, humble but also determined to progress in his career. Reminds me of Ngolo & I could see him becoming a player that leads by example. Here’s a good interview with Enock Mwepu:

Patson papa daka, what a name.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Hahaha! Great timing :D

One more thing I would add is that Daka seems like he’d be a great fit for the dressing room, which is something us fans often overlook. Having watched some of his interviews, he seems like a great bloke, always smiling, positive, very religious, humble but also determined to progress in his career. Reminds me of Ngolo & I could see him becoming a player that leads by example. Here’s a good interview with Enock Mwepu:

Why, is he built like a wardrobe or something?

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And the Edouard deal is dead
I'm loving Daka instead

He offers us protection.

From the threat of relegation...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2